Tony Dungy - Hall of Famer - Yeah or Neigh

no psls

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO.

When you are the coach of an uber talented team, and someone else has to get them over the hump to win a SB, you are not a HOF coach.

He won a SB with Peyton.  He was brought in to improve the D, which he never really did.   I think he is really over rated.

Remember how he used to always sit his starters at the end of the regular season and then they'd immediately go one and done in the playoffs?

For Christsakes, Robot Jim Caldwell took the team to the Super Bowl the year after Dungy retired.

Dungy joins Bettis and Swann as the least deserving men in the Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

NO.

When you are the coach of an uber talented team, and someone else has to get them over the hump to win a SB, you are not a HOF coach.

He won a SB with Peyton.  He was brought in to improve the D, which he never really did.   I think he is really over rated.

Disagree about Swann. Thriving as a WR in that decade where PI was non existent is a real credit to him.

Bettis is more of a close call

Disagree about Swann. Thriving as a WR in that decade where PI was non existent is a real credit to him.

Bettis is more of a close call

I think you meant to quote me.

Swann didn't thrive as a WR in that decade. He thrived in one memorable game. Zero thousand yard seasons. Compare his numbers to non-Hall of Famer Cliff Branch and Swann's induction is an absolute joke. Not to mention, non-HOFer Drew Pearson posted similar career numbers and was a three time All Pro to Swann's one.

4 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I think you meant to quote me.

Swann didn't thrive as a WR in that decade. He thrived in one memorable game. Zero thousand yard seasons. Compare his numbers to non-Hall of Famer Cliff Branch and Swann's induction is an absolute joke. Not to mention, non-HOFer Drew Pearson posted similar career numbers and was a three time All Pro to Swann's one.

I wonder if Drew Pearson's non election has to do with a certain PI call that was never made.

Jim Marshall isn't in the HOF because he ran the wrong way and didn't win a ring

No.  I lived just south of Tampa during the Dungy years so I saw a lot of Bucs football.  That defense is second to the Ravens SB winning team over the past 20+ years IMO and with a better HC they win 3-4 SB's.  With Dungy, they had to wait for him to leave to get it done.  Then he goes to Indy and wins one with Manning and Moore running the show.

Tony Dungy has over 100 wins in his nfl career and less than 100 losses, won the super bowl, and Created the tampa 2, yes he deserves to be in the hall of fame

1 Super Bowl win with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game?

Dungy has choked more times in big games than Peyton.

46 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

1 Super Bowl win with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game?

Dungy has choked more times in big games than Peyton.

They'd probably have another SB if the Patriots weren't cheating. 

Guy is a class act. As a coach and as a person!

Lots of great guys in the NFL. Doesn't make them HOFers. There's someone who argued a while back that Coughlin is not HOF worthy. That dude must've had an aneurysm. As for Dungy, no I don't believe he's worthy at all.

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

No.  I lived just south of Tampa during the Dungy years so I saw a lot of Bucs football.  That defense is second to the Ravens SB winning team over the past 20+ years IMO and with a better HC they win 3-4 SB's.  With Dungy, they had to wait for him to leave to get it done.  Then he goes to Indy and wins one with Manning and Moore running the show.

Not much more to be said.

Archived