Von Miller

hawk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo is good, but Miller is a game changer. Trade Mo and pick (s ) for Miller? Both guys should be tagged and still could be traded,  right? Not sure of the contract difference and if it would be worth it for Denver. He's the kind of player we have been missing for years....more of wish,  then realistic I'm sure.

27 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

Mo is good, but Miller is a game changer. Trade Mo and pick (s ) for Miller? Both guys should be tagged and still could be traded,  right? Not sure of the contract difference and if it would be worth it for Denver. He's the kind of player we have been missing for years....more of wish,  then realistic I'm sure.

But Mo is on a fast track to the HOF ask Gato..:)

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Peyton retires freeing up BIG money for Von! Will never leave the town he just won a SB in? Especially when they will make him the highest paid Def. player in the league.

Never said the Jets could actually snag him.  The Broncos may see things differently with an uncertain QB and two first round picks, and they would still have to match any offer they receive.  The Jets will have competition also, I am sure.  

The Broncos will have something like $50 Million when Manning retires, and they restructure some players.  

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What happens if Peyton doesn't retire? They can't pay him 20 million. And they save it all by cutting him. But can they really cut him if he says he is healthy and wants to come back?

They have a decision to make.  Tag Miller and risk losing Osweiler, or Tag Osweiler and risk losing Miller.  

Yes, they can really cut him, and they should.  He is not the same player, or even a shell of the same player.  IMO.

Just now, hawk said:

They have a decision to make.  Tag Miller and risk losing Osweiler, or Tag Osweiler and risk losing Miller.  

Yes, they can really cut him, and they should.  He is not the same player, or even a shell of the same player.  IMO.

Peyton is terrible at this point, I am not arguing there.

Just is funny, I think if he doesn't retire they will have to figure out a way to buy him out so to speak.

1 hour ago, hawk said:

He is worth two first round picks, which is what it would take when Denver Franchises him.  He is worth what ever the contract is going to be.

What say you?

I say he won't be available. If they tag him they won't let him negotiate with other teams (like the Saints did with Brees). He's too unique to take a chance that someone will offer him something they can't match. That is, unless Denver would rather have the 2 first round picks and cap space. I don't see that happening. Not with Miller and the team circumstances.

Coming off a SB win, with him as the (much deserved) MVP, they'll still be contenders again next season with Miller, even if it's Osweiller at QB. Without him they may get a pair of players who don't do much for the next season or two (and possibly never). 

I don't think anyone gets a crack at him. The exception might be if Manning retires and they think Brock sucks so bad they won't be contenders until they find another QB. In that case, they may want 4 first round picks over the next 2 drafts to aid in the search. Even still, he's so unique they won't get their hands on another like him for 30 years.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I say he won't be available. If they tag him they won't let him negotiate with other teams (like the Saints did with Brees). He's too unique to take a chance that someone will offer him something they can't match. That is, unless Denver would rather have the 2 first round picks and cap space. I don't see that happening. Not with Miller and the team circumstances.

Coming off a SB win, with him as the (much deserved) MVP, they'll still be contenders again next season with Miller, even if it's Osweiller at QB. Without him they may get a pair of players who don't do much for the next season or two (and possibly never). 

I don't think anyone gets a crack at him. The exception might be if Manning retires and they think Brock sucks so bad they won't be contenders until they find another QB. In that case, they may want 4 first round picks over the next 2 drafts to aid in the search. Even still, he's so unique they won't get their hands on another like him for 30 years.

That is a different type of franchise tag, and cost much more money.  They may not be able to keep Osweiller if they tag Miller.

I agree, Denver will do everything they can to keep him, but it is a business.  

Edit: They are built to win now, and it is possible they look to rebuild with two draft picks, isn't it?

Are we sure I didn't say he is already a HOFer? I think someone needs to counter by proving JJ Watt is better than Wilkerson too for when I said that.

You know what would put us over the top?

Signing Andre Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, hawk said:

That is a different type of franchise tag, and cost much more money.  They may not keep Osweiller if they tag Miller.

I agree, Denver will do everything they can to keep him, but it is a business.  

I just think Miller's too unique, too special, to risk losing him by saving a little on a player who's going to command that much annually on a new contract anyway.

If they tag him lower then IMO they want someone else to pick him up for the pair of 1st rounders & cap space.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I just think Miller's too unique, too special, to risk losing him by saving a little on a player who's going to command that much annually on a new contract anyway.

If they tag him lower then IMO they want someone else to pick him up for the pair of 1st rounders & cap space.

I agree.  

For conversation sake, he is available for two firsts, and your the GM, do you make an offer?  It's going to cost you Suh money, however, you can sign him for relatively low cost in 2016, and higher cost in 2017 when Revis comes movable.

3 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Von is awesome but it surely helps having Ware on the other side to take some of the OLs attention away 

There is no doubt.  

How would you compare our defensive line to Denver's?  I give the advantage to the Jets.  

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

I agree.  

For conversation sake, he is available for two firsts, and your the GM, do you make an offer?  It's going to cost you Suh money, however, you can sign him for relatively low cost in 2016, and higher cost in 2017 when Revis comes movable.

Yes, absolutely. But we won't be the only ones (including other teams the play where the weather's nice and/or where they don't have 9% state income tax). 

Consider that our 1st round pick would go towards someone at his position anyway, with the hopes that said player is half of what Miller brings. So in a sense it's really one first round pick plus the cap space. 

A team doesn't pay Revis, past his prime, $17M per season and then balk at the same money for Miller very much in his prime.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes, absolutely. But we won't be the only ones. 

Consider that our 1st round pick would go towards someone at his position anyway, with the hopes that said player is half of what Miller brings. So in a sense it's really one first round pick plus the cap space. 

A team doesn't pay Revis, past his prime, $17M per season and then balk at the same money for Miller very much in his prime.

You summed up my opinion quite nicely.  It will be interesting to watch it play out.  

(bolded) Miller's agent has to be telling him the same thing.  Oakland will have a sh*t ton of cash, and he and Mack would be intriguing to watch.   

4 hours ago, hawk said:

You summed up my opinion quite nicely.  It will be interesting to watch it play out.  

(bolded) Miller's agent has to be telling him the same thing.  Oakland will have a sh*t ton of cash, and he and Mack would be intriguing to watch.   

The Raiders couldn't even afford to pay Von Miller ( Will get Jj Watt money- highest defender in the game) . They need that money to eventually pay Derek Carr, and K Mack.  Not to mention despite the monster cap space, don't have the cash you need  upfront that you need to put in escrow to cover that contract in case of injury.( M Davis isn't a billionaire)See N -Suh last year-   Why the Dolphins knew they were going to get Suh despite not having anywhere  the cap space the Raiders had.

If Aldon Smith stays clean( big if) they would have their bookend pass rushers.He is a free agent but it's a slam dunk will be back with the Raiders if he gets reinstated.( both parties are happy with each other). He won't be back at least the first nine games

You can't count on Aldon Smith( have to plan like he won't be back- you do that by targeting players  in Fa that are scheme versatile that can fit in 4-3 defense, or 3-4 defense.  Like Bruce Irvin. 

Noah Spence become an option at 14( if he gets past the Bears) .  Very talented pass rusher with serious character risk ( like the Jets knew Sheldon Richardson had- but at that point was well worth the risk) .  They have more than enough High quality guys in that locker room ( Dan Williams, K Mack, and Malcolm Smith) to keep N Spence in line.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Only a Raiders fan could talk themselves out of a player like Von Miller because they have to pay 2 guys 3 years from now and Aldon Smith. Well, not really only a Raiders fan, but I never understand that stuff..

Obviously you don't understand what I'm talking about, and I'm not even going to try and explain it- just above your comprehension level. The Raiders can't compete with the Bronco's for Von Miller.( even if they were willing to part with two number 1 picks).    They just can't afford it.( much more goes into than just salary cap space).You have to have actual cash on hand which every billionaire owner easily has.( Mr Davis doesn't ).   

Muhammad Wilkerson made it to the free agent market without a tag, there is no way the Raiders would win a bidding war for him.( he would be playing for someone other than the Raiders). I understand why , and that is just the way it is. the team that spends the most in Fa isn't usually  the big winners, but the team that drafts the best is the one that is going to prosper.

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Obviously you don't understand what I'm talking about, and I'm not even going to try and explain it- just above your comprehension level. The Raiders can't compete with the Bronco's for Von Miller.( even if they were willing to part with two number 1 picks).

The Raiders couldn't even afford to pay Von Miller....The Raiders couldn't even afford to pay Von Miller ( Will get Jj Watt money- highest defender in the game) . They need that money to eventually pay Derek Carr, and K Mack.

Man, where'd those goal posts go.

Muhammad Wilkerson made it to the free agent market without a tag

As a guy with a super high comprehension level, I'm sure you're aware that FA doesn't open until March and the window to tag doesn't even open until 10 days after the Super Bowl.

Why are people comparing Von Miller to Mo Wilkerson ? They are 2 different players at 2 different positions.

IMO Mo Wilkerson is expendable if it gets us a number one pick. We are over stacked at the position and unfortunately Mo will be the odd man out . Harrison will cost less to pay and is a mush more difficult position to replace. We run a 3-4 defense and we can not afford to pay all these guys large salaries when the most Important part for the fron 7 in a 3-4 is the LB's . We are built backwards and we will have to let some players go to gain more speed at the LB position.

For the billionth time - 2 down run stuffers who barely clear 50% of the snaps at 27 are not harder to find than a player like Wilkerson. If it were so hard for someone else to do Harrison's job, then the Jets would have played him more than the 50% of the time they've used him over the past two seasons. 

The goal is to get faster overall. Signing the run stuffer who comes off the field in passing situations/half the time to a big extension doesn't accomplish that either. 

It's really starting to look like Mo is gone.  And ultimately it's the right choice...

We are overloaded at the position and need help elsewhere - need to get younger and faster.

He's not a dominant player - he's a very good player that can flash greatness at times but simply doesn't take over games.  

If Mo doesn't go then you have to move Richardson - having the three of them back next year simply doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

For the billionth time - 2 down run stuffers who barely clear 50% of the snaps at 27 are not harder to find than a player like Wilkerson. If it were so hard for someone else to do Harrison's job, then the Jets would have played him more than the 50% of the time they've used him over the past two seasons. 

The goal is to get faster overall. Signing the run stuffer who comes off the field in passing situations/half the time to a big extension doesn't accomplish that either. 

Gato if you look at all the great historical 3-4 defenses they all have a stout NT and great LB's the DE's and the Job of the DL over all is to occupy blockers to keep them off the LBers so they can make plays. We cant pay top dollar for that type of player. Now if we converted to a 4-3 it would be a whole new discussion but that's not happening so MO will unfortunately will be the odd man out especially if we want to target a real LB via FA (obviously depending on who is available) . Im guessing you will see the Jets actively looking for fast LB's in the draft as well.

Boards being screwy, post not showing up properly.

Where do you that it's looking like that? Why is so much being made up about this Wilkerson situation just to prop up the myth that he's easily replaced? Like its one thing if these things weren't transparently made up, but that's not the situation.

Von Miller is a pipe dream. There is a chance that Ware may shake loose and be a quality 2 year solution to the olb replacing pace. Draft anther LB in the first this year and let mauldin and rookie battle and grow while ware holds down the fort.

Archived