Von Miller

hawk

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Gato if you look at all the great historical 3-4 defenses they all have a stout NT and great LB's the DE's and the Job of the DL over all is to occupy blockers to keep them off the LBers so they can make plays. We cant pay top dollar for that type of player. Now if we converted to a 4-3 it would be a whole new discussion but that's not happening so MO will unfortunately will be the odd man out especially if we want to target a real LB via FA (obviously depending on who is available) . Im guessing you will see the Jets actively looking for fast LB's in the draft as well.

If I look? I have looked and I say you just made that up. Why don't you point me something more solid instead of asking me to do homework that you - knowing it already as fact - could present? If Harrison is such a rare type of player, why is he off the field half the time these past two seasons? Why were the Jets the second best team at stopping offenses on third down last year with him off the field so often? Why does Harrison suddenly become expendable in a 4-3 if he's such a rare player?

You can't just say things when the facts of the matter completely disprove what you believe, that's...I mean even the church recognizes that these days.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's really starting to look like Mo is gone.  And ultimately it's the right choice...

We are overloaded at the position and need help elsewhere - need to get younger and faster.

He's not a dominant player - he's a very good player that can flash greatness at times but simply doesn't take over games.  

If Mo doesn't go then you have to move Richardson - having the three of them back next year simply doesn't make sense.

It's either resign Mo or resign Fitz, Snacks, upgrade at RT, and possibly sign a OLB like Aldon Smith.

4 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Von Miller is a pipe dream. There is a chance that Ware may shake loose and be a quality 2 year solution to the olb replacing pace. Draft anther LB in the first this year and let mauldin and rookie battle and grow while ware holds down the fort.

Miller is a pipe dream and Ware is getting old. Aldon Smith is a legit possibility.

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

It's either resign Mo or resign Fitz, Snacks, upgrade at RT, and possibly sign a OLB like Aldon Smith.

It's probably to be - half a dozen cuts, a restructure, sign Mo, sign Fitzgerald, upgrade at RT, and pick up a LB (possibly Aldon Smith).

15 minutes ago, afosomf said:

aldon smith is a 0% chance probabilty,  Not even sure he is able to play next yr, and he is 1 strike from getting death penalty. 

His suspension is over by week 10.  He's better than Wilkerson at a fraction of the cost and we already have guys on the d-line who can develop into what Wilk was if given the chance.

Greg Hardy, Ray Rice and Pacman Jones are all worse and none ever got a so called death penalty.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Rotfl you don't sign Aldon Smith to replace Mo Wilkerson. Good Jeebus, the thought of paying a Jets player really has melted minds.

Not to replace but upgrade at OLB.  We have no outside pass rush haven't had any at all since Abraham.  Smith is worth the risk.

Just now, drdetroit said:

Not to replace but upgrade at OLB.  We have no outside pass rush haven't had any at all since Abraham.  Smith is worth the risk.

So then why mention Wilkerson at all? One has nothing to do with the other, and there's even less  chance they let Wilkerson go to make room on the roster somehow for a guy like Aldon Smith.

Just now, SenorGato said:

So then why mention Wilkerson at all? One has nothing to do with the other, and there's even less  chance they let Wilkerson go to make room on the roster somehow for a guy like Aldon Smith.

Because we don't have to cut the entire roster to sign Smith but we do to resign Willerson.

15 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

His suspension is over by week 10.  He's better than Wilkerson at a fraction of the cost and we already have guys on the d-line who can develop into what Wilk was if given the chance.

Greg Hardy, Ray Rice and Pacman Jones are all worse and none ever got a so called death penalty.

0% chance and Rice was never picked up again, Hardy soon to be cut by Pokes 

I like Mo, but when you dissect the numbers he overpowered bad Olines, and disappeared too much for a massive contract. Leo the Lion will be the same player with experience at a fraction of the cost. Mo had 12 sacks, 3 were against the Titans in a blowout.  Some people here compare him to Richard Seymour? Really? I guarantee you that Seymour knocked down 3 times the passes that Mo has deflected. That stat is very underrated & gets you off the field on 3rd downs.

Jets should sign Snacks, trade Mo, take a flyer on a player with some issues that can rush the passer, sign a FA LB like Trevathon (Broncos cant keep him after sign Miller).  Draft a stud LB, Oline, RB.

Instantly would upgrade the speed on defense. You'd have Mauldin, Trevathon, Stud Rookie, Harris, Henderson, Reilly. That's a good group of Linebackers with youth & experience. 2 years ago, Coples took Mos place after injury & he wasn't missed, Mo is good but he's not a GAME CHANGER  & giving him a huge contract will be a big mistake.

22 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I like Mo, but when you dissect the numbers he overpowered bad Olines, and disappeared too much for a massive contract.

Yeah, still a totally made up thing. I garaunteee the numbers haven't been dissected in any meaningful way. Fascinating the people that say this go on to promote paying a guy who sat 50% of the time over the past two years. Start off with something made up and then don't even stick to the logic....Its  so blatant, yet common and accepted. I don't understand.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, still a totally made up thing. I garaunteee the numbers haven't been dissected in any meaningful way. Fascinating the people that say this go on to promote paying a guy who sat 50% of the time over the past two years. Start off with something made up and then don't even stick to the logic....How is it possible that I'm the only one who notices how blatant this is?

What do you mean Blatant? So he had 3 sacks against one of the worst teams in the league? Played well vs a Patriots team without Edelman & Amandola vs a bunch of backup Olineman. His best game was home vs Buffalo & we still lost. No one on this board is saying Mo is a bad football player, what we're saying is that Leo will do the same job for way less money. You only need to look at the Rams & their badazz Dline to see that you can't go down that path. We have to find a QB, and if it takes trading Mo then so be it. Like others have said here, Aldon Smith is a better "pass rusher" than Mo, yea he's a f*cking idiot but just because Mo is a good soldier we can't ruin our cap with a guy that's "better than average". Last night you saw a guy that deserves the big bucks in Von Miller! Single handedly changed the AFCG & the Super Bowl!

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What do you mean Blatant? So he had 3 sacks against one of the worst teams in the league? Played well vs a Patriots team without Edelman & Amandola vs a bunch of backup Olineman. His best game was home vs Buffalo & we still lost. No one on this board is saying Mo is a bad football player, what we're saying is that Leo will do the same job for way less money. You only need to look at the Rams & their badazz Dline to see that you can't go down that path. We have to find a QB, and if it takes trading Mo then so be it. Like others have said here, Aldon Smith is a better "pass rusher" than Mo, yea he's a f*cking idiot but just because Mo is a good soldier we can't ruin our cap with a guy that's "better than average". Last night you saw a guy that deserves the big bucks in Von Miller! Single handedly changed the AFCG & the Super Bowl!

Blatant as in openly misleading and outright false. If you want to do this to Wilkerson and not every single defender in the league- then you're only presenting even the tiniest bit of available information and offering next to nothing in insight. Von Miller just beat up on some guy named Mike Remmers and Michael Oher, one of the worst consistent starting Ts of the decade, what is so special about doing that? The stage? How come those count, unquestioned full credit, and Wilkerson's numbers get to be picked and chosen as to what counts and what doesn't?

I'm not saying you're saying Wilkerson is a bad player. I am saying you just made that stuff, have arbitrary standards for what counts and what doesn't, couldn't even stick to your arbitrary criteria through the whole post - if you look at Harrison's snap numbers the past two years he literally disappears half the time since the coaches don't even want him on the field, and only point to one number - sacks, a stat that is less important than most here like to imagine anyway - as "the numbers." All of that stuff should be obvious if anyone blurting it out or reading it just took a couple seconds to think it through, hence my labeling it blatant. I am confused as to how this thought process is so common and accepted this offseason, it just seems lazy.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

oh no's!  You sneaky devil.  you didn't do this, did you? Quite a way to ruin a thread.  Retribution will be had!

Awwwww shiiiit, looks like Mariano Rivera is in the game. This board's about to be laden with some scientific opinion about what the eye feels in the gut.

47 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Blatant as in openly misleading and outright false. If you want to do this to Wilkerson and not every single defender in the league- then you're only presenting even the tiniest bit of available information and offering next to nothing in insight. Von Miller just beat up on some guy named Mike Remmers and Michael Oher, one of the worst consistent starting Ts of the decade, what is so special about doing that? The stage? How come those count, unquestioned full credit, and Wilkerson's numbers get to be picked and chosen as to what counts and what doesn't?

I'm not saying you're saying Wilkerson is a bad player. I am saying you just made that stuff, have arbitrary standards for what counts and what doesn't, couldn't even stick to your arbitrary criteria through the whole post - if you look at Harrison's snap numbers the past two years he literally disappears half the time since the coaches don't even want him on the field, and only point to one number - sacks, a stat that is less important than most here like to imagine anyway - as "the numbers." All of that stuff should be obvious if anyone blurting it out or reading it just took a couple seconds to think it through, hence my labeling it blatant. I am confused as to how this thought process is so common and accepted this offseason, it just seems lazy.

Ah, just a bunch of BS. I watched every second of every game! Mo played with the #1 ranked nose tackle in the league "statistically", a consensus top Rookie defensive player in Leonard Williams. Just my opinion, if the Jets make Mo Wilk a top 5 paid defensive player in the league, it's a mistake. Why? Because he's not even top 15.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ah, just a bunch of BS.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to tell you. It sucks that passes for logic here and is, seemingly, common thought among Jets fans. It's sad that a fanbase that has so little to celebrate sells a player like Wilkerson so short for such a nonsensical, misguided at best thought process. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, but people seem to genuinely buy that BS.

I heard Wilkerson is demanding top player in the world money. Rumor I'm just making up is that he wants $1 BILLION dollars. I can confirm that I believe he was holding and petting a cat at the time, menacingly. If Mo wants the latest imagined price, then the Jets should give him up so that they can draft a center to replace Mangold next year and have a shot at a QB and LB. My thinking is that QBs and LBs have been so scared of Mo's demands that they won't show up unless the Jets save Woody's money for The Future.

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

aldon smith is a 0% chance probabilty,  Not even sure he is able to play next yr, and he is 1 strike from getting death penalty. 

If Aldon smith stays out of trouble( no sure thing) there is a zero chance he signs with the Jets    or any team that isn't in the Bay Area. ( his support network there). There is 99.9999999999% chance if he is reinstated he will be back with the Raiders.( both were extremely happy with each other- Aldon Smith enjoyed his time with the Raiders.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

If Aldon smith stays out of trouble( no sure thing) there is a zero chance he signs with the Jets    or any team that isn't in the Bay Area. ( his support network there). There is 99.9999999999% chance if he is reinstated he will be back with the Raiders.( both were extremely happy with each other- Aldon Smith enjoyed his time with the Raiders.

Why do you act like Smith's entire friends and family are in the Bay Area?  He's born and raised in Missouri and played college in Missouri 

If anything getting out of the Bay Area would save Aldon Smith's career because he could get away from whatever bs entourage he accumulated while in Frisco.

3 hours ago, afosomf said:

0% chance and Rice was never picked up again, Hardy soon to be cut by Pokes 

Rice was never picked up because he was no longer good on the field not because he sucker punched his crazy gf

if this was Ray Rice from 6 years ago he would be on a NFL roster this moment

3 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Stopping the run...  ours is better.

Rushing the QB......  Denver.

No.  The Jets do not have any pass rushers in the line backing corp.  None.  Richardson, Williams and Wilkerson are constantly taking double teams because the offensive line does not have to worry about where Pace is, or Davis, or Harris, or an out of position Coples/Richardson.  Mauldin may become something, but he is not game planned against as of now.  

7 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Rushing the QB......  Denver.

It's not even close, notwithstanding our having that "HOF track" DE, even when he doesn't disappear for long stretches.  Our older, slower OLBs don't help either. 

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Joe Namath tweeted that if Von Miller is healthy, and if the Broncos don't want him, the Jets should give him a look.

After this playoff run he had, why wouldn't the Broncos want him? 

Archived