Could you imagine...

BowlesMovement

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, not even close. Fitzptrick was bad agains the Bills, he is a journeyman QB making backup money. Cam was AWFUL, missing wide receivers all over the place, no awareness of a pass rush that was dominating him, whining and complaining, fumbled 2 times leading to TD's, he was as bad as a QB can be.

Cam was as bad as bad gets agree.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, he had 2 really bad overthrows, and the interception was terrible too.  The Bronco D had a similar impact it had on Brady 2 weeks prior.  There's no way around it:  Cam had a lousy game.  It happens.

But also remember there WERE some key drops by Panther receivers, which had been happening all season for the Panthers (but was mostly ignored because they were so good at running the ball).  When Kelvin Benjamin returns next year perhaps those types of things will be a lot less likely.  I'm not quite ready to say that Cam is this super overrated QB just yet.  Maybe he hasn't earned the privilege of being the "face of the NFL" like he's already getting labeled, but he's still very clearly a QB who will be one of the top guys in the game every year he's in the league, and I imagine he'll get another chance at a ring fairly soon.

Remember my "WTF Panthers" sign a veteran WR rant?  It wasnt necessary the entire season but it showed last night.  They couldnt get open to save their lives.  They could have used an option out there that had the ability to create some separation.  

There is nothing overrated about Cam.  He's the most dangerous weapon in the NFL.  He just faced an all-time pass rush,, with a loaded secondary, playing their best ball in the playoffs.  Cant knock him for it, they made Brady looks like a pussy and baffled Big Ben's potent offense.  Hell, Manning looked awful last night too.

Defense wins championships.  I know everyone thinks its all about offense but its not.  You need the QB, thats a duh...bu at the end of the day, you have to make a stop. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Remember my "WTF Panthers" sign a veteran WR rant?  It wasnt necessary the entire season but it showed last night.  They couldnt get open to save their lives.  They could have used an option out there that had the ability to create some separation.  

There is nothing overrated about Cam.  He's the most dangerous weapon in the NFL.  He just faced an all-time pass rush,, with a loaded secondary, playing their best ball in the playoffs.  Cant knock him for it, they made Brady looks like a pussy and baffled Big Ben's potent offense.  Hell, Manning looked awful last night too.

Defense wins championships.  I know everyone thinks its all about offense but its not.  You need the QB, thats a duh...bu at the end of the day, you have to make a stop. 

If you can't get consistently great QB play, your next best bet is most certainly having the ability to STOP the pass.  There are so many bad defenses out there that when you have one who can cover WR's and get to the QB, it's almost shocking.

Von Miller is about to get a sh*t-ton of money, either from Denver or some desperate team out there.  He might get more than JJ Watt money if he hits the open market.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed. However, here in Charlotte, lots of talk about how CAM faced the media after the loss.  I havent seen much but he is being called out for not being a 

good loser.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you can't get consistently great QB play, your next best bet is most certainly having the ability to STOP the pass.  There are so many bad defenses out there that when you have one who can cover WR's and get to the QB, it's almost shocking.

Von Miller is about to get a sh*t-ton of money, either from Denver or some desperate team out there.  He might get more than JJ Watt money if he hits the open market.

Was just talking about that this morning....90mil+???

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed. However, here in Charlotte, lots of talk about how CAM faced the media after the loss.  I havent seen much but he is being called out for not being a 

good loser.

Meh, the media is stupid as ****.  Who cares.  He just lost the SB.  I wouldnt be all, happy go lucky either. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, the media is stupid as ****.  Who cares.  He just lost the SB.  I wouldnt be all, happy go lucky either. 

A leader of a team stands up & faces the music.

talking to the press after games , win or loss, is part of the job description for NFL QB's

If Cam want to be a petulant, whiny, little b*tch when things don't go his way then go do another job

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im listening now on ESPN.  While he could have handled it better, they somewhat "baited him".

he needs to grow up some more but he has done a good job all year.

"Cam, hows it feel to chocke"??   Thats a dick question.

That is a dick question.  They certainly should have asked him "Is it true, Superman is a coward?" or perhaps a little more tactful "As a leader, why should your teammates make every effort to put their bodies on the line if you aren't willing?"

2 hours ago, hawk said:

That is a dick question.  They certainly should have asked him "Is it true, Superman is a coward?" or perhaps a little more tactful "As a leader, why should your teammates make every effort to put their bodies on the line if you aren't willing?"

Exactly, they only asked that question after he started his bullsh*t 

2 hours ago, ljr said:

A leader of a team stands up & faces the music.

talking to the press after games , win or loss, is part of the job description for NFL QB's

If Cam want to be a petulant, whiny, little b*tch when things don't go his way then go do another job

Meh, I like that he shows true passion and emotion and that he's not some stupid from script completely fake portrayal of what the media wants him and every other QB to be.  He was pissed, didnt want to be there and the questions were absolutely stupid.  

He lost the biggest game of his life and he didnt feel like answering questions about it.  More power to him.  The media are a bunch of assholes and will tear him down any chance they get.

4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, not even close. Fitzptrick was bad agains the Bills, he is a journeyman QB making backup money. Cam was AWFUL, missing wide receivers all over the place, no awareness of a pass rush that was dominating him, whining and complaining, fumbled 2 times leading to TD's, he was as bad as a QB can be.

Point is I know what it is like if it happened to the Jets

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Part of being a professional and basically an adult in general is doing things you don't want but have to do

Sure.  But honestly, who cares?  He was pissed and didnt want to be there.  Besides, this is more fun than if he delivered your basic run of the mill "acceptable" press conference.

I have never ever liked this post game pressers for coaches and player immediately after games thing.  (And even an hour is immediate in my books.)  It's what gets you meltdowns by people under sever pressure.  (McCrae, Denny Green etc) I'm not a huge Cam supporter but I don't think he deserved to be too blasted over the post game presser.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I have never ever liked this post game pressers for coaches and player immediately after games thing.  (And even an hour is immediate in my books.)  It's what gets you meltdowns by people under sever pressure.  (McCrae, Denny Green etc) I'm not a huge Cam supporter but I don't think he deserved to be too blasted over the post game presser.

I agree, not overly concerned about the post game presser, but the guy acts like an ass on the sidelines, and draws attention to himself. When you draw attention to yourself, your going to get it, good or bad. And his play last night gave him plenty to be blasted over. His accuracy was awful. There were some really big plays with WR's WIDE open that he badly missed on.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Sure.  But honestly, who cares?  He was pissed and didnt want to be there.  Besides, this is more fun than if he delivered your basic run of the mill "acceptable" press conference.

I get your point but still unprofessional and when you talk big you crash big see Rex 

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

good loser.

If my QB's biggest problem is he's a bad loser, I'm ok with that.

21 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

for sure, but last night, that was far from Cams biggest problem.

You're right, because last night his biggest problem was that the lack of offensive talent around him finally caught up to the team and he could no longer compensate for Ted Ginn and Cotchery's stone hands.

I loved Cotch but he was awful last night and a huge reason they lost that game.  Ginn had a huge grab hit him right in the hands and tipped into TJ Ward(?)

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In a interview I saw pre game he was talking about how the NFL has never seen a player with his ability he can't be compared to anyone..:rolleyes: Not true a sore loser that acts like a baby is a good comparison..

I would love to see that interview and have proper context because I'd be willing to guarantee that isn't what he said.

18 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

If a Jets QB played as bad in a big game as Cam did?

He was absolutely AWFUL in every way.

Jets fans would castrate him.

Oh, and he is so overrated

can I imagine if the Jets make the superbowl, the QB sucks and they lose and the fans are pissed ?

is there really any other outcome ?

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You're right, because last night his biggest problem was that the lack of offensive talent around him finally caught up to the team and he could no longer compensate for Ted Ginn and Cotchery's stone hands.

I loved Cotch but he was awful last night and a huge reason they lost that game.  Ginn had a huge grab hit him right in the hands and tipped into TJ Ward(?)

He was missing wide open receivers by a LOT, holding the ball way too long. He played terribly last night. Olsen is probably the 2nd best TE in the league, and they don't have great Wide outs, but they are not terrible either.

12 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

He was missing wide open receivers by a LOT, holding the ball way too long. He played terribly last night. Olsen is probably the 2nd best TE in the league, and they don't have great Wide outs, but they are not terrible either.

He missed maybe 3 passes that were open. The rest of the game they were absolutely blanketed.

Greg Olsen is not the second best TE in the league. He is a very good player on a team that little to no options. I like him a lot, dont get me wrong, but he can be neutralized easily by a solid defense. 

When Ted Ginn and Cotchery, especially Cotchery given his age, are your top two targets, you have terrible Wide Recievers. The upset shouldn't really have been that shocking.  Carolina's defense has been vulnerable all year and Denvers defense has neutralized far better offenses. The only way the Panthers were winning this game was Cam going absolutely nuts on the best defense in the league all by himself, or Peyton Manning literally throwing it away. Unfortunately Carolina's offensive weaknesses caught up to them and Cam began pressing. It's honestly not unheard of.  He looked like a guy who was forced to try too much last night.

26 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In a interview I saw pre game he was talking about how the NFL has never seen a player with his ability he can't be compared to anyone..:rolleyes: Not true a sore loser that acts like a baby is a good comparison..

Immature.   Very.

They also got a little bad luck.  A running team, their #1 gets dinged in a pile up, and their #2 fumbles twice. 

And.... for the first time probably ever, Cam got the crap knocked out of him.  Sacks, hits, knock downs. 

58 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

In this thread: People pretend they don't want the reigning NFL MVP, who accounted for 40+ TDs while essentially throwing to no one and being the only offensive superstar on his team.

Nice.

Yea I noticed that as well...

It is the Cam sucks but lets run and resign Fitz Magic that truly makes me laugh!!!

When Cotch is your second best player on offense, a guy the Jets literally let walk over five years ago, you know you don't have much on offense.

Jets fans are a little off!!

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea I noticed that as well...

It is the Cam sucks but lets run and resign Fitz Magic that truly makes me laugh!!!

When Cotch is your second best player on offense, a guy the Jets literally let walk over five years ago, you know you don't have much on offense.

Jets fans are a little off!!

My last memory of Cotch was a double digit drop season (not positive but I do believe it was a lot) and I didn't see much of a difference last night. Love the guy but he should never be a feature WR at this stage of his career. 

Also Von Miller is filthy. The guy single handedly won them the last two games.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder what the Bengals think about Andy Dalton  after he messed up his hand and blew up their season .

Throwing an interception and then THROWING YOUR BODY to try and make a tackle is the same thing as fumbling and RETREATING from trying to get it back?

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Throwing an interception and then THROWING YOUR BODY to try and make a tackle is the same thing as fumbling and retreating from trying to get it back?

Forest                                                                            trees                                                                

Archived