Guns, Hunting and other Outdoor stuff.

New York Mick

Who has and does what. What's your daily carry, hunting sidearm, what do you use for hunting, any cartridge you really like, etc etc.

It's offseason, too early for draft talk and I'm bored at work. 

Daily carry - Springfield 45 xdm, best pistol I've owned 

Hunting sidearm - Taurus snub nose 454 Casull or Glock 20 10mm

Hog and Deer in the swamp or heavy brush - Marlin 336 3030. In open areas Savage Hog 11 338  

Turkey - Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 gauge  

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Who has and does what. What's your daily carry, hunting sidearm, what do you use for hunting, any cartridge you really like, etc etc.

It's offseason, too early for draft talk and I'm bored at work. 

Daily carry - Springfield 45 xdm, best pistol I've owned 

Hunting sidearm - Taurus snub nose 454 Casull or Glock 20 10mm

Hog and Deer in the swamp or heavy brush - Marlin 336 3030. In open areas Savage Hog 11 338  

Turkey - Remington 887 Nitro Mag 12 gauge  

I dont hunt ( I did  years ago) but I have taken up guns ...  I have a conceal permit.

I own a Glock17 (9mm), S and W Body Guard and M and P Shield 9MM.

I carry the Body Guard or Shield with me most of the time.

I have a 12-gauge and a revolver in the house; neither is anything special but they'll get the job done if groups of zombies or Patriots fans come to the door. I'm not really a hunter but I target shoot every now and then. I would like to get a CC at some point in the future just for the hell of it. 

I got a couple of lower-end compound bows for my kids within the past year. Those are a lot of fun. I also picked up a vintage Fox Fire crossbow at an auction over the summer. It's really cool but the cable on it snapped when I was shooting it and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet (and I don't really know how to put a new one on anyway). 

right now my carry is a lil double tap 2 shot 9mm

also have a ww2 nazi luger

springfield 45

s and w hammerless snub (my old carry)

s and w model 10 38

springfield xd9

nazi ww2 mauser

interarms model x 3006

ak47

love to own any of the big bore micro carry pistols like a warthog and looking to get a NAA guardian 380. what a nice piece

19 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The love for my children is the only thing that would outweigh my delight for a real life apocalypse due to my genuine dislike for the general human population...generally speaking.

I'm not far off but would prefer a long range rifle like a 338 lapua. I got a 338 win mag instead. It's not on the same level as a lapua but again it's way cheaper. 

One of these days

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, HighPitch said:

springfield 45

s and w model 10 38

springfield xd9

nazi ww2 mauser

interarms model x 3006

ak47

love to own any of the big bore micro carry pistols like a warthog and looking to get a NAA guardian 380. what a nice piece

At the moment I have SW 9mm & 40 cal, Springfield 45, Glock 10mm and Taurus 454 Casull. Mossberg AR 22 ( garbage), savage 22-250, SW AR 5.56, Marlin 3030, Remington 308, Savage 338 winmag and 2 Remington 887s nitro mags, 18.5  tactical and turkey. 

The bolt actions are fitted with Leupold scopes and the ARs red dots. 

I still have a list of stuff I want to get. 
45-70 govt
Glock 40 10mm I have the 20
Mini 30
Keltec 12 gauge 
SW 686 357
McMillan 338 lapua 
Ruger 10/22
Another AR 223M

Saiga drum 12 gauge

Remington versa Max 

And a few more. 

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

springfield 45

s and w model 10 38

springfield xd9

nazi ww2 mauser

interarms model x 3006

ak47

You in law enforcement?   Where I live in NC, guns are popular but not in NY if my memory serves me.

20 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Crossbows are great. I have a Barnett Raptor. I'll be using it for hog hunting this year. 

What's it cost to get the string/cable replaced on one? I imagine I probably can't do it myself, right? 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

What's it cost to get the string/cable replaced on one? I imagine I probably can't do it myself, right? 

Guessing because I have no idea what crossbow you have. Less then $50 and yes but I personally wouldn't. I like taking stuff that can kill to a professional to fix, replace, etc. 

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Fully auto weapons are only legal with the right license and tax stamp. That shotgun has a slide/bump stock on it. Which at the moment is legal. I have one on my 5.56. 

He can get a semi auto uzi. But really, why would you want one? Its a one trick pony, imo

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Guessing because I have no idea what crossbow you have. Less then $50 and yes but I personally wouldn't. I like taking stuff that can kill to a professional to fix, replace, etc. 

yea and never ever dry fire any bow. Without a load u risk putting a crack into the glass and future failure that can be painful

I hunt and fish. I mostly deer hunt both bow and gun but I like bird hunting. I mostly saltwater fish in the sound. I do a couple big tuna trips off Montauk annually. I hunt and fish for food not for sport if I got to choose my last meal it would be Elk or back straps on deer. with all the fishing I've done (and its a lot ). I never went fly fishing but I bought a combo rod and reel last month and going to try it this year. CT guns laws suck big time they do nothing for the crime rate the one good thing in CT is the hunting laws 

I don't hunt but I do fish. It was nice being able to fish well into December this year with it being so warm out.

I don't do anything fancy, just my canoe on my home lake. I prefer the smaller waters, if you're persistent enough you can treat any small lake or pond as a large one. Maybe some day I'll get a modest rig, but I can't be bothered with the hassles of trailering and boat launching anymore.

Archived