TuscanyTile2

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Let's look at the HCs, shall we?

Bill Belichick with Tom Brady:

172-51, 77%

Bill Belichick without Tom Brady:

51-62, , 45%

-32%

Jim Mora, Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, John Fox, Gary Kubiak with Peyton Manning(2 HCs fired w/ Manning, none w/ Brady):

186-79, 70%

Jim Mora, Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, John Fox, Gary Kubiak without Peyton Manning:

315-297, 51%

-19%

Brady wins again

You're using some fuzzy logic. Everyone knows it's a huge advantage for to be in the same system, on the same team with the same Head Coach. Plus, Manning brought Jim Caldwell to a Super Bowl.  

Manning wins this one too. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You're using some fuzzy logic. Everyone knows it's a huge advantage for to be in the same system, on the same team with the same Head Coach. Plus, Manning brought Jim Caldwell to a Super Bowl.  

Manning wins this one too. 

if Peyton was winning he wouldn't have been responsible for 2 coaches getting fired.  When Brady took over BB was on the hot seat, Brady saved BB's job while Peyton cost 2 men their HC jobs.

was that the same SB he threw a game ending INT for TD?  Jim Caldwell did make the playoffs w/ another team and his win % w/o Manning is very similar to BB's win % w/o Brady(and Caldwells win % is affected by Indy tanking in 2011).

yet again it's Brady

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if Peyton was winning he wouldn't have been responsible for 2 coaches getting fired.  When Brady took over BB was on the hot seat, Brady saved BB's job while Peyton cost 2 men their HC jobs.

was that the same SB he threw a game ending INT for TD?  Jim Caldwell did make the playoffs w/ another team and his win % w/o Manning is very similar to BB's win % w/o Brady(and Caldwells win % is affected by Indy tanking in 2011).

yet again it's Brady

You just compared Jim Caldwell to Bill Belichick...disqualification. 

1 minute ago, GenoandtheJets said:

The Jets need that from Fitzpatrick next season. They came so damn close to the playoffs. I sincerely hope #14 has another over achieving statistical year.

that is a lot to ask for, I will take lesser #s as long as he can help get us over the playoff hump.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's such an honor to have fans follow me, this is the 4th board you have followed me to.  thank you Ben!

I believe I have been here longer than you have, and don't flatter yourself...no one follows you.

But you are right about 4 sights...at least I'm not perma banded from 2 of them like you are.

9 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

I believe I have been here longer than you have, and don't flatter yourself...no one follows you.

But you are right about 4 sights...at least I'm not perma banded from 2 of them like you are.

you follow me, stop pretending you don't.  the majority of your posts are either toward me or about me.

do you get anything right?

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can't believe I missed this, thanks for tagging me man.  I can't believe some of the complete bullsh*t being said in this thread!

Chad was totally great, but unfortunately the dumbasses running this team at the time made it literally impossible for him to be as great as he could be.  The moment anyone he had to work with seemed to be getting any good, they'd just get rid of them.  Oh, Coles just had a breakout season?  Yeah, let's get rid of him!  Oh, now it's Moss' turn, too.  Yeah, let's fill them in with crap like Curtis Conway and Just McCareins.  Can't believe that didn't work out, huh?

People want to talk crap about him getting hurt, like that's somehow in any way his fault, but all that did is prove his greatness.  What did the Jets ever do without Chad in those years?  Um... NOTHING!  They kept trying to bring other guys in, but they all showed how much the rest of that Jets team sucked ass without Pennington.  He carried all of their asses all of the time.  Maybe if he was given the tiniest bit of help out there, it could have been a little bit different.  There's all the talk about how Brady and the Pats always win the AFCE, but I have a question for you... who else has done it during that time?  Oh wait, that's right... PENNINGTON!  It was even on two different teams in the division, which proves it was ALL HIM.  It didn't matter that he never had any help, he was the only guy in the league who could step up against a cheater that had way more on his side.  It's pretty much impossible for one guy to do it all by himself, but Pennington got closer than anyone else ever could.  Hell, even with crap receivers he had the highest completion percentage of everyone, that just proves how ridiculously great he was at his job.  Just imagine if it wasn't a bunch of crap who wasn't constantly dropping balls?  It's just such a damn shame that talent that amazing was just pissed away for his entire career.  That's why we have no idea how long it will take for the Jets to ever be legit again, because with how rare top level QB talent is in the NFL, who knows when, or if, they'll ever get anywhere close to that again.

Ummmmmmm this 1000%

Thus why I have always said that the prior Jets' FO had no organizational plan.  IMO acquiring a good player via trade while gutting key components of the team is NOT a good plan!!

The idea that they, the Jets, planned to get to an AFC Championship game with Sanchez at the helm is and was preposterous.  The facts were that NO ONE in NFL HISTORY had gone as far as Sanchez did based upon his high level of inexperience, EVER!!!

Folks say well look at the results (i.e. two back to back Championship Game appearances) as if that is the key arbitrator of whether or not it was a good organizational decision. 

It's like having a blind man conduct brain surgery and then saying it was a good idea cause the patient didn't die. :) 

NO!!!

It was a poor decision around which you got lucky cause the Defense was so nice.

I'll never forget that season ('02?) when Pennington took over for Testaverde at 1-4. Besides the 3 AFC championships games, that was the best I've ever felt about the Jets. No, maybe the best I've ever felt actually, because it's the only time in my life I thought they actually struck gold with a young QB. So much hope and optimism. Even during Sanchez's back to back AFC Championships I never felt even half as good about him, as I did about Pennington pre-shoulder injury.

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

I'll never forget that season ('02?) when Pennington took over for Testaverde at 1-4. Besides the 3 AFC championships games, that was the best I've ever felt about the Jets. No, maybe the best I've ever felt actually, because it's the only time in my life I thought they actually struck gold with a young QB. So much hope and optimism. Even during Sanchez's back to back AFC Championships I never felt even half as good about him, as I did about Pennington pre-shoulder injury.

you felt good about Pennington in 03 when he stunk? 

And I was watching and thinking how the **** is he completing all these rainbows, like Ashton Kutcher was going to jump out at any minute and  say haha stupid jests fans,  ya'll being punked the defenses has been letting the androgynous looking QB with a female arm complete all these passes.

i guess that kinda did happen in Oakland later that year  when a D finally made it obvious how physically over matched she was 

And I was watching and thinking how the **** is he completing all these rainbows, like Ashton Kutcher was going to jump out at any minute and  say haha stupid jests fans,  ya'll being punked the defenses has been letting the androgynous looking QB with a female arm complete all these passes.

i guess that kinda did happen in Oakland later that year  when a D finally made it obvious how physically over matched she was 

PennyBoy > Brady

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Hey was a young Joe Montana.  Too bad the Jets failed him.  Oh, what could have been.  Surprised he's not a HC or at least an OC by now.

20 hours ago, gEYno said:

24. 2 time CBPOY: Chad Pennington

25. 4 time road playoff winner: Mark Sanchez

26. Back to back AFC Championship Participant: Mark Sanchez

27. Completion Percentage: Chad Pennington

28. Individual stats-padding for personal gain: Chad Pennington

29. Swindled the NFL the longest: Chad Pennington

Just now, jetrider said:

28. Individual stats-padding for personal gain: Chad Pennington

29. Swindled the NFL the longest: Chad Pennington

30. Gave everything he had for the team, thanklessly: Chad Pennington

31. Switched teams within the division and shoved it in our stupid faces: Chad Pennington

32. Rhodes Scholar: Chad Pennington

47 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Hey was a young Joe Montana.  Too bad the Jets failed him.  Oh, what could have been.  Surprised he's not a HC or at least an OC by now.

Give Chad a guy like Rice and have Montana throwing to Becht, and instead we'd be talking about how Montana was just a poor man's Pennington.

Every time I see Chad doing any interviews or things for the Jets, I still can't believe he's not on the coaching staff.  At bare minimum, give him the QB coach job, and he can craft Petty into something the Jets haven't had since they idiotically tossed him aside.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Of course you are ...

16 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Give Chad a guy like Rice and have Montana throwing to Becht, and instead we'd be talking about how Montana was just a poor man's Pennington.

Every time I see Chad doing any interviews or things for the Jets, I still can't believe he's not on the coaching staff.  At bare minimum, give him the QB coach job, and he can craft Petty into something the Jets haven't had since they idiotically tossed him aside.

1. How can CP throw to Rice in a shoulder sling or plaster cast? Besides, Chad's soap bubble flutter balls would've ended Rice's career ... after making Rice a poor man's Becht.

2. You Chad lovers just don't get it. Everything CP did was money motivated. Why would he want a low-paying low-reward job after raking millions?

11 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Of course you are ...

1. How can CP throw to Rice in a shoulder sling or plaster cast? Besides, Chad's soap bubble flutter balls would've ended Rice's career ... after making Rice a poor man's Becht.

2. You Chad lovers just don't get it. Everything CP did was money motivated. Why would he want a low-paying low-reward job after raking millions?

Chad made everyone around him better players for his entire career, but let's pretend like somehow if he ever had a single player to throw to worth a damn they'd somehow be worse.  Totally makes sense.

I don't even know what you're talking about with that coaching stuff.  Do you even watch all the awesome videos he does for the Jets breaking down plays and stuff?  At this point he's basically already doing the job for free.  But yeah, don't let that little reality get in the way of the hate.  It's like there's some sort of ridiculous anti-Chad militia with some folks around here.

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Chad made everyone around him better players for his entire career, but let's pretend like somehow if he ever had a single player to throw to worth a damn they'd somehow be worse.  Totally makes sense.

I don't even know what you're talking about with that coaching stuff.  Do you even watch all the awesome videos he does for the Jets breaking down plays and stuff?  At this point he's basically already doing the job for free.  But yeah, don't let that little reality get in the way of the hate.  It's like there's some sort of ridiculous anti-Chad militia with some folks around here.

1. Coles and Chrebet were better WRs than Chad was a QB.

2. Reality is, offering insight as a side-gig on his own time and terms is different than working for someone as a full-time job.

33 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Of course you are ...

It's almost as if Chad Pennington is the first NFL football player to be interested in making money.

Meanwhile, I'm still watching TV looking for a commercial that Peyton Manning isn't in.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

It's almost as if Chad Pennington is the first NFL football player to be interested in making money.

Meanwhile, I'm still watching TV looking for a commercial that Peyton Manning isn't in.

True, but that's what Chad was the most shrewd at. He sure couldn't figure out how to improve his throwing after countless attempts and promises.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

And that's why he kept coming back... Because, in the warrior code, there is no surrender.

Also, that's the 2nd Stallone reference of the thread.

////wants to post a video of Chad the warrior dancing to Eminem but cant figure out how to on the new board. 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm talking mostly about '02 when he took over for Vinny. Pretty sure he was already hurt before the '03 season even started and tried to play through the hand set back midway through. '04 they were 5-0 then he blew his rotator and that was it. Yeah man, I was in love in '02. I literally thought he was gonna be the guy who brought them a few Super Bowls. It was the most excited I'd ever been as a Jet fan. And then there was that brief moment in time in the beginning of '04.  You can talk sh*t all you want, he never had a cannon but the rainbows only really started after the rotator cuff went. I never felt anything like that with Sanchez whom I basically sat on the 'hopeful' fence with the first three years.  

Archived