Houston is the goal

Maxman

I think 51 is one year premature. I do believe next year will be sort of a reality check from the teams we played last year, have a similar record and maybe actually sneak into the playoffs, maybe make a run - maybe one and done. I think in two years, assuming we have a qb, will be when we are most complete as a team, and competent quarterbacking can lead us there. Positive future regardless!

I think 51 is one year premature. I do believe next year will be sort of a reality check from the teams we played last year, have a similar record and maybe actually sneak into the playoffs, maybe make a run - maybe one and done. I think in two years, assuming we have a qb, will be when we are most complete as a team, and competent quarterbacking can lead us there. Positive future regardless!

We are old.

With each passing year, there will be less and less of a chance without a serious injection of young talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Next year is the year.

Just now, The Troll said:

We are old.

With each passing year, there will be less and less of a chance without a serious injection of young talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, I think there will be a substantial roster turnover between this offseason and the next

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Super Bowl 51 on February 5th --- 2017 --- that is the goal. The Jets need to win the Super Bowl. Bring back Fitzpatrick, get an edge rusher and fix the running game.

Then let's go and get this done!

The best part is, if they dont, then Super Bowl 52, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we have the record to get into the playoffs next year then we absolutely have a legit shot at the SB. We have seven games against playoff caliber teams (NE x2, CIN, PIT, KC, SEA, ARI) plus the two BUF games that could kill us again and IND and BAL who could rally next year or return as garbage in 2016. The probability is high that if we get into the playoffs we'll be joined by NE, CIN, PIT and KC (and DEN). If we don't play well against those teams in the regular season we'll be a one and done in the playoffs, assuming we even get anywhere near the wildcard with that many losses. We have our work cut out for us next year.

This team is ready to make that jump. Once Bowles and Co. got their systems fully in place and rolling the Jets looked like an elite team as we reached the post season.

It didn't work but we have something special here. I can't wait to get this season started.

1) Fix the inside linebacker group to add speed

2) Get a legit edge rusher/defender

3) Add a playmaking RB who can also catch

4) Get some good special teamers

Do the above, and this is a contender.  They will have to let either Mo or Snacks go, but I think they can overcome it.

27 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

1) Fix the inside linebacker group to add speed

With the 20th pick in the 3rd round, the NYJets select  Deon Jones ILB -  LSU

2) Get a legit edge rusher/defender

With the 20th pick in the 1st round the NYJets select  Noah Spence  OLB - EKU

3) Add a playmaking RB who can also catch

With the 20th pick in the 2nd round, the NYJets select Devontae Booker  RB - Utah

4) Get some good special teamers

With the 20th pick in the 5th round, the NYJets select  Kenyon Drake RB - Bama

Do the above, and this is a contender.  They will have to let either Mo or Snacks go, but I think they can overcome it.

1 starting OLB

1 starting ILB

1 starting RB

1 starting punt and Kick-off  returner.

Increase team speed and athleticism at all positions .

We still have 4th and 7th round picks to use and there's also free agency  .

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

If we have the record to get into the playoffs next year then we absolutely have a legit shot at the SB. We have seven games against playoff caliber teams (NE x2, CIN, PIT, KC, SEA, ARI) plus the two BUF games that could kill us again and IND and BAL who could rally next year or return as garbage in 2016. The probability is high that if we get into the playoffs we'll be joined by NE, CIN, PIT and KC (and DEN). If we don't play well against those teams in the regular season we'll be a one and done in the playoffs, assuming we even get anywhere near the wildcard with that many losses. We have our work cut out for us next year.

The Raiders should be a playoff team in 2016, and beyond.   The Raiders have been irrelevant for too long, it's time for the Raider nation to rise .   Not to sound over confident, but this team is in very strong position heading forward..  This team going to get better and better, as their young talent matures.      The holes on both sides of the ball get smaller and smaller each year.        This year in Fa and the draft should be the final push to get this young team over the hump , and into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Honestly, I will be surprised if the Jets win 8 games next year, everytime Fitzpatrick faces a half decent defense he throws picks like candy, and I believe he has only beat two teams with winning records in his whole career.

Jesus christ next year will suck

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders should be a playoff team in 2016, and beyond.   The Raiders have been irrelevant for too long, it's time for the Raider nation to rise .   Not to sound over confident, but this team is in very strong position heading forward..  This team going to get better and better, as their young talent matures.      The holes on both sides of the ball get smaller and smaller each year.        This year in Fa and the draft should be the final push to get this young team over the hump , and into the playoffs.

Agreed, the raiders have maybe 1 or 2 holes with a ton of cap space, don't sleep on Jacksonville either, they are also 1 or 2 players away.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Super Bowl 51 on February 5th --- 2017 --- that is the goal. The Jets need to win the Super Bowl. Bring back Fitzpatrick, get an edge rusher and fix the running game.

Then let's go and gvery good weapons around him. et this done!

It's much more than just that. They need more weapons for Fitz. Fitz is not a QB you can have less than very good Weapons surrounding him. If you get skimpy with him, you'll get Ryan Fitzpatrick from Buffalo again. They need to resign Bilal Powell. They need a decent RB in front of him. They need a better solution at FB, Bohannon sucks and is mostly a non-factor. They need a TE to give Fitz more options in the passing game. They need a RG or RT, maybe both. We'll need another WR somewhere in the draft. There's a  lot of things that are needed and it's impossible to think the Jets will get all of them in one offseason.

And, YES, they very much need a pass rushing linebacker.

11 hours ago, Mainejet said:

It's much more than just that. They need more weapons for Fitz. Fitz is not a QB you can have less than very good Weapons surrounding him. If you get skimpy with him, you'll get Ryan Fitzpatrick from Buffalo again. They need to resign Bilal Powell. They need a decent RB in front of him. They need a better solution at FB, Bohannon sucks and is mostly a non-factor. They need a TE to give Fitz more options in the passing game. They need a RG or RT, maybe both. We'll need another WR somewhere in the draft. There's a  lot of things that are needed and it's impossible to think the Jets will get all of them in one offseason.

And, YES, they very much need a pass rushing linebacker.

This is written like a guy who has no idea how Gailey's offense works.

17 hours ago, Tinstar said:

1 starting OLB

1 starting ILB

1 starting RB

1 starting punt and Kick-off  returner.

Increase team speed and athleticism at all positions .

We still have 4th and 7th round picks to use and there's also free agency  .

New left tackle

New right guard

New right tackle

yea...it's not happen next year.

We cannot rely on Fitz to recapture the Magic.  He may still have a good year but do you really see him having the same or better numbers?  We need to be able to run the ball like we did in the first part of the season.  Devin Smith could be a weapon if he stays healthy and is able to get in lots of practice with Fitz.  The defense is still in need of an LB and outside pass rush.

I will stick to my mantra that if you are a playoff team then you are a Super Bowl contender because once you are in, anything can happen.  Lets hope we are right there fighting for the divison and wild card spot.  Lets also hope Brady misses some games.

Archived