Broncos are the ultimate example of Championships being won in the offseason

jetscrazey

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

2006 Brady had no run game and his main weapons were reche Caldwell and jabar Gaffney, Brady led his O to 27 points.  If Manning has that team they don't make the playoffs.

2013 Gronk was hurt and the Den D carried them

2015 the den D carried them.

Coming back from 21-6 at the half is not the greatest comeback in postseason history.  That's a 2 score game at the half and the reason they were down 21-6 was b/c Manning threw another pick 6.  He had a great 2nd half that day but that was rare for him in postseason.

Manning was dragged to 2 SB titles, Brady dragged his team to 4 SB teams.

I gave you an up for this post for guts alone!!

You mean you give Brady all kinds of excuses but you never seem to offer any for Peyton. 

It just doesn't seem right or fair.  Why did Brady lose the SB against the Giants when they had probably the greatest team in NFL history going into that game?

Any response is an excuse that doesn't stick to Brady but all losses by Peyton's teams to you are somehow his personal fault when they clearly all are not.  

Just be fair!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

haha, that is a good one.

NE took over at their 17 yard line w/ 1:21 to play and no timeouts w/ a first year starting QB.  He set them up for a very makeable FG but he should have led them to a TD needing only 3 to winsmiley-laughing024.gif

Geno Smith levelsmileyslaughinganimal_duck_lol_100-100.g

In 2012 at HOME in the div rd in a tie game w/ 31 secs and TWO timeouts left, Denver took a knee rather than trust Peyton Manning to get into FG range.  NE trusted a 1st year starter w/ the SB on the line.  Den was wise as Peyton eventually threw away that game against Baltimore despite Denver scoring 2 non offensive TDs.

48 yards is no gimme. Great ones leave no doubt. Great ones score touchdowns. 

Since you clearly don't get it, this is what a great one looks like:

joe-montana-celebrating-touchdown.jpg

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

I gave you an up for this post for guts alone!!

You mean you give Brady all kinds of excuses but you never seem to offer any for Peyton. 

It just doesn't seem right or fair.  Why did Brady lose the SB against the Giants when they had probably the greatest team in NFL history going into that game?

Any response is an excuse that doesn't stick to Brady but all losses by Peyton's teams to you are somehow his personal fault when they clearly all are not.  

Just be fair!!

he played poorly that game against NYG, it happens BUT w/ the game on the line what did he do? led his team 80 yds for the go ahead TD then the D blew it.  In 2011 he didn't have a great game either BUT he left the field late again w/ a lead and the D blew it. 

if this stuff happened to peyton I'd say the same things but in his 2 SB losses he:

-threw a pick 6 to end the game against NO when they were driving for a tying TD

-led his O to 8 pts(in garbage time) vs. Seattle.

I am always fair, some people don't like what I post b/c they don't want me to be fair to a hated div rival and I wish I didn't have to talked realistically about him but I am always fair.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

he played poorly that game against NYG, it happens BUT w/ the game on the line what did he do? led his team 80 yds for the go ahead TD then the D blew it.  In 2011 he didn't have a great game either BUT he left the field late again w/ a lead and the D blew it

if this stuff happened to peyton I'd say the same things but in his 2 SB losses he:

-threw a pick 6 to end the game against NO when they were driving for a tying TD

-led his O to 8 pts(in garbage time) vs. Seattle.

I am always fair, some people don't like what I post b/c they don't want me to be fair to a hated div rival and I wish I didn't have to talked realistically about him but I am always fair.

Are you kidding me? He had led a record setting offense all year. One that was averaging north of 30 points per game and he could only muster 14 against a mediocre defense that finished in the middle of the pack in everything. 

THAT IS A sh*tTY PERFORMANCE THAT COST HIS TEAM A CHAMPIONSHIP. 

This wasn't like Peyton's Broncos getting steam rolled by an exceptional defense like the Seahawks two years ago. This was an alleged all-timer sh*tting the bed against a below average defense on the biggest stage. 

All-timers don't get shut down by mediocre defenses in championship games. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

48 yards is no gimme. Great ones leave no doubt. Great ones score touchdowns. 

Since you clearly don't get it, this is what a great one looks like:

joe-montana-celebrating-touchdown.jpg

he is a great one but you have to take the game situation into account.  SF had 3:20 to play and all their TOs trailing by 3.  slightly different situation than 1:21 w/ no TOs needing only a FG to win. 

Montana is in the discussion w/ Brady, he just wasn't great as long as Brady. 

and by posting this are you saying Manning isn't great since he doesn't have a single last minute winning drive in his 4 SBs? and only one in his entire postseason history

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The gap between us and them, fans and franchise alike, at least prior to this regime, is pretty hilarious. Peyton wanted nothing to do with us and everything to do with them. They realized Tebow was hot garbage and found someone dumb enough willing to give up picks for him in us. They dump a coach with four straight years in the playoffs, including a Super Bowl appearance, and nobody bats an eye while the Jets dump a coach with four straight years of no playoffs and everyone loses their minds. Bizarro worlds.

Your "head turning" "bombshell" rants only work if you butcher the facts ... lol

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Brady was totally along for the ride on the first 3 Pats "championships*." Those were all defense and Viniateri. BB's defense won those championships, NOT Brady. Brady was barely more than a bystander, with Charlie Weis in his ear during live play telling him who to throw to. 

Peyton Manning's dumps are more impressive than Tom Brady.

Agreed 100%. 

But according to nycjunk and his fellow brady lovers: Brady is the reason for all of the pats success, and peyton isn't the reason for any of his teams. 

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Are you kidding me? He had led a record setting offense all year. One that was averaging north of 30 points per game and he could only muster 14 against a mediocre defense that finished in the middle of the pack in everything. 

This wasn't like Peyton's Broncos getting steam rolled by an exceptional defense like the Seahawks two years ago. This was an alleged all-timer sh*tting the bed against a below average defense on the biggest stage. 

2007 Giants D in NFC playoffs(faced #2 O and #4 on road): 17 PPG

2013 Sea D in NFC playoffs(faced 10th ranked O and 11th ranked O at home): 16 PPG

Brady struggled in that SB but again led his O 80 yards for a go ahead TD(weren't you just telling me how the great ones lead TD drives?) in the final minutes while Manning threw as many TDs to the opponent as he did to his own team and only led his o to 8 pts which came in garbage time.

you can look at rankings but rankings have nothing to do w/ how a team plays in postseason.

You know Peyton manning was SHUT OUT by the 24th ranked defense in the 2002 wild card game, right? I assume he's not an all timer then? oh that's not a championship game. what about the 25th ranked Saints D in 2009?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

that is your response?  hahahaha

where it matters most is w/ less talent: 6 SBs to 4, 4 SB wins to 2.  head to head record owned by Brady and he didn't need an all world D performance to win his SBs.

Less talent? Only brady lovers. Over the past 8 years, he's had Randy Moss, the greatest WR threat in history and Gronk the greatest pass catching TE threat in NFL history.

And you're wrong. When it mattered most, Peyton 3, brady* 2. And Peyton didn't need to cheat.

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Agreed 100%. 

But according to nycjunk and his fellow brady lovers: Brady is the reason for all of the pats success, and peyton isn't the reason for any of his teams. 

That is quite a compelling argument.  you are good at this.

haha, that is a good one.

NE took over at their 17 yard line w/ 1:21 to play and no timeouts w/ a first year starting QB.  He set them up for a very makeable FG but he should have led them to a TD needing only 3 to winsmiley-laughing024.gif

Geno Smith levelsmileyslaughinganimal_duck_lol_100-100.gif

In 2012 at HOME in the div rd in a tie game w/ 31 secs and TWO timeouts left, Denver took a knee rather than trust Peyton Manning to get into FG range.  NE trusted a 1st year starter w/ the SB on the line.  Den was wise as Peyton eventually threw away that game against Baltimore despite Denver scoring 2 non offensive TDs.

That could be Kleck's dumbest post ever.

11 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Twice.

That is quite a compelling argument.  you are good at this.

3>2*. Is that compelling?

Assuming all allegations of cheating are true and wins should be abandoned: Peyton 1 legit SB, brady 0.

Reality: Peyton 2 legit sbs, brady 0. 

Must suck to have to defend or justify your lover's accomplishments* at every turn.

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Less talent? Only brady lovers. Over the past 8 years, he's had Randy Moss, the greatest WR threat in history and Gronk the greatest pass catching TE threat in NFL history.

And you're wrong. When it mattered most, Peyton 3, brady* 2. And Peyton didn't need to cheat.

so HGH or the admission of duping the officials isn't cheating? interesting.

I'm sure Peyton would rather have 4 SBs and would rather have played well in the 2 SBs he won and not thrown away the 2 they lost.

he had Moss for a couple of seasons, other than that his best WR was Troy Brown who would be about the 5th or 6th best manning has had.  He has had a healthy Gronk for a few seasons, big weapon no doubt but nothing like the amazing collection of talent Peyton has had since day 1 in this league.

so HGH or the admission of duping the officials isn't cheating? interesting.

I'm sure Peyton would rather have 4 SBs and would rather have played well in the 2 SBs he won and not thrown away the 2 they lost.

he had Moss for a couple of seasons, other than that his best WR was Troy Brown who would be about the 5th or 6th best manning has had.  He has had a healthy Gronk for a few seasons, big weapon no doubt but nothing like the amazing collection of talent Peyton has had since day 1 in this league.

compelling.

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Twice.

except for the little fact that those Giant D's played like elite D's when it mattered most in postseason but please keep using meaningless rankings.  you are putting up a heck of an argument.

200.gif

Just now, nyjunc said:

except for the little fact that those Giant D's played like elite D's when it mattered most in postseason but please keep using meaningless rankings.  you are putting up a heck of an argument.

So you're saying brady* the all time great sh*ts the bed against elite defenses? 

200.gif

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So you're saying brady* the all time great sh*ts the bed against elite defenses? 

200.gif

yes b/c every top QB is going to be perfect.  do you even watch football?

I wish my QB "shi* the bed"  by leading our O 80 yds for a TD to take a late lead in a SB then leaving the field late in another SB with a lead. 

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he is a great one but you have to take the game situation into account.  SF had 3:20 to play and all their TOs trailing by 3.  slightly different situation than 1:21 w/ no TOs needing only a FG to win. 

Montana is in the discussion w/ Brady, he just wasn't great as long as Brady. 

and by posting this are you saying Manning isn't great since he doesn't have a single last minute winning drive in his 4 SBs? and only one in his entire postseason history

Touchdowns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Field Goals. 

Your argument is invalid. 

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I wish my QB "shi* the bed"  by leading our O 80 yds for a TD to take a late lead in a SB then leaving the field late in another SB with a lead. 

On the biggest stage, in the biggest game of his life with the biggest stakes he'll ever face - undefeated season, 4-0 in Super Bowls - all the marbles, what did he do?

14 points. 

Less than half his season average. 

Against a mediocre defense. 

Montana would have won that game. Bradshaw would have won that game. Starr would have won that game. Graham would have won that game. 

Tom Brady shrunk in the face of history. 

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Montana>Peyton>Trent Dilfer>Brady without cheating. Sorry not sorry.

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

On the biggest stage, in the biggest game of his life with the biggest stakes he'll ever face - undefeated season, 4-0 in Super Bowls - all the marbles, what did he do?

14 points. 

Less than half his season average. 

Against a mediocre defense. 

Montana would have won that game. Bradshaw would have won that game. Starr would have won that game. Graham would have won that game. 

Tom Brady shrunk in the face of history. 

the man is 4-2 in SBs and the 2 losses he left the field late with a lead.  Maybe if Brady had the Ds of SF, Pitt, GB they win those? 

would Manning have won that game? we know the answer to that.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

200.gif

Wait... so the Giant D's performance counts but Brady's doesn't?

You trying to have your cake and eat it to, my friend. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Wait... so the Giant D's performance counts but Brady's doesn't?

I have said a million times Brady didn't play well in either game but even playing poorly(against GREAT playing defenses) he gave his team chances to win and left the field w/ a lead.  He deserves some blame for those losses, nowhere have I said he was great and did all he could. 

16 hours ago, Mainejet said:

For me this SB was as much a function of Elway as it was Manning himself. Manning is just so smart, it's like having a HC on the field. He can easily dissect defenses on the fly. Even after the injury, he still knew enough to get the Broncos offense out of bad plays and into better ones. There's a lot to be said for that, even if your still not throwing for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns per game.

^this

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Manning did absolutely nothing to help Denver(other than maybe inspire his teammates).  all he did was make the defense work harder to overcome lack of scoring, the turnovers and awful sacks he took.

^ you are kidding yourself if you think that Peyton wasnt changing plays at the line going all omaha and sh!t on the Carolina defense.  Broncos offense was ineffective, yes, but I think it would have been more ineffective against Carolina with Osweiller at QB.  Carolina offense was ineffective as well, I wouldnt put it all on Cam?

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

you are kidding yourself if you think that Peyton wasnt changing plays at the line going all omaha and sh!t on the Carolina defense.  Broncos offense was ineffective, yes, but I think it would have been more ineffective against Carolina with Osweiller at QB.  Carolina offense was ineffective as well, I wouldnt put it all on Cam?

25 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's really not his fault that he's completely and utterly unobjective when it comes to brady*, and that it's magnified when trying to relate brady* to the all time greats. He and his uggs have that effect on younger girls who are trying to get into football. 

4 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

^this

^ you are kidding yourself if you think that Peyton wasnt changing plays at the line going all omaha and sh!t on the Carolina defense.  Broncos offense was ineffective, yes, but I think it would have been more ineffective against Carolina with Osweiller at QB.  Carolina offense was ineffective as well, I wouldnt put it all on Cam?

that's awesome, "Omaha!"  but did you see the Den O didn't do a thing all game after that first FG drive?  how could it have been more ineffective w/ Osweiler? the O basically put up 3 pts all game, Brock couldn't do that?  the other scoring drives were set up by D/STs.

brock and peyton both played NE and Pitt(brock played at Pitt, all other games at home):

Den w/ Brock vs. NE: 30 pts

Den w/ Brock vs. Pitt: 27 pts

Den w/ Peyton vs. NE: 20 pts(-10)

Den w/ Peyton vs. Pitt: 23 pts(-4)

Cam doesn't have the history of poor play in big games that peyton does.  Cam played poorly, others played poorly as well.  Peyton played poorly, others on Den's O played poorly as well but Peyton was awful.  he easily could have had 2-3 more picks, he was terrible. 

I think emotionally Peyton gave them a lift when he came back but his play on the field was not good and made the D's job even harder.

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's really not his fault that he's completely and utterly unobjective when it comes to brady*, and that it's magnified when trying to relate brady* to the all time greats. He and his uggs have that effect on younger girls who are trying to get into football. 

some day you may want to try to debate and post some interesting thoughts to add to a discussion rather than continually take shots at someone who knows much more about this game than you do.

Archived