Can you name the 2 QB'S.......

Lupz27

To represent the AFC in the Super Bowl since 2001 not named Brady, Manning, or Big Ben?

Crazy those 3 have played in 13 of the last 15 SB's for the AFC.

Stop talking about how you don't need an elite franchise QB please, and a guy like Fitz is good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

To represent the AFC in the Super Bowl since 2001 not named Brady, Manning, or Big Ben?

Stop talking about how you don't need an elite franchise QB please, and a guy like Fitz is good enough. 

Gannon, Dilfer

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I didnt look so it is  Joe Flacco and  The Seahhawks QB (name eludes me).  BUT... I didnt peak.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Manning is not elite, at all.  He's good at times, under the right circumstances.

yes, you can win a Super Bowl without an elite QB.  It's been proven - you can have a hot a defense, go on a run, catch a few breaks and win one 

But....in order to have sustained success you must have a QB.  Sustained success gives you more shots at winning - heavily increases the odds.  

Elite should probably be rephrased as "1st ballot HOF QB"

Guys like Rivers, Dalton, Steve McNair, Carson Palmer, Romo, Cam, and probably a few others have been more than good enough to get to the Super Bowl and win.

so your point is what?   that Maccagnan and the Jets should just pack it in if Rapistburger or Flacco aren't released this off-season?    Which of the QBs coming out this year is the next manning?   what if he's gone when the jets pick - should they trade all of their draft picks for 2017 picks?  

it's so easy to say that you need a franchise QB, it's much harder to execute.   The falcons thought Ryan was the guy, turns out he's not.   RG3 is getting released and Luck regressed in year 3.  and don't forget that for every Peyton Manning there are 3 Ryan Leafs.   

I'm sure Mac and Bowles understand the value of a QB, especially considering their division.  I'm also sure they are going to keep trying to improve the rest of the team while they look for their franchise QB.   

4 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Elite should probably be rephrased as "1st ballot HOF QB"

Guys like Rivers, Dalton, Steve McNair, Carson Palmer, Romo, Cam, and probably a few others have been more than good enough to get to the Super Bowl and win.

Have any of them won?  McNair, and Cam are the only 2 to have played in 1.

Cool.  Yet another thread telling us we need an elite franchise QB without an idea about how to acquire said elite franchise QB. 

Which veteran are we trading for, or which rookie are we taking at # 20, or moving up the draft board to take?  Those would be good thoughts to include in a thread of this nature.  I'm all ears. 

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So top 5 QB of all time is not elite?  Peyton Manning not Eli.

He was far from Elite this year. He had an elite career but Denver just won the bowl w/out an elite QB.

Peyton was simply along for the ride that was driven by an awesome defense.

The Jets wasted a golden opportunity in a watered down AFC this season. 

18 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Have any of them won?  McNair, and Cam are the only 2 to have played in 1.

No. Are they though elite QB's ? I think they are or were (McNair). 

Take Romo and Cam out of the mix since they play in the NFC. How many elite QB's have there been the past 15 years ? Rivers, McNair, Palmer in 2005, Luck and those guys aren't getting there because of Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger are 1st ballot HOF'ers.

Maybe its semantics, I don't know. But when I look at Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger right now I see Bird, Magic and Michael. They dominated the NBA the way B.M,R dominate the AFC. 

jmho

On February 9, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Mainejet said:

Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck. What do I win?

On February 9, 2016 at 9:06 PM, TheMagicRat said:

Not hasselbeck. Flacco.

And at that, look at the season Gannon had. It was his 4th straight pro bowl season, he was 1st team all-pro for the 2nd time in 3 years, and was the NFL's leading passer in yardage, while also completing 68% of his passes. At the time, he was one of the game's elite & very best QBs. So the point still kind of stands.

The only exception was Flacco, and look at the post-season run he had to put together to get there.

Archived