Kyle Brindza

KRL

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

CARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

1 hour ago, Thor99 said:

Sweet, another player for Carl to overrate. 

No overrating here. He was pretty bad in Tampa. Solid, not special at ND at both K and P. I'm not sure if they brought him in to do one or the other or both. I figured he was just Folk insurance. Would be better than Quigley for sure though.

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM, updated February 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM

786930544a6c57347865304142465558?bt=c030

The Jets currently have three kickers on their roster: Nick Folk, Randy Bullock (a pending free agent), and Kyle Brindza.

While Folk has been the Jets' primary kicker since 2010, Brindza is the newcomer of that group. The Jets just signed him to a reserve/future contract on Feb. 5.

But now, Brindza is sidelined with a ruptured Achilles tendon, as Brindza himself notes here:

Jets lose a player for the season already, Kyle Brindza tears Achilles

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmzztlmm2eynti3mtk4ymzjyzgznzhlmzu1zty4ytyw1AP

It’s early for a season-ending injury, but the Jets already have one.

Kicker Kyle Brindza just posted on Instagram a photo of his leg in a cast, after surgery to repair a torn Achilles.

Brindza, who was signed earlier this month, apparently suffered the injury in a kicking workout.

“As cliche as it sounds, …. a minor set back for a major come back,” he wrote, showing #selfawareness of his cliches. “I have worked my tail off to get another shot and I got it, but now I have to take a step back. I ruptured my Achilles completely during my kicking workout. I’m not mad. I’m not upset. Unfortunate? Yes. I know God has a plan and I have to trust it.”

He opened last year as the Buccaneers’ kicker, but was cut after a rough stretch which included eight misses (six field goals and two extra points) in the first four weeks.

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Jets lose a player for the season already, Kyle Brindza tears Achilles

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmzztlmm2eynti3mtk4ymzjyzgznzhlmzu1zty4ytyw1AP

It’s early for a season-ending injury, but the Jets already have one.

Kicker Kyle Brindza just posted on Instagram a photo of his leg in a cast, after surgery to repair a torn Achilles.

Brindza, who was signed earlier this month, apparently suffered the injury in a kicking workout.

“As cliche as it sounds, …. a minor set back for a major come back,” he wrote, showing #selfawareness of his cliches. “I have worked my tail off to get another shot and I got it, but now I have to take a step back. I ruptured my Achilles completely during my kicking workout. I’m not mad. I’m not upset. Unfortunate? Yes. I know God has a plan and I have to trust it.”

He opened last year as the Buccaneers’ kicker, but was cut after a rough stretch which included eight misses (six field goals and two extra points) in the first four weeks.

Ah man, what a tough break for the kid

Archived