Ocean Mafia

Nolder

1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

It's odds you tool. On D1 there's a 75% chance the person you are targeting is town. Mislynch + NK means that on D2 there is probably only a 70% chance that who you are "scum hunting" is town, then it's a 62.5% chance the next day.. Etc etc

We all know the odds of scum in the game.

Doesn't excuse the reality that you were voting CTM because he as a distraction, and you only moved your vote to Crusher, I called you out for not doing so.

Unvote
Vote Brett

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Really?  How so?  A town vs. town game? 

lmfao

You voted him because you wanted to remove a distraction.  You also acknowledged that he's more than likely not trying to run a gambit.  Which would mean, you are buying his reveal.

Town - am I taking crazy pills on this or are you guys following me here? 

i get what he's saying here

Doesn't mean "anyone is scum" he's saying "any one person is scum".. i.e. without any game info, there's a 75% chance everyone in game is town due to how these games are set up

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

i figured the ass part out...

what do you think of brett?

He's feeling a bit scummy (or maybe just non-town) to me. The two things that I noticed were:

5 hours ago, StraightCash said:

My initial reaction is outting the cop is stupid and anyone who likes that plan is stupid. But town won last game with no cop, so maybe it's not game breaking if it fails.

Saying outing the cop is stupid, but then saying it might not be as bad as we think.

33 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Spinning again. I never said Jif was scum because he accused me, I said he was pinging because he was quick to narrow the lynch pool to 2 people. The same thing that ruined me last game 

What he was doing last game is not the same as wheat JiF is doing this game. Like I--and others--pointed out earlier.

Just now, CTM said:

i get what he's saying here

Doesn't mean "anyone is scum" he's saying "any one person is scum".. i.e. without any game info, there's a 75% chance everyone in game is town due to how these games are set up

I'm talking about his posts regarding you...

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still nothing substantial from Pac and AVM.  CTM's reveal was 18 hours ago.  Just saying.

Orly?

5 hours ago, AVM said:

Meh...people have looked up uncommon roles pretty often.  And fwiw, I'm pretty sure he's both fake claimed Miller and truthfully claimed Miller pretty early on.  I even think I claimed Miller on D1 once, a long time ago.

Perhaps it will help if I say "I don't find CTMs claim particularly suspect, unless you go with Bretts notion that he has had this stored away to use for some time now...which I really don't."

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We all know the odds of scum in the game.

Doesn't excuse the reality that you were voting CTM because he as a distraction, and you only moved your vote to Crusher, I called you out for not doing so.

Unvote
Vote Brett

Didn't you call CTM a distraction first? I mean, maybe it was in jest, and you didn't use that as your case for voting him, but you did say it first. Brett then quoted you and said it himself. I'm still unsure of exactly his reason for voting CTM, but if it is because "he's a distraction" it kinda seems like he got that idea from you.

Was that just you "reaction testing"?

13 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Same sh*t as last game, that's the D1 meta now

You must have hated when you used to play and we all posted spidey memes and awkward boners for 2 RL days until getting down to business.  It's been less than 24 hours, it'll be okay.

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

can we get everyone to weigh in a bit before lynching anyone.

I feel like only 5-6 people are playing at the moment

Exactly.  No hurry.  We started quick but we are very early day 1. Plus, not that i want to read it, not even sure I have seen anything from Lizzie.

25 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

It's odds you tool. On D1 there's a 75% chance the person you are targeting is town. Mislynch + NK means that on D2 there is probably only a 70% chance that who you are "scum hunting" is town, then it's a 62.5% chance the next day.. Etc etc

#logic...question mark?

I

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Didn't you call CTM a distraction first? I mean, maybe it was in jest, and you didn't use that as your case for voting him, but you did say it first. Brett then quoted you and said it himself. I'm still unsure of exactly his reason for voting CTM, but if it is because "he's a distraction" it kinda seems like he got that idea from you.

Was that just you "reaction testing"?

Answer: yes!

Come'on Spoot.  At least ask an open ended question.  Jeez...so good til that.

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not entirely true.  Pac gave his opinion and then dropped the vote on the noob and then disappeared.  Like he's done the last 2 games, as scum.

Meta, but yes.

38 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

You seem to feel pretty strong about Pac but only want 80 or I lynched??

******* gross, Brett.

All you could take away from this was that it was an opportunity to make JIF look like he lacks conviction?

I see 80 nudging this idea that scum would have all avoided CTM's reveal, and JIF actually fact-checking what actually happened. Rings of townie JIF to me. 

This only hurts your credibility.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I

Answer: yes!

Come'on Spoot.  At least ask an open ended question.  Jeez...so good til that.

I don't get what you mean, but I like the attention.

Unrelated question: Is anyone else unable to click on the smiley button to post an emoticon? I click it and it does nothing. I can post one if I notice the--for lack of a better term--shortcut; i.e. ":)" But I don't know the one for the heart smiley. Bummer.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't get what you mean, but I like the attention.

Unrelated question: Is anyone else unable to click on the smiley button to post an emoticon? I click it and it does nothing. I can post one if I notice the--for lack of a better term--shortcut; i.e. ":)" But I don't know the one for the heart smiley. Bummer.

It was a good post and a good observation but you gave him an out with the question at the end.  If you wanted to ask a question, make it open ended, meaning, something that cant be answered with yes or no...and get him talking.  You left him an out with an easy, yes.

Get it?  

It's not a big deal...just a coaching moment from greatest scum hunter to ever walk the face of the planet. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

It was a good post and a good observation but you gave him an out with the question at the end.  If you wanted to ask a question, make it open ended, meaning, something that cant be answered with yes or no...and get him talking.  You left him an out with an easy, yes.

Get it?  

It's not a big deal...just a coaching moment from greatest scum hunter to ever walk the face of the planet. 

Okay, I get it, thanks.

So, a better question would have been "Is there something else going on there?" or "Care to explain that?"

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, I get it, thanks.

So, a better question would have been "Is there something else going on there?" or "Care to explain that?"

JIF is good at scum hunting about 1 in every 100 games where he is town.

32 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, I get it, thanks.

Yes.  Something that elicits a response better than yes or no.  And dont lead them to an answer or an out.  

Also, I'm the best ever.  Dont listen to these dweebs.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Hey, do you think Pac is scum? I'm starting to think so... I'm sold on you as town.

Not sure.  He does the same bleh and brag thing early in games regardless of alignment.  Much easier to read him after bodies start dropping.  You can tell the if he is trying (town) or coasting ( scum)

Archived