Shon Coleman OT Auburn

SenorGato

My #2 OT prospect after Tunsil. Reminds me of fellow former OT Marcus McNeill as a slightly older prospect who missed time to outstanding circumstance. Has a well rounded and versatile game. Size to play either T, pass blocker with the physicality and size to be a road grader in the run game, tough, insane work ethic and drive obviously...One of my more favorite options for the Jets at 20 that isn't trading up for a Goff or Lynch somehow. With luck he might be available in the second because the draft.

7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

My #2 OT prospect after Tunsil. Reminds me of fellow former OT Marcus McNeill as a slightly older prospect who missed time to outstanding circumstance. Has a well rounded and versatile game. Size to play either T, pass blocker with the physicality and size to be a road grader in the run game, tough, insane work ethic and drive obviously...One of my more favorite options for the Jets at 20 that isn't trading up for a Goff or Lynch somehow. With luck he might be available in the second because the draft.

I like Coleman, but I rate him after Stanley, Decker and Spriggs. Coleman might be one of those guys whose stock rises after the combine as he appears to be a pretty good athlete. 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I like Coleman, but I rate him after Stanley, Decker and Spriggs. Coleman might be one of those guys whose stock rises after the combine as he appears to be a pretty good athlete. 

Eh, I like Stanley but think Coleman is the more physical player with more NFL ready strength. See Coleman as better than the other two outright.

39 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Eh, I like Stanley but think Coleman is the more physical player with more NFL ready strength. See Coleman as better than the other two outright.

watch last years bama game, They do not call holding in college often. In fact Bama's Dline this yr drew only 3 holding calls all year. Coleman is garbage.

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

The talent Coleman will see in NFL is much closer to Bama than A&M or Ole Miss imo.

Surely there's more criteria for being a good prospect than playing well for or against Alabama. I'd imagine a guy like Coleman might actually struggle a little against Alabama's larger DL, as most OT and OL in college do, but don't see why that would eliminate. I didn't see the game and it's not available in any easy way so that kinda sucks.

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Surely there's more criteria for being a good prospect than playing well for or against Alabama. I'd imagine a guy like Coleman might actually struggle a little against Alabama's larger DL, as most OT and OL in college do, but don't see why that would eliminate. I didn't see the game and it's not available in any easy way so that kinda sucks.

I would expect Coleman to go late in rd 2.  I see too much holding by him, that will be probably called more on him in NFL

11 hours ago, afosomf said:

I would expect Coleman to go late in rd 2.  I see too much holding by him, that will be probably called more on him in NFL

He does seem to have that reputation after some blatant stuff against Garrett of A&M in 2014. OTOH the big one he's known for, the 2014 A&M game, was improved on immensely in the 2015 game. Not uncoachable....I think late 2nd would be a nice gift for Los Yets, they could definitely use some in the draft.

Archived