Protest at NFL headquarters concerning Beyonce's crap at halftime

no psls

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Controversy continues to swirl aroundBeyonce’s Super Bowl halftime show performance.

The pop superstar is being accused of using her performance to attack police officers.

“I think it was outrageous that she used it as a platform to attack police officers, who are the people who protect her and protect us,” former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told CBS2’s Dick Brennan.

Beyonce and her dancers were wearing leather and black berets, which was apparently a nod to the Black Panthers movement.

One dance formation seemed to acknowledge Malcolm X, and other dancers had fists in the air, which was reminiscent of the black power salutes of the 1960s and 70s.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., told CBS2 that the NFL should have canceled her appearance.

“I found the entire show objectionable. It was extolling the Black Panthers who were a terrorist organization, killing police officers in the 60s and 70s,” King said.

A protest is even being held against Beyonce next week outside NFL’s headquarters in New York.

According to an Event Brite page, an Anti-Beyonce Protest rally will be held Tuesday, Feb. 16, from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

“Are you offended as an American that Beyoncé pulled her race-baiting stunt at the Superbowl? Do you agree that it was a slap in the face tolaw enforcementicon1.png? Do you agree that the Black Panthers was/is a hate group which should not be glorified? Come and let’s stand together. Let’s tell the NFL we don’t want hate speech & racism at the Superbowl ever again!” the page reads.

Despite the criticism, Beyonce has seen her share of supporters for her performance. Black Lives Matter activist Melina Abdullah praised her for being like artists who “are willing to raise social consciousness and use their artistry to advance social justice.”

Some New Yorkers also sided with the superstar.

“If you gonna read a million and one things into what comes out of people’s mouth, we would never leave our homes in the morning,” Eleanor Smith of Canarsie, Brooklyn, told CBS2.

Brian Wolfe of Bensonhurst said people need to “get a life.”

“Beyonce is in the best interest of everybody and she’s been around forever and never shown any signs of any prejudism and hate,” he told CBS2.

Beyonce has yet to comment publicly about her Super Bowl performance.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Beyonce and Jay-Z are pathetically terrible at their trade.  Like hurt your ears type music produced by both.  Like god awful.  Yet, they're 2 of the most successful people in their trade.

God Bless America!

If they were protesting because Beyonce were terrible it would be one thing. This is just ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

If they were protesting because Beyonce were terrible it would be one thing. This is just ridiculous. 

People stupid.  They protest because it's cool and everyone else is doing it.  Protest to protest and sh*t.

I hate people. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

They were terrible too.  

Bruno Mars is cool though.

I can agree with that. I feel bad because my daughter really likes Coldplay but all I kept thinking was how they destroyed the Flower of Life symbol, which is or was one of the coolest symbols in the world. That was making me really...secretly angry as my kid was enjoying the show. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

They were terrible too.  

Bruno Mars is cool though.

Funny because he is not anyone I would go out of the way to listen to.  But every time I see him I groove to the dude.  Should have had him and a surprise appearance by Prince.  Then have Dave Chapelle show up and do the Basketball skit from his show.  Be so cool.

Look I can't stand Beyoncé's music.  Can't stand it at all.  But music should push barriers and raise questions and inspire.  Could you imagine for a second a SB during Vietnam and Country Joe and the Fish are doing halftime?  Whole bunch of folks would be going insane about how dare we put that out there.  No matter your position on the "meaning" I'd say be thankful somebody is actually challenging the system, because without challenge the system will take advantage.    Maybe I' just a hippie though lol. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I personally thought it was a terrible half time show not only because of the music but because it was hypocritical. We would be GRILLED as white people if we pulled this. Double standards are alive and well boys. Alive and well.

Well with all due respect white people have had the upper hand for quite some time now.  What exactly would we pull, "we are the champions" in 1960's police uniforms holding firehoses? 

Jesus Christ there's so much stuff supporting white power in this country who cares that black people have pride in their race? White people defend the confederate flag but then get mad at a black person for celebrating their own culture. And no I am not a liberal pc scum I am just looking at this realistically 

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Jesus Christ there's so much stuff supporting white power in this country who cares that black people have pride in their race? White people defend the confederate flag but then get mad at a black person for celebrating their own culture. And no I am not a liberal pc scum I am just looking at this realistically 

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over your liberal, PC scumminess.

Archived