The "Sack Exchange" Thread

TuscanyTile2

I love how the Namath thread turned out.  How about a "New York Sack Exchange" thread.  Post anything (doesn't have to be a pic and doesn't have to be about the unit as a whole) related to the sack exchange.  I'm starting w/ a couple of pics.

SackExchange.jpg

SackExchange2.png

That was also one of the all time dumb moves by the Jets.   You have the Sack Exchange.  You blow it up, on purpose, to go to a 3-4.  

If you have no talent, sure you switch systems.   If you have great talent for a system, you keep the system.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That was also one of the all time dumb moves by the Jets.   You have the Sack Exchange.  You blow it up, on purpose, to go to a 3-4.  

If you have no talent, sure you switch systems.   If you have great talent for a system, you keep the system.

This is the reason so many teams in this league struggle for years and years.  Bring in coaches who bring their own system in, takes 3 years to get rid of all the players some very good that don;t fit the system and bring in ones that do fit by that time they get fired, rinse and repeat.

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is the reason so many teams in this league struggle for years and years.  Bring in coaches who bring their own system in, takes 3 years to get rid of all the players some very good that don;t fit the system and bring in ones that do fit by that time they get fired, rinse and repeat.

I don't like Tomlin in Pitt.   But he did that, he was a 4-3 Cover 2 guy who came in, had real good 3-4 players, and didn't screw with it.  Kept the talent he had, and he has been rewarded for it.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I was a big fan of both.

Im with you.

These guys gave us something to cheer for.

Why hate for that??

Didnt like the sack dance?

I say too bad....should have rooted for another team.

BTW  is the dab any better or worse or any other stupid celebration for that matter?

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Im with you.

Why hate for that??

BTW  is the dab any better or worse or any other stupid celebration for that matter?

I always said if you don't like the dance don't give up the sack.

7 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Klecko and gastineau are on the extreme opposite ends of my Love-Hate list.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I was a big fan of both.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Im with you.

Why hate for that??

I always liked Klecko more, but I supported Gastineau despite the antics, the late hit on Kosar, etc.  

It wasn't until he quit on the team midway through the 1988 season that I had enough of #99.  That was the last straw for me.

47 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I always liked Klecko more, but I supported Gastineau despite the antics, the late hit on Kosar, etc.  

It wasn't until he quit on the team midway through the 1988 season that I had enough of #99.  That was the last straw for me.

The late hit on Kosar was awful.  One of my worst Jet fan memories.  But I took the bad w/ the good.  Gastineau was fun to watch IMO.  I didn't blame him for retiring to help Brigitte Neilson w/ her health.  I feel like that's something up to the individual.  He owed us nothing anyway.  That was his real life.

On 2/14/2016 at 3:47 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

The late hit on Kosar was awful.  One of my worst Jet fan memories.  But I took the bad w/ the good.  Gastineau was fun to watch IMO.  I didn't blame him for retiring to help Brigitte Neilson w/ her health.  I feel like that's something up to the individual.  He owed us nothing anyway.  That was his real life.

She wasn't sick.  It was BS.  And forget "us" he quit on his teammates.   

11 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

He quit in 1988. The league did not start handing out sanctions for positive steroid tests until 1989. 

he didn't want to be outed as a steroid user.

Seven weeks into the 1988 season, Gastineau was leading the AFC with seven sacks when he stunned teammates by announcing his retirement; he said he wanted to spend more time with Nielsen, whom he feared had uterine cancer.

It proved to be a false alarm. Years later, Gastineau admitted another reason he quit was that he was concerned that he would fail another drug test and that the public would learn he used anabolic steroids.

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Gastineau_Mark.html

Archived