Smurfs Mafia - Game Thread

Gone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I'm sorry about your girl. I hope she's ok. You got me thinking though. My son has had a dry-heave cough for 4-5 weeks which he mostly gets at night. It sounds awful. About 10 days ago we asked the Dr. what we could do about it. They don't administer cough syrup to babies anymore, so they said that there's not much they can do. Said it would take care of itself after awhile. Possibly teeth coming in causing the coughing. It woke up the baby the other night at 4:30am though for the first time. I don't know how he normally sleeps through it but he seems ok normally. I wonder if they were just gaming us for another visit.

Thanks.

Hard to say if they're gaming you. They try not to over-medicate little ones. Like with the fever, we were told not to both using fever reducer until she got to about 102-103. Otherwise, just let the body do its job. Did they do a chest x-ray? 

Could be teeth, but our daughter's snotty nose and cough as a result of teeth only lasted 1 week or so when the tooth/teeth were poking through.

Kids in daycare often just have a cough and cold constantly. We've been very fortunate, she's never sick like that. This is our first real bout of having a "sick kid". 

Do you have a humidifier in his room? This time of year, forced hot air in the house and in the car, sometimes it just dries people out. Could be all that's going on.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks.

Hard to say if they're gaming you. They try not to over-medicate little ones. Like with the fever, we were told not to both using fever reducer until she got to about 102-103. Otherwise, just let the body do its job. Did they do a chest x-ray? 

Could be teeth, but our daughter's snotty nose and cough as a result of teeth only lasted 1 week or so when the tooth/teeth were poking through.

Kids in daycare often just have a cough and cold constantly. We've been very fortunate, she's never sick like that. This is our first real bout of having a "sick kid". 

Do you have a humidifier in his room? This time of year, forced hot air in the house and in the car, sometimes it just dries people out. Could be all that's going on.

I don't believe they did a chest x-ray. My wife asked if there was ANYTHING they could do, but the Dr. didn't seem very concerned about it. Up until a few months ago, we did in fact have a humidifier and I'm not totally sure why we took it out. I think my wife was concerned about mold or something but I'll double check with her tonight.

I really hope your daughter is ok with the pneumonia. That is a tough one.

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I don't believe they did a chest x-ray. My wife asked if there was ANYTHING they could do, but the Dr. didn't seem very concerned about it. Up until a few months ago, we did in fact have a humidifier and I'm not totally sure why we took it out. I think my wife was concerned about mold or something but I'll double check with her tonight.

I really hope your daughter is ok with the pneumonia. That is a tough one.

Humidifiers require a lot of cleaning. If you can't keep up with it, then better to get rid of it. 

Only in the Mafia forum can you find all of the following:

1.  A daily emo breakdown.

2.  Gross pictures of monkeys and gay Batman costumes.

3.  Lunatic drivers who tail school buses and run into stationary objects.

4.  Jokes about the ex-bf of a found missing person.

5.  Discussions of humidifiers.

All within 2 pages.

23 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So what happened? Did she hit her head, got amnesia and forgot where she parked her car... or that she actually had a car?

after dating asexual 80 for years , she finally got laid and spent the last few days making up for lost time in a motel room

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only in the Mafia forum can you find all of the following:

1.  A daily emo breakdown.

2.  Gross pictures of monkeys and gay Batman costumes.

3.  Lunatic drivers who tail school buses and run into stationary objects.

4.  Jokes about the ex-bf of a found missing person.

5.  Discussions of humidifiers.

All within 2 pages.

**** YOU IT WAS NOT AN EMO BREAKDOWN.  YOU SUCK!

Also, DIAF.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No clue.  Just glad she's safe.  I might send her a text in a little while after the dust settles. 

Booze  

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

after dating asexual 80 for years , she finally got laid and spent the last few days making up for lost time in a motel room smoking crack and engaging with multiple sex partners

Fixed 

80, if you had just put it in when she asked you to, you could've prevented this whole thing. Lucky they found her, weight off your shoulders for life. Moral of story, get laid!

Archived