Empire State Mafia Sign-Ups

EmpireStateUS-144dpi.jpg

Welcome to a story of alternate reality, gangsters and superheroes set in some version of New York in the 1930's (or is it the 1950's?). 

I will leave the number of players very open, but we will need at least 11 players to make it work, and preferably more than that.  The game will start no sooner than Tuesday, as I will be out of town this weekend.  Preferably it won't start for about 10 days, as I'll need time to develop the roles.  I'd also like to give plenty of time for people to sign up.  I will not be auto-signing up anybody, as I know plenty of people are a bit burnt out or busy at the moment!

Nyn has agreed to be my Co-Mod.

Sign-Ups:

1.  Brett

2.  Ape

3.  JiF

Hey, I'll play - this reminds me of the old days where the mafia themes weren't always familiar source material, so playing the game would pique interest in something new...

Also, the past few weeks have been flat out crazy for me at work. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, I'll do my best to keep up. This past game was an example of what happens when my workload doesn't change after the game starts. I literally had no idea what was going on most of the game. :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hey, I'll play - this reminds me of the old days where the mafia themes weren't always familiar source material, so playing the game would pique interest in something new...

Also, the past few weeks have been flat out crazy for me at work. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, I'll do my best to keep up. This past game was an example of what happens when my workload doesn't change after the game starts. I literally had no idea what was going on most of the game. :)

My hope is that this game will help create some interest in the book.

Also, there will be no conversions.  This is a promise.  :)

Eh, I like conversion games. As long as they are balanced out. It's a hard thing to get right. I think my BSG game was one of the best conversion games we've had here... probably one of the better complex setups too. 

Even if a game is perfectly designed, sh*t happens, and crazy things in how it plays out can destroy balance immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My hope is that this game will help create some interest in the book.

Also, there will be no conversions.  This is a promise.  :)

Ok, I'm in.

I dont like and dont want to play conversion games.  They're stupid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I only like to sign up when the themes seem cool (besides last game I figured whatever) but I like this. 

The theme is definitely cool. And I'll try to do it justice with my scenes. Might even bring the book with me to work and straight up plagiarize it.

(fine...paraphrase it. Y'all are no fun.)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably gonna take about 6-8 days to get enough people and adequately set the thing up. Maybe sooner though. 

Enjoy Disney, doubt it starts before you get back!

Ok then In

NOTE TO ALL: I will not be playing till Thursday, so if game starts on Tuesday, don't expect me to check in till Thursday. This is pre alignment

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Ok then In

NOTE TO ALL: I will not be playing till Thursday, so if game starts on Tuesday, don't expect me to check in till Thursday. This is pre alignment

Have fun in Disney Land.  Enjoy this special time with your girls.  Try not to fuck it up

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I was hoping that having Pussy Power trend on the main page for a few weeks would bring in some more people. Guess not 

I think people see but they don't know what is going on.  I used to see the Mafia forum but didnt understand what was going on nor know who to ask.  Crusher was the one who recruited me from the 100,000 post thread.  

• Upvote 3