Search is Horrible

Been on alot of forums over the yars, and JN has, without a doubt, one of the worst and least working Search functions I have ever run across.

Slow, bad, partial results, buttons that don't work, and more.

Couldn't get it to find content that was on the main board on the first page.....like it wasn't even there.  /facepalm

I can live with JN's forum software's many foibles, it not my preference, but I can live with it......but the Search fails....it's killing me man.

/endrant.

I just searched "All Content" for foibles. It returned this thread in less than a second.

Can you give me specific examples so we can look into this? What were you searching for that is killing you? I know some other forums have blocked search and made people use google so that is a pretty big statement that ours is the worst.

Any specific information would be helpful.

If I could have got anything to work, I'll tell you my old friend.  Buttons didn't work, results didn't update, couldn't search for a word within a single thread, or within a single users posts, etc.  Knew something was there, couldn't come within a mile of getting a search result for it.  Wanted to find a "Predict the record" thread for last season, couldn't find one, and I know we had one.

Check the Jets Hampur for a great search, works wonders.  JI had a really bad Search as well, and aye, leaving users to just Google is pants-on-head bad.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If I could have got anything to work, I'll tell you my old friend.  Buttons didn't work, results didn't update, couldn't search for a word within a single thread, or within a single users posts, etc.  Knew something was there, couldn't come within a mile of getting a search result for it.  Wanted to find a "Predict the record" thread for last season, couldn't find one, and I know we had one.

Check the Jets Hampur for a great search, works wonders.  JI had a really bad Search as well, and aye, leaving users to just Google is pants-on-head bad.

Are you using Advanced Search? I don't remember the thread from last year. But I just put in Jets Record in advanced search and looked for everything that is a year old plus. Came up with the 2014 version in a second:  

I know that isn't the thread you are looking for. But on the topic of the search, we have 3 million posts so there is a lot for it to go through. Are you using the Advanced Search filters? They are a lot of options there that help. Let me know.

Archived