2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not sure what I think of this. Physically gifted but disappears for most games, especially when Gates came back.

If little money involved, I guess I'd be ok w/ it

Yeah, the potential is definitely there, but we haven't really seen it. Maybe he'd thrive in a number one role. Who knows. I don't think the money would be too much for him

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not sure what I think of this. Physically gifted but disappears for most games, especially when Gates came back.

Two things about this... 1.) of course he disappeared when Gates came back, it's because Gates was the starter and is a future HOFer; 2.) he actually played good football this year, he's not a WR, you have to remember that teams with sh*tty OL's have to keep TEs in to block more often

I think he'd be a good signing, because he won't get "established stud" money.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Two things about this... 1.) of course he disappeared when Gates came back, it's because Gates was the starter and is a future HOFer; 2.) he actually played good football this year, he's not a WR, you have to remember that teams with sh*tty OL's have to keep TEs in to block more often

I think he'd be a good signing, because he won't get "established stud" money.

Ok. Never was impressed by him.... I'll take your word for it.

59 minutes ago, heymangold said:

don't know how we're signing anybody.  6M in cap space can't buy much.

We're going to WalMart this year for all our FA needs. Tier 3 or 4 for us this yr.

Unless today is the day for Cuts and renegotiated contracts?

Per SI

NFL free agency officially begins on Wednesday but there is plenty of news to catch up on before players are allowed to start signing contracts.

The Eagles have already made a splash with a pair of trades, but what about the rest of the league? Keep up with the latest buzz on which players could be headed where.

• The Browns are interested in Bengals receiver Marvin Jones, Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports.
  • Running back Lamar Miller will not return to the Dolphins next season,according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel.
  • Defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who played last season on a one-year deal with the Rams, is drawing interest from the Jets, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.
  • Pro Bowl center Alex Mack is being pursued by the Falcons and, to a lesser degree, the Jaguars, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports.
  • After six seasons with the Bengals, cornerback and kick returner Adam Jones is a free agent. Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo lists the Dolphins, Vikings and Cowboys as possible landing spots. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports that the Ravens are also interested. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are another potential suitor.
  • Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Raiders have been unable to work out a deal with left tackle Donald Penn and could pursue Ravens tackle Kelechi Osemele as a replacement. The Raiders are the “favorites” to land Osemele, Garafolo reports, and would pay him over $10 million annually. 
  • Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, whether Brandon Marshall likes it or not, could be an option for the Rams, Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
  • The Cardinals are “shopping” defensive end Calais Campbell, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel reports.
  • Bears linebacker Shea McClellin and Buccaneers safety Chris Conte are both drawing interest from several teams, NFL Network’s Rand Getlin reports.
  • The Texans want to re-sign cornerback A.J. Bouye, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.
  • Seven teams talked to Jets running back Chris Ivory, Wilson reports.

22 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Per SI

NFL free agency officially begins on Wednesday but there is plenty of news to catch up on before players are allowed to start signing contracts.

The Eagles have already made a splash with a pair of trades, but what about the rest of the league? Keep up with the latest buzz on which players could be headed where.

• The Browns are interested in Bengals receiver Marvin Jones, Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports.
  • Running back Lamar Miller will not return to the Dolphins next season,according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel.
  • Defensive tackle Nick Fairley, who played last season on a one-year deal with the Rams, is drawing interest from the Jets, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.
  • Pro Bowl center Alex Mack is being pursued by the Falcons and, to a lesser degree, the Jaguars, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports.
  • After six seasons with the Bengals, cornerback and kick returner Adam Jones is a free agent. Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo lists the Dolphins, Vikings and Cowboys as possible landing spots. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports that the Ravens are also interested. Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are another potential suitor.
  • Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Raiders have been unable to work out a deal with left tackle Donald Penn and could pursue Ravens tackle Kelechi Osemele as a replacement. The Raiders are the “favorites” to land Osemele, Garafolo reports, and would pay him over $10 million annually. 
  • Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, whether Brandon Marshall likes it or not, could be an option for the Rams, Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
  • The Cardinals are “shopping” defensive end Calais Campbell, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel reports.
  • Bears linebacker Shea McClellin and Buccaneers safety Chris Conte are both drawing interest from several teams, NFL Network’s Rand Getlin reports.
  • The Texans want to re-sign cornerback A.J. Bouye, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.
  • Seven teams talked to Jets running back Chris Ivory, Wilson reports.

The Rams are the one I thought of that would be a fit for Fitz but I don't know if going into LA, you want Ryan Fitzpatrick as your QB

Yes, Jets are nosing around corners of varying price tags. Checked in on Prince Amukamara, others.

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

Add the Jets to the list of teams interested in

eh, not too psyched about this rumor... it was Pacman and Burfict that lost their heads, and that game, for the Bengals no?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will also say this. If people think he schedule is going to be tougher and the Jets will struggle, wouldn't this be the perfect year to start to rebuild

Every year you don't win it all, is a rebuilding year.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

eh, not too psyched about this rumor... it was Pacman and Burfict that lost their heads, and that game, for the Bengals no?

Yep, he had a long history way back when as well. I wouldn't be too concerned with that game though, I think that had more to do with their rivalry than anything. He still plays at a high-level, doesn't do stupid things anymore and wouldn't cost much. 

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The problem with Green the last year was Concussions. I think he had 2-3 of them.  Physically gifted? Yes, but he does have some injury concerns. 

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per . This was evident last night, as it got too rich for &

We were interested... I wonder if we saw him at G or T

Oooh, I hadn't even heard we were interested in him. 

If the rumors being leaked to the press are any indication, we're focused more on OL than anything else... I love that we're addressing the OL. It has been neglected since Mangini was fired.

15 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per . This was evident last night, as it got too rich for &

We were interested... I wonder if we saw him at G or T

No doubt T. If you're paying that kind of money($70m supposedly) that's LT money and Brick would have been cut loose IAP

Archived