2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe we went from all that available money to zippo in 1 year. The Jags, Titans, are gonna get better really fast as they both have their young QBs in place. Jags coach is pretty good, I think they win their division next year. 

Free agency NEVER changes:

- A team run by Tannenbaum makes "splashy" (Maxwell, Alonso & Williams) moves to
generate buzz and screw up his cap.  But he treats draft picks as garbage and sets
his team up with no depth

- OAK signs ANOTHER OLinemen to a ridiculous contract which they will be looking to
dump in a year (remember Austin Howard)

- Another DEN player (Julius Thomas & Malik Jackson) goes to JAC looking to cash in
and we'll never hear from him again

Just now, Jetster said:

Hard to believe we went from all that available money to zippo in 1 year. The Jags, Titans, are gonna get better really fast as they both have their young QBs in place. Jags coach is pretty good, I think they win their division next year. 

Thanks MacCagnan!

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

let's see if mccags makes a move to get a qb.  at some point every new gm/hc regime does it.

At this pace teams will run out of money really fast. The bad teams with huge money to spend always make big splashes at top dollar. If you look at teams salary caps 90% are at, near or over the cap. There are always more cuts than signings early. There are a lot of free agents on the market this year. Seems everytime you hear of a big signing, 2/3 more guys are cut.

i think the Jets will get the guys they target all things being equal. They were top 10 in both offense & defense last year, Bowles is well respected, my biggest focus is at LB. With Jets looking at Prince & Adam Jones, Cumby, Kerley, are goners. Jets would have an incredibly versatile secondary, add speed at LB & the defense is set.

With Mario & Malik off the market Mo is the best Dlineman available, doubt anyone gives picks & that contract but nothing surprises me with these idiot owners & GMs.

15 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

clear favorite, as I said earlier, to land Trevathan. He predicted as much during Super Bowl week.

Makes perfect sense. They're installing a 3-4, he's an excellent ILB, and Fox knows him from time in Denver, right?

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

The deal for DL Malik Jackson is 6 years, $90M with $42M guaranteed, source said. So, wow.

Wow is right. It's been nice, Mo. 

The positive spin on this... there are teams willing to grossly overpay for established talent on the DL. So, if Malik can get this in a contract... then there's got to be a team willing to trade picks and pay Mo Wilk similarly.

I see this as something hopefully positive for us.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

The positive spin on this... there are teams willing to grossly overpay for established talent on the DL. So, if Malik can get this in a contract... then there's got to be a team willing to trade picks and pay Mo Wilk similarly.

I agree. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I think if it does happen, it'll happen on draft day. I hope you're right and they choose this option rather than drafting one... lol

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I just want Schwartz at this point, and am optimistic after the Osemele rumor. 

Yea, we need to get something done along the OL. Whether we get Schwartz at OT, or someone like Sweezy at OG... either is going to improve the line.

Gotta keep reminding myself that "big splash" FA signings almost never justify the cost. Having minimal cap room may actually be a blessing in disguise... our money is tied up with players we already have and want, rather than in giving $42m guaranteed to a guy like Malik Jackson. Holy sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Gucking Fiants get Harrison there will be some sourness in here.

for sure, but I'd be happy for him... he'll still be close to his real fans, the Jet fans.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Stupidly, especially since we beat them last year

Beating them last year literally has nothing to do with anything.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

for sure, but I'd be happy for him... he'll still be close to his real fans, the Jet fans.

Beating them last year literally has nothing to do with anything.

Of course it does. Bragging rights, especially since the Giants finished worse than the Jets

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The have agreed on terms with RB Chris Ivory, per source. Deal expected to be worth about $7M/year.

Just what Dallas needs, another injury prone player

lol, this is what I was saying... you don't pay late-career RBs that much money... 

oh well, thanks for the big plays Ivory.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course it does. Bragging rights, especially since the Giants finished worse than the Jets

Has nothing to do with people being sour that a homegrown, excellent player went to a in-state rival. Nothing at all.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Source confirms the are indeed showing interest in TE Martellus Bennett. As things stand would be a trade situation.

The Pack looks like they're going all in

Why would the Bears trade within their own division? Jets should get into this discussion, Martellus would be awesome with Brandon & Eric.

Archived