Comcast \ YES

Maxman

This is starting to scare me. No Yankee baseball on TV. I can't switch from Comcast, I love X1 and I am really happy with the internet speeds. I work from home a lot and I use several comcast emails for personal accounts. So I definitely can't switch.

I hope they get this resolved soon.

Blackout?  I like Comcast as well as I now get NESN and Comcast, but the ridiculous blackout rules grow tiring.  I get actual games being blacked out being so close to Nashville and Memphis, but even the Insider shows are blacked out.

Max, look into Playstation Vue. I think that's the direction we're heading in. The app is on the Amazon Fire as well as the PS3/4, and there are streaming packages available that carry the YES Network. DirecTV is verboten in by our association, and The Fios people won't run their fiber optic up Scenic Rd to our development. 

The Vue streaming is adequate, not quite 1080p. but it'll suffice. At least I can now alternate watching the Yankees in between repeat showings of Winnie the Pooh.

1 hour ago, TaborJet said:

Max, look into Playstation Vue. I think that's the direction we're heading in. The app is on the Amazon Fire as well as the PS3/4, and there are streaming packages available that carry the YES Network. DirecTV is verboten in by our association, and The Fios people won't run their fiber optic up Scenic Rd to our development. 

The Vue streaming is adequate, not quite 1080p. but it'll suffice. At least I can now alternate watching the Yankees in between repeat showings of Winnie the Pooh.

Wow, it is another $40 per month?  https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/?prices#1

Maybe I will just watch Winnie The Pooh. :)

22 hours ago, TaborJet said:

Well, we're keeping Comcast internet but dumping their cable service. We look to save about $80 per month. 

Oh, that is a good plan.

Honestly I just upgraded to X1 and really like it. One DVR, record stuff and watch it anywhere. I am kind of hooked. And kind of screwed. Unless you invite me over to watch some games. :)  I will bring a cooler of water bottles if that sweetens the deal at all lol.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh, that is a good plan.

Honestly I just upgraded to X1 and really like it. One DVR, record stuff and watch it anywhere. I am kind of hooked. And kind of screwed. Unless you invite me over to watch some games. :)  I will bring a cooler of water bottles if that sweetens the deal at all lol.

The water will definitely sweeten the deal. Our daughter loves water, thanks in advance for babysitting!

On 3/17/2016 at 0:23 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Just get the MLB pass. They're offering single-team packages this year.

Doesn't help:

MLB.TV Single Team

Watch a single team's out-of-market regular season games LIVE in full HD.Note: this product will not allow you to view live games of any local (in-market) team.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, it stinks for any fan base not to be able to watch their team, I don't care who it is. The cable companies are monopolies that should not have this much control. The fact that a consumer is not able to bundle the channels that they would prefer, rather than being force fed groups of channels that we don't even watch 80% of, is a crime.

Comcast is a joke.

On 4/4/2016 at 0:19 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Hey, it stinks for any fan base not to be able to watch their team, I don't care who it is. The cable companies are monopolies that should not have this much control. The fact that a consumer is not able to bundle the channels that they would prefer, rather than being force fed groups of channels that we don't even watch 80% of, is a crime.

Comcast is a joke.

Totally agree.

It is brutal not even being able to check the game. And the season just started.

Archived