This waiting game is getting old.

jetsfan719

This waiting game on qb is getting old quick. How long do u guys think this situation is solved and we know who #1 come opening day? Weeks? I feel like the entire thing is in limbo and all lays upon what happens with kapernick.

That being said. How long do you think big mac says the hell with it and pulls the trigger on RG3?

From what i see there is slim to zero chance this coaching staff and management are behind geno at all.

I think mac prefers fitz but rg3 isnt a terrible option either. I wonder if they make a final take it or leave it offer soon?

Whats your thoughts?

*besides "look another fitzpatrick thread"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is really up to Fitz.   I have seen claims that everything will decided by what happens with Kap.   Also have seen claims that all will be decided by what happens with Fitz.  I think it all comes down to does Fitz want to play here or not.  If he does, he needs to lower his asking price.   Who knows...maybe Fitz said to himself, I am getting this payday of $15M or I am retiring.  He is a smart guy...I am sure he has invested his money...so he could say pay me what I want or I'll just wait it out...Don't think the jets are budging.  Mac will move to plan B, C or D if he has to.

I don't see Fitz signing with us. He over played his hand and probably wants to save face. I see him waiting till pre-season. Maybe a QB goes down or a QB plays so bad a team looks for a quick fix. When he was traded to NY he wasn't happy so this was never his place of choice. RG3 is our best bet imo. The system and our weapons made Fitz look good. RG3 can push the ball down field which is what we were missing last year. Marshall and Deck we know about. Forte being a catching RB, good for the underneath stuff, we can send our WRs down field and open this thing up. I think RG3 would look great in this system 

Outside of that atrocious week 17 game he did fairly well (he's always done well under Chan Gailey) - but lets be real, the talent around him is a huge reason he did so well. He gets by on smarts and guts/heart... the guy is a warrior, no doubt about it. I think Bradford was overpaid... and i dont think fitz deserves anything more than 9-10mill per year, at that's at most, should give him something like 7-8 per with performance incentives. Broncos aren't going to pay him... which leaves the Browns if they don't get kaep... but i dont think he would do well in cleveland at all. That's where QBs go to die lol. He's gunna have to eat his pride and take what we give him and be happy he's on a winning team or he can take the money and be on a losing team.... but i don't think he's that kind of guy. 

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Outside of that atrocious week 17 game he did fairly well (he's always done well under Chan Gailey) - but lets be real, the talent around him is a huge reason he did so well. He gets by on smarts and guts/heart... the guy is a warrior, no doubt about it. I think Bradford was overpaid... and i dont think fitz deserves anything more than 9-10mill per year, at that's at most, should give him something like 7-8 per with performance incentives. Broncos aren't going to pay him... which leaves the Browns if they don't get kaep... but i dont think he would do well in cleveland at all. That's where QBs go to die lol. He's gunna have to eat his pride and take what we give him and be happy he's on a winning team or he can take the money and be on a losing team.... but i don't think he's that kind of guy. 

The Jets had an easy schedule,he beat 2 teams with winning records and failed when we needed him the most in a big game sure it was a fun season and he played great,nice guy fun to watch but...........you know the results in the end.  No playoffs ever in his career. Time to move on,next up. 

On April 1st the 49ers have to guarantee 11.9M of Kaepernick's 2016 salary, they are posturing like they are happy to keep Kaep but I think deals should get done before the 1st - so, we have another week or two...

Agree some of the FA QB's will wait until after the draft but that is a dangerous game since they would be waiting for camp injuries or an invitation to compete with a top draft pick... 

Jets are in good company with Geno if the Bronco's going into this with Sanchez, get some more popcorn  

Pretty much what happens when the two previous regimes acted like cowardly little bitches with the last two quarterbacks for six years. They drafted nothing in contingency and attempted to draft nothing when the writing was on the wall, signed nothing realistic in terms of a long-term solution, all when it was patently clear that both guys were not the answer for quarterback. We spent the past five years drafting defensive linemen. The one sliver of mediocrity that we experienced came at the hands of a one-year deal. What exactly did we think was going to happen? Now we're stuck hinging the season on figuring out which one of three quarterbacks is going to suck the least, and good luck with that one.

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Cleveland getting Kaep drops a QB in the draft, maybe Jets draft Wentz :)  we can dream it is the offseason 

The best QB in this draft falling to the Jets.  Now wouldn't that be something .  We would probably pass on him  .

With the Jets it's always something .                    

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty much what happens when the two previous regimes acted like cowardly little bitches with the last two quarterbacks for six years. They drafted nothing in contingency and attempted to draft nothing when the writing was on the wall, signed nothing realistic in terms of a long-term solution, all when it was patently clear that both guys were not the answer for quarterback. We spent the past five years drafting defensive linemen. The one sliver of mediocrity that we experienced came at the hands of a one-year deal. What exactly did we think was going to happen? Now we're stuck hinging the season on figuring out which one of three quarterbacks is going to suck the least, and good luck with that one.

I think that sums it up perfectly. I know we drafted Petty but Mac should of gave Fitz a two year deal knowing what we had at QB. I know thats some arm chair GM sh*t but thats my opinion and we would not be dealing with this crap as Fitz could have been a good #2, especially with Chan.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets had an easy schedule,he beat 2 teams with winning records and failed when we needed him the most in a big game sure it was a fun season and he played great,nice guy fun to watch but...........you know the results in the end.  No playoffs ever in his career. Time to move on,next up. 

Just out of curiosity, do you just cut and paste or do you rewrite this each time?

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So when the Texans handed us Fitzpatrick for a 7th rounder, were we supposed to have the foresight that he'd be looking for $15M a year just one season later?  We were having debates on here all offseason long about how much Fitz actually sucked, and it spilled into the entire season as well even as he was throwing 30+ TD's. Pretty sure Fitz himself didn't think that was going to happen.  He's a stopgap guy, and still hasn't been signed yet.  It's still too early to assume we're heading into camp with just Geno, Petty, and a rookie.

I think Macc has handled the QB situation as well as he possibly could have.  He isn't caving in to the demands of a guy he knows won't be the franchise QB.  Neither are the Super Bowl-winning Broncos.

5 hours ago, jetsjets said:

I don't see Fitz signing with us. He over played his hand and probably wants to save face. I see him waiting till pre-season. Maybe a QB goes down or a QB plays so bad a team looks for a quick fix. When he was traded to NY he wasn't happy so this was never his place of choice. RG3 is our best bet imo. The system and our weapons made Fitz look good. RG3 can push the ball down field which is what we were missing last year. Marshall and Deck we know about. Forte being a catching RB, good for the underneath stuff, we can send our WRs down field and open this thing up. I think RG3 would look great in this system 

Its not him in the system I worry about.  It's the guy backing him up when he go's down.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Kaep ends up in Cleveland

Fitz ends up in Denver

RGIII ends up in cali

Jets end up holding the bag .

Not something it's the same thing .  We don't have a franchise QB.  Good news not a single one on that list. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Kaep ends up in Cleveland

Fitz ends up in Denver

RGIII ends up in cali

Jets end up holding the bag .

Yet a scrub like Geno Smith isn't significantly worse than any of those players

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm with ya, buddy.  I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about Hoyer at the Jet helm.  Really hope I'm wrong, but I just get that vibe.

Anyone who watched Hoyer throw 4 picks and have at least another 4 int's dropped in that playoff game and thinks he should be our qb doesn't deserve to watch sports

Just now, drdetroit said:

Anyone who watched Hoyer throw 4 picks and have at least another 4 int's dropped in that playoff game and thinks he should be our qb doesn't deserve to watch sports

You're not allowing that Fitz would have done the same. We'll never know because he threw 3 picks when trying to just get into the playoffs. Against Buffalo. 

Easy to say he'd have done better when he was on his couch. Just like Hoyer fans could have made that claim - citing his sub-2% int rate - if Hoyer wasn't playing and someone else threw those 4 picks. 

Far better QBs than Fitz have been regular season warriors and paper tigers, who melted in win or go home playoff games. 

19 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Just like we signed Sparano as OC after the fukkin' disaster in Miami?  Kotite?  Brister?  Kellen as starter?  Bollinger (fukking Bollinger!). Actually believing Simms could play in the NFL.  Six hundred other examples of idiocy?  Just accept that you're a Jet fan.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're not allowing that Fitz would have done the same. We'll never know because he threw 3 picks when trying to just get into the playoffs. Against Buffalo. 

Easy to say he'd have done better when he was on his couch. Just like Hoyer fans could have made that claim - citing his sub-2% int rate - if Hoyer wasn't playing and someone else threw those 4 picks. 

Far better QBs than Fitz have been regular season warriors and paper tigers, who melted in win or go home playoff games. 

Forget it.  Let the kid talk.

39 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm with ya, buddy.  I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about Hoyer at the Jet helm.  Really hope I'm wrong, but I just get that vibe.

28 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Hoyer would be the lamest possible move. He's no upgrade, adds nothing to what we already have in Geno and Petty.

Only diff between Hoyer and Petty is Hoyer already proved he doesn't have "it".

Everyone relax, Fitz will be back at three years, 8m per, 13m guaranteed with a 5 mil signing bonus.  This way he can say he got 29m and Jets can have him for two years at around 10m each then cut him with very little dead $$.   Gives Petty another year and/ or the draft pick from 2016 a year to sit and learn.    

Archived