Some film on new Jet Jarvis Jenkins

joerb31

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

I know sacks are the home run of D, but swatting passes is a highly under-rated stat.  Getting to the QB isn't the only way to make a big play.

No doubt about it! This guy has a great motor and is going to make some plays for us.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Glad to see some good reviews of jenkins because when I did some searches on feed back some of these sites were not kind to him at all.

He is a good player! You shouldn't visit those sites anymore!

7 minutes ago, joerb31 said:

He is a good player! You shouldn't visit those sites anymore!

From rotoworld:

Jets signed DE Jarvis Jenkins, formerly of the Bears, to a two-year, $7 million contract.
Turning 28 in April, Jenkins was the 41st overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's fallen well short of expectations associated with that selection, however, managing six sacks across 59 career games (48 starts), and in 2015 grading out 53rd among 57 qualified 3-4 defensive ends in PFF's ratings, routinely getting swallowed up versus the run. Jenkins is mere depth for Gang Green.

Just now, Beerfish said:

From rotoworld:

Jets signed DE Jarvis Jenkins, formerly of the Bears, to a two-year, $7 million contract.
Turning 28 in April, Jenkins was the 41st overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's fallen well short of expectations associated with that selection, however, managing six sacks across 59 career games (48 starts), and in 2015 grading out 53rd among 57 qualified 3-4 defensive ends in PFF's ratings, routinely getting swallowed up versus the run. Jenkins is mere depth for Gang Green.

Don't look at PFF for everything they had Kyle Wilson as one of there top corners.. I know Jenkins struggled earlier in his career but I look strictly at his 2015 tap

• 3 months later...

Having a good motor is one of the most important things for a defensive lineman. D-line snaps are at premium in the NFL with all of the substitutions that defensive units make in the NFL. If a guy is going to take plays off, then the team would be better off subbing him out. It's nice to see that Jenkins has that. 

With all of that being said, I still need to see improvements in other areas of his game. 

Archived