Time for some grilling

Maxman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not sure what that word means lol. They were boiled first. 

lol  Nothing fancy; just means light/white in color.  Now that you say they were boiled, it makes sense.  

In the future, I would encourage you not to boil sausage or ribs before cooking.  Yes, it's easier, and no flare ups, but you boil away much of the pork's flavor.  Just start them on low fire and keep turning them until they reach a safe temperture of 155-160 degrees.  They'll taste better.

22 hours ago, joebabyny said:

You Irish people have no idea how to cook. DO NOT BOIL!

Can't wait until I have time to spend all week planning meals out. I think they call that retirement.

On 4/9/2016 at 11:47 AM, munchmemory said:

lol  Nothing fancy; just means light/white in color.  Now that you say they were boiled, it makes sense.  

In the future, I would encourage you not to boil sausage or ribs before cooking.  Yes, it's easier, and no flare ups, but you boil away much of the pork's flavor.  Just start them on low fire and keep turning them until they reach a safe temperture of 155-160 degrees.  They'll taste better.

I hear you and I agree.  This was Easter though, so we kept the focus on where it should be, Church. That meant everyone was coming back to our house right after. So we opted for the quickest way to have the food ready. :)

54 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So last year I bought an immersion circulator because Joe's photos always make me spend money and it has significantly decreased my grill usage. I fire it up for searing but I can't even do a steak fully on the grill anymore, it's just not even in the same stratosphere.

HAHA, it is a pretty cool kitchen tool. I think if you buy a real deal smoker you will be using it constantly. We have to get you off the electric smoker! I A/B taste tested some ribs prepped and seasoned the same with one on a full on commercial cookshack electric, there is a huge difference.

Did you see that new weber that came out last week, the Summit Charcoal grill? It is a competitor to the Big Green Egg and those ceramic kamados. Lots of sticker shock at first but I am starting to hear some great things about it. If I wasn't spending my money on stuff I can use for my events then I would have one already.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Maxman said:

Can't wait until I have time to spend all week planning meals out. I think they call that retirement.

Did you really boil them? Lol stick to designing web sites and your full time job.

• 1 month later...

Archived