The 2016 Red Sox anywhere from first to worst thread.

PFSIKH

ZIp (something from ESPN) projected the Sox to be 84-78.  That seems about right. 

Price is good enough to swing the Sox from under .500 to slightly over.

With Swihart, Bogaerts and Betts, have a nice foundation for the next 10 years.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I am much more optimistic about this season than I was the last two. AL East is wide open. They have a chance for sure. 

Same here.

I think with Price at the top (and healthy knock on wood) we should contend all year.

1-0

On 4/4/2016 at 7:01 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I am much more optimistic about this season than I was the last two. AL East is wide open. They have a chance for sure. 

No one is that great, and no one is really that bad (barring injuries)

17 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I dont think the rotation is such a sure thing for the Sox after Price. But the bullpen is greatly improved and the offense is steller. Still as a Yankee fan I can only hope they **** up and screw the pooch.

It is not. 

They are what they are....they will be good.  they will be bad...they will be meh.

36 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I just wish I'd never heard the name Yoan Moncada. If I have to hear another Yankee fan bitch about that guy I'm gunna puke.

Just reply with Rusney Castillo.

8 hours ago, WWWWombat said:

ZiPS is usually a solid baseline.  I like the lineup and the pen but the rotation after Price is very meh.

And then today happened.

Felger and Mazz were losing their sh*t over Price.  It is two starts.  If he has a 5.73 ERA in May and June then lose your sh*t.

12 hours ago, WWWWombat said:

Yeah well, they're freaking trolls with a sports talk show.

They are.

They find the pulse of New England and then have the polar opposite opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Could you imagine this team if David Price actually starts to pitch well?

I know right. 

How precarious is the Sox position when they are relying on a knuckleballer and Rick Porcello?  Yikes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, GimmeShelter said:

The young bats on this team continue to amaze. Collectively they are the best in baseball right now.

They had a nice corps to build around.   We will see if they can develop some of their pitching prospects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was randomly checking 2015 draft players....Andrew Benintendi is going to be an absolute hit in Boston when he gets there. Guy has a cartoonish 9% K rate this year and is the kind of LHH that will thrive with the Green Monster, maybe as soon as late this season. 

That makes up for Bradley Jr. predictably coming back down to earth after his video game May. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley Jr. used as a significant piece for a Sonny Gray or some SP along those lines. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, SenorGato said:

Was randomly checking 2015 draft players....Andrew Benintendi is going to be an absolute hit in Boston when he gets there. Guy has a cartoonish 9% K rate this year and is the kind of LHH that will thrive with the Green Monster, maybe as soon as late this season. 

That makes up for Bradley Jr. predictably coming back down to earth after his video game May. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley Jr. used as a significant piece for a Sonny Gray or some SP along those lines

That is what I am thinking. 

His consistent inconsistency is driving down his value.

18 hours ago, Blackout said:

Ortiz* just hit a bomb

must've gotten his new shipment....or stolen Alex's and done two cycles lol

I think Beltran is the Yankee hookup now.

Not the biggest fan of Fantasy BB site prospect lists as they completely ignore defense but was impressed nonetheless to see that the RSox still have multiple highly ranked kids in the pipeline considering the success of Betts, Bradley and Bogaerts.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/fantasy-baseball-top-25-prospects-midseason-edition/

Sox got Pomeranz. If he can give solid, consistent innings the Sox should be favorites in the AL. Worried about DD giving up too much  though. 

Edit:

Heard the Drew Pomeranz deal may be for Anderson Espinoza straight up. Espinoza, 18, is Baseball America's 15th-best prospect.

Jesus Dumbrowski hates prospects and building for the future. Terrible trade. 

Espinoza is overrated but Pomeranz was a cooler buy when teams weren't paying anything to land him the past few years. I think this trade will get more pub than it deserves, and I expect overall the Red Sox will win this deal. 

Michael Kopech is the pitching prospect Red Sox fans should be excited about, and even then **** pitching prospects. 

On 7/14/2016 at 5:55 PM, SenorGato said:

Espinoza is overrated but Pomeranz was a cooler buy when teams weren't paying anything to land him the past few years. I think this trade will get more pub than it deserves, and I expect overall the Red Sox will win this deal. 

Michael Kopech is the pitching prospect Red Sox fans should be excited about, and even then **** pitching prospects. 

RSN are making him the second coming of Pedro.

Hopefully, Pomeranz is finally figuring things out and can continue to pitch well.  I was  a lot happier to see he had AL time.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

RSN are making him the second coming of Pedro.

Hopefully, Pomeranz is finally figuring things out and can continue to pitch well.  I was  a lot happier to see he had AL time.

Yeah, and prospect fanatics on the internet took it and ran with it. He left that track this year with mediocre numbers in the minors so in a sense, this trade might be the best thing to ever happen to his career. Undoubtedly RSN would have turned on him as he proved to be a mere mortal rather than a future HOF. In SD he has a chance to mature without that kind of pressure and maybe even become a very good SP in time, at his own pace.

Archived