Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

2016-17 NCAA Basketball Thread

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

It's great to have fans.

a few things I know for sure:

UNCW will never make a FF

afosomf is living in his mom's basement

nj meadowlands is a frontrunner.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's great to have fans.

a few things I know for sure:

UNCW will never make a FF

afosomf is living in his mom's basement

nj meadowlands is a frontrunner.

the so few really good UNC fans that may exist cringe at every condescending post you make. You are the biggest fraud on this MB. 

11 minutes ago, afosomf said:

the so few really good UNC fans that may exist cringe at every condescending post you make. You are the biggest fraud on this MB. 

says the guy who makes an excuse every time Carolina wins and posts nothing but fraudulent info regarding UNC.

We already know what a fraud you are, it's been proven.

haha, our worst posters on the board ganging up on me.  Mildly amusing.  when someone who knows their stuff comes after me then it will bother me(a little),

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

says the guy who makes an excuse every time Carolina wins and posts nothing but fraudulent info regarding UNC.

We already know what a fraud you are, it's been proven.

what exactly has UNC won  lmao?   Punishments are a coming asshat

1 minute ago, afosomf said:

what exactly has UNC won  lmao?   Punishments are a coming asshat

"wins" doesn't mean championships but they did win the ACC reg season title, ACC postseason title and East regional this season.

There won't be anything coming, they have been punished enough for something they didn't do.  They have already killed recruiting and stolen a championship from them, that is more than enough. Lucky for you the school you root for is private or that 2010 banner would be down already among others.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

"wins" doesn't mean championships but they did win the ACC reg season title, ACC postseason title and East regional this season.

There won't be anything coming, they have been punished enough for something they didn't do.  They have already killed recruiting and stolen a championship from them, that is more than enough. Lucky for you the school you root for is private or that 2010 banner would be down already among others.

LMAO fly those banners high mon

you know what is funny, in the NBA as soon as Colangelo went to Philly they wanted to make sure he didn't have any edge from USA basketball but in college no one did a thing about the HUGE advantages gained by K and USA basketball.

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Best post ever. 

is there anyone dumber than you?  all 3 of you guys act similar, something tells me that isn't a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes. See the guy who said ""wins" doesn't mean championships"

go back and look at the context of the quote greenwich/nj/absomof

Duke will coast to a national championship if 4 things happen:  (i) Allen returns; (ii) Jefferson gets a medical redshirt; (iii) Giles is 100%; and (iv) Bolden signs.  So far 2 of the 4 have happened.  We should find out about Bolden shortly. 

11 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Duke will coast to a national championship if 4 things happen:  (i) Allen returns; (ii) Jefferson gets a medical redshirt; (iii) Giles is 100%; and (iv) Bolden signs.  So far 2 of the 4 have happened.  We should find out about Bolden shortly. 

it is never easy winning w/ freshman, they will be the favorite but I wouldn't say they will coast to anything.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it is never easy winning w/ freshman, they will be the favorite but I wouldn't say they will coast to anything.

Agreed, there is always the "any given Sunday" possibility in a one-game elimination format, and even 2015 Kentucky lost in the tourney, despite having multiple 1st round picks and future NBA all-stars on the roster.  

8 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Agreed, there is always the "any given Sunday" possibility in a one-game elimination format, and even 2015 Kentucky lost in the tourney, despite having multiple 1st round picks and future NBA all-stars on the roster.  

and it's tough w/ mostly freshman.  Uk has mostly been the most talented team in the Country since Cal went to UK and they have 1 title(and if Kendall Marshall doesn't get hurt they may not have that one).  Duke is definitely the favorite though.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

and it's tough w/ mostly freshman.  Uk has mostly been the most talented team in the Country since Cal went to UK and they have 1 title(and if Kendall Marshall doesn't get hurt they may not have that one).  Duke is definitely the favorite though.

Especially if Bolden signs (but maybe even if he doesn't), this will be the deepest Duke team in recent memory, with a very nice mix of veterans and freshman.  Of course, Coach K will still find a way to keep the rotation to 8 (my biggest pet peeve about his post-Wojo/Langdon coaching career) and drive Jeter and maybe Thornton to other schools.   

11 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Especially if Bolden signs (but maybe even if he doesn't), this will be the deepest Duke team in recent memory, with a very nice mix of veterans and freshman.  Of course, Coach K will still find a way to keep the rotation to 8 (my biggest pet peeve about his post-Wojo/Langdon coaching career) and drive Jeter and maybe Thornton to other schools.   

K doesn't like deep, there will be many unhappy players not getting PT they think they deserve.

Just now, nyjunc said:

K doesn't like deep, there will be many unhappy players not getting PT they think they deserve.

Yep -- it drives me crazy.  Gbinije is one of the latest examples and there will be others this year, no doubt.