2016 NY Jets Schedule: Merged

T0mShane

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Better sign Fitzpatrick tonight, I don't want to pay my season ticket invoice for a 1-5 start and the Jets have less than three weeks to get my money.

And does anyone care about the season ticket holders in all this?  I'm not naive, but...

Only 3 home games before mid-November?

Back-to-back 8:30 PM home games both on school nights?

3 freezing cold home night games in 4 weeks all at 8:30 PM after Thanksgiving?

This is the worst home schedule for ticket holders that I have ever seen in my 33 years of being a season ticket holder.  Furious.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Better sign Fitzpatrick tonight, I don't want to pay my season ticket invoice for a 1-5 start and the Jets have less than three weeks to get my money.

And does anyone care about the season ticket holders in all this?  I'm not naive, but...

How does Woody Johnson accept a schedule like this?  Bad enough it's a competitive nightmare and borderline unfair; it's brutal for the season ticket paying fanbase.

SAR I

Not happy about the 3 prime time games in November and December.  I will flip those as soon as I upgrade my seat location - if something good pops up.

The Jets will need to get out of the first 6 games at 3-3. IF we get some quarterback play I don't see why anybody would think that we can't beat Cincinnati (bad offseason, lost a lot of talent), Buffalo, Seattle (in our house), Kansas City. Pittsburgh and Arizona are very good to great football teams next season and we're on the road against them so I understand the negativity there.

At first glance the schedule looks terrible... but the Jets were a 10-6 football team last year who really started to hit their stride after the midway mark. There's no reason why we can't continue some upward climb with Bowles at the helm.

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

Not happy about the 3 prime time games in November and December.  I will flip those as soon as I upgrade my seat location - if something good pops up.

I'll probably go to one of those 3 late season night games and sell off the other two.  This is the most atrocious schedule I have ever seen for ticket holders.  This schedule is historically horrible.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll probably go to one of those 3 late season night games and sell off the other two.  This is the most atrocious schedule I have ever seen for ticket holders.  This schedule is historically horrible.

Sell those games early in the season.  You wait you may take a bath given the difficult schedule.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just curious why are night games so ill favored for most here, takes a long time to get home after the game and work and school days the next day?

Sunday, Thursday and Monday night games are horrible for people who work, kids who have school and humans in general.  I am a Sunday game day guy all the way.  After Thanksgiving, any night games in NY are awful for people who like to tailgate too. Not enough time to get home from work, change and set up a tailgate to enjoy.  Too rushed.   I don't mind them once in a while, but to have THREE night games after Thanksgiving is just ridiculous.  

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

How does Woody Johnson accept a schedule like this?  Bad enough it's a competitive nightmare and borderline unfair; it's brutal for the season ticket paying fanbase.

SAR I

I will definitely give you that! Season ticket holders should be holding Woodys feet to the fire if he doesn't complain about that schedule, especially regarding you fans that go to these games. It's a really sh*tty schedule, team wise & fan wise, not that I don't think with Fitz we couldn't compete but you guys pay a lot of money for STs & that schedule sucks for fans with children & JOBS,LOL.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Predicting any games before this team is settled at QB or has a draft or any of the teams endure mini-camps and injuries is a fool's errand. So much can happen between now and the Cinci game.

Good point because the Jets are really poised to find a difference maker at QB in April. 

Just now, JiF said:

Good point because the Jets are really poised to find a difference maker at QB in April. 

The Jets got Fitz in March of last year and went from a 2-5 win team and ended up winning 10 games. Not much difference between March and April, especially with the draft still to come. No difference makers were ever found in a draft or in a draft day trade.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets got Fitz in March of last year and went from a 2-5 win team and ended up winning 10 games. Not much difference between March and April, especially with the draft still to come. No difference makers were ever found in a draft or in a draft day trade.

You're funny.

This team won 10 games even with Fitz at QB last year.  That's says a lot about the coaches and the team as a whole.  

Even with the harder schedule, we're probably getting at least 7 wins.  And that's figuring we don't upgrade the QB play at all.  If Macc and Bowels can figure a way to improve our QB, which shouldn't be hard, we'll be playoff contenders.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

This team won 10 games even with Fitz at QB last year.  That's says a lot about the coaches and the team as a whole.  

Even with the harder schedule, we're probably getting at least 7 wins.  And that's figuring we don't upgrade the QB play at all.  If Macc and Bowels can figure a way to improve our QB, which shouldn't be hard, we'll be playoff contenders.

And yet, the Jets have yet to do that for decades which led to Fitz having the statistically the best Jets season for a QB ever in 2015. There isn't much out there, right now, that's going to improve the QB situation over Fitz when you consider all of the factors.

Everyone here is judging the schedule by last year, and as we all know every team is different each year. Seattle has been losing players since their SB win and the Niners are terrible. Baltimore is not what they used to be and Cincy - while no pushover - is not overwhelmingly better than the Jets. Indy is a win for us, Buffalo WILL NOT sweep the Jets again and the Jets WILL sweep Miami and split with NE. I can see another 10-6 mark as long as Fitz comes back. With him Forte will be a pass receiving threat as well as a chain mover. KC might not have Justin Houston all season and Alex Smith scares no one as a QB. The biggest mistake Mac is making is holding on to Mo Wilkerson for outrageous dollars. He is the reason the Jets have zero manuverability with FA's.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And yet, the Jets have yet to do that for decades which led to Fitz having the statistically the best Jets season for a QB ever in 2015. There isn't much out there, right now, that's going to improve the QB situation over Fitz when you consider all of the factors.

That's scary.  Of course I believe a better option already exists on the team, even though I know most don't agree.

Stats?  Eh it's sad, but last year was the first time in a long time the Jets had the combination of coaches, weapons and a competent QB that allowed them to take advantage of the "new NFL".  It really has been over a decade since we've been close to that.  And we all know the NFL is very different now.  It's why you can't compare Brady or Peyton to Montana and Elway.  If you're not breaking passing/receiving records in today's NFL, you're doing it wrong.

I'd bet 75% of all QBs in this league would have had similar stats to Fitz last year given the team around him and our schedule.

It's why I'm so freakin against paying him decent money.  Put the names of every NFL QB in a hat.  All QBs, starters and backups and 3rd stringers.  Pick one out.  You have a 75% chance we find a QB just as good as Fitz.  Hell of a lot cheaper too.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

4 wins sounds about right.

Hysteria will ensue.

They'll fail to find a QB.  

Follow up this season with a 6 win year in 2017.

Bowles and Mac get fired.

And we start all over again.

Go Jets!!!!

I'd settle for 4 wins if it lands us a top 2 pick...

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I had been saying earlier today that I prefer night games in September since the sun and heat can at times be brutal but 1 pm games in November and December are great.  Somehow the reverse happened.  This could be a brutal end of the season for STHs if we are 3-8 going week 12 against the Patriots.  Only positive is that game would get flexed out of Sunday night football but I doubt that even happens either. 

Anyone making any road trips?  I'm strongly looking into Kansas City.  Anyone ever been?  Recommendations?

I did KC 2 years ago.  Great time.  Highly recommended.

This team maxes out at 6 wins this season.  If they turn to Petty after a brutal first half of the season, we could be staring at 4 wins.  While I don't ever root for the Jets to lose, having a top 5 pick next year wouldn't be a bad payoff for a brutal 2016,

Oh, our schedule is absolute sh*t... I don't mind playing good teams, but the timing and logistics side of it is AWFUL. Do owners have a chance to reject this stuff? Why would Woody accept this ... for his team or his customers. 

Curious if Woody made any schedule requests to the NFL like owners can do.

Phins requested their first two games this year (and got royally screwed) be on the road due to stadium renovations and a couple years ago Kraft requested back to back west coast games to only make one trip.

Woody should have requested only one 4:30 or 8:30 home game after Thanksgiving. Jets STH really got screwed this year.

33 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'd settle for 4 wins if it lands us a top 2 pick...

Oh hell yeah.  Let Fitz kick rocks.  Roll with Geno or Petty, ride or die.  They either show up and we have a future or they dont and we tank and draft Watson.

I'm all for it.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh hell yeah.  Let Fitz kick rocks.  Roll with Geno or Petty, ride or die.  They either show up and we have a future or they dont and we tank and draft Watson.

I'm all for it.

100%.

At this point, I would not trade up for a QB and I would not resign Fitz.  This schedule looks brutal and we need to stop being just good enough to not get the QB we need... Add talent we want for the long haul, ditch Revis after next year, ditch Harris, get a top prospect QB, and start meaningfully competing.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Just curious why are night games so ill favored for most here, takes a long time to get home after the game and work and school days the next day?

8:30 starts are just too late.   I know the networks won't put up with a 7 or 7:30 start like the NHL and NBA.

Not into getting home at 2AM from a football game.

Heck, the guy that sits next to me takes a bus in from the North Fork of Long Island to come to games. 3 hours in and 3 hours back.

He'll get home just in time for IHOP opening at the crack of dawn.

Just now, gEYno said:

100%.

At this point, I would not trade up for a QB and I would not resign Fitz.  This schedule looks brutal and we need to stop being just good enough to not get the QB we need... Add talent we want for the long haul, ditch Revis after next year, ditch Harris, get a top prospect QB, and start meaningfully competing.

Pretty much the spot on plan, if you ask me.  Revis is retired, let him be retired on another team.  Harris might be the most overpaid player in the NFL that's not playing QB.  

This draft needs to be a success because as of right now, they netted 2 players in the last draft and 1 in the prior.  That's pretty much a recipe for disaster that typically sets a franchise back a few years.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), we're going to feel the lack of drafted/developed talent this year.  You just have to hope by next year, we see some draftees playing serious minutes and making significant impacts because this teams foundation is old. Very old. 

I can see that for sure, I live out west in canada so I don't have to deal with late times that often the latest local CFL games go here are 7:30 usually earlier and Edmonton not being a huge city it is easy to get out and get home with not too much fuss.

Archived