BREAKING NEWS: Prince, 57, dies at Minnesota estate

LockeJET

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0421-prince-getty-01Someone has died at Prince's estate in Minnesota.

Authorities responded to a medical emergency at his Paisley Park studio on Thursday morning. The Carver County Sheriff's department in Chanhassen, Minnesota tells TMZ there has been a fatality, and they're notifying next of kin.

According to the Sheriff's dept ... deputies responded to Paisley Park at 9:43 AM.

0421-prince-swipe-tmz-01As TMZ first reported ... Prince was briefly hospitalized in Moline, IL. His private jet made an emergency landing there after 1 AM Friday.

His people told us the 57-year-old had been battling a bad bout of flu.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-medical-emergency-paisley-park/#ixzz46TxvlJGQ

RIP Prince. 

Very underrated and talented guitar player, and one of the only worthy Super Bowl halftime performers of the last several years. 

The stuff he did to piss off his record company and the media was legendary. 

debeacafcd0f62a70642622316721ee395e7df34

Wow.  Another huge loss.  Saw him twice in the 80s.  Guy played guitar, drums, and piano/keyboards like a virtuoso.  Complete badass on stage, with an incredible voice and energy.  Best shows I ever saw from a performance perspective.  Prince will always be remembered as an incredible musical genius, songwriter and showman.

What a brutal year for music icons.

2 of my all time favorite, greatest singer/song writer/musicians the world has ever known in Bowie and now Prince.

Prince ripped the guitar, blazed the piano, wrote timeless songs not only for himself but for many others as well.  

A sex symbol, the dude was swimming in so much pussy everyone thought he was one.  haha

**** man...this sucks!

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

What a brutal year for music icons.

2 of my all time favorite, greatest singer/song writer/musicians the world has ever known in Bowie and now Prince.

Prince ripped the guitar, blazed the piano, wrote timeless songs not only for himself but for many others as well.  

A sex symbol, the dude was swimming in so much pussy everyone thought he was one.  haha

**** man...this sucks!

His guitar playing was shockingly great.  Could fly up and down the fretboard for rock cuts, or play with soul/feeling for ballads or jazz.  What a musician.  And one of his girlfriends, the late Vanity, is one of my all time hotties.  What a goddess.

What sucks is that you can find very little of his music on YouTube to post.  It's how he wanted it.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

His guitar playing was shockingly great.  Could fly up and down the fretboard for rock cuts, or play with soul/feeling for ballads or jazz.  What a musician.  And one of his girlfriends, the late Vanity, is one of my all time hotties.  What a goddess.

What sucks is that you can find very little of his music on YouTube to post.  It's how he wanted it.

Yep...he took down all the streaming stuff.  Cant find him on Spotify.  Luckily, I own basically his entire catalog of music. 

Dude did it all at an elite level. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep...he took down all the streaming stuff.  Cant find him on Spotify.  Luckily, I own basically his entire catalog of music. 

Dude did it all at an elite level. 

Yeah, I have almost all his material too.  What a talent.

For me, this one goes down as one of the most underrated records ever.  Just massive.

61MZDe3RNaL.jpg

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

There isnt a whole lot on youtube to post and show respect but I found this epic video of Prince and MJ jumping on stage at a James Brown show.  Prince just flat out gets weird and its awesome!!!!

In his funk arrangements and overall vibe, you can see how much Prince idolized James.  Never saw that clip.  Thanks.

Just now, munchmemory said:

In his funk arrangements and overall vibe, you can see how much Prince idolized James.  Never saw that clip.  Thanks.

No doubt.  Especially when he starts getting into his dancing.  You know that was straight up influenced by James. 

52 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

My favorite quote about him was from Pete Townshend when Purple Rain dropped. He said as long as that guy is making music we're all gonna be just fine.

Archived