BREAKING NEWS: Prince, 57, dies at Minnesota estate

LockeJET

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous talent.  Loved everything he ever did and he is actually solely responsible for Crusher learning to lie to woman.  True story.  1982 i was in tenth grade back in the day people wore those ceramic band button on jean jackets and the such.  So one of the just exceptional young ladies in my high school came walking down the hall with her walkman, ear phones and Prince button..  I saw her and noticed how she was enjoying the tunes and had this sexy little jiggle sway to her. So sexy. She came up to me and said, "Hey Sal!!", Took her ear phones off and asked me if I liked Prince. Honestly? Never heard of him.  She turned one of her earphones to me and put her arm around me and kinda rocked with me a bit. Closest I ever got to her, ever.  I then turned to her and said, "Hell yeah, love me some Prince, thats my boy!!!"  Had no idea who he was. None zero. She gave me a nice hug and even little hip bop and put her earphones on and kept jamming walking away. Never came near me again but we always had that moment. Bought 1999 that same day and been a fan ever since.  Thank you Prince.  RIP MAN.

1 hour ago, billybroome said:

What's crazy is he died on my birthday, and we both were born in '58.

Prince sauntered on into our 100,000 post thread, saw all the hard, commendable work that you put in, and died from a massive exodus of blood from his heart to his magical, suede penis.

Congratulations.

Happy Birthday, Bengal Buddy! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Prince sauntered on into our 100,000 post thread, saw all the hard, commendable work that you put in, and died from a massive exodus of blood from his heart to his magical, suede penis.

Congratulations.

Happy Birthday, Bengal Buddy! :lol:

Why thanks Spoot. I do what i can.

So Sad.  Taken too young, just one of the most special, iconic musicians to ever live.  Everyone knows the famous Eric Clapton anecdote about Prince, but once Eric Clapton was asked what it felt like to be the greatest guitar player alive?  He answered, I don't know, go ask Prince.  RIP

This one, Bowie and Philip Seymour Hoffman are the three that really hurt.  Saw Prince three times; forget the name of the first tour, but saw him on One Nite Alone and his Musicology tour, just brilliant.  His One Nite Alone tour, where it was just him and the piano, god damn.  Saw both Prince and Ray Charles in 2002, was probably the best musical year of my life. 

For the longest time one of my biggest musical regrets was that I would never be able to see Prince before his Jehovah's Witness era, because I figured that I never would hear Darling Nikki or Little Red Corvette. Well, on August 19th 2004, my Mother surprised me with a floor seat (the kind they fold out and place feet from the stage) ticket to see one of my idols, instead of attending orientation to my Freshman year of college and I witnessed the single greatest concert of my life...oh, and he played Little Red Corvette.

Whole Band

Musicology
Let's Go Crazy
I Would Die 4 U
When Doves Cry
Baby I'm a Star
Shhh
D.M.S.R.
A Love Bizarre - (Sheila E. cover) (Instrumental)
The Glamorous Life - (Sheila E. cover) (Instrumental)
I Feel for You
Controversy
What a Wonderful World 0 (Louis Armstrong cover)
Sometimes It Snows in April

Solo guitar set:
Little Red Corvette
Peach
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Cream
Alphabet St.
Raspberry Beret
Pop Life
Sign “☮” the Times
Whole Lotta Love 0 (Led Zeppelin cover)
Let's Work
Lopsy Lu - (Stanley Clarke cover)
U Got the Look
Life 'O' the Party
Knock on Wood - (Eddie Floyd cover)
Kiss
Take Me With U

Encore:
The Beautiful Ones
Nothing Compares 2 U
Purple Rain

iframe>No idea how to imbed these random sites. 

Raspberry Beret >>>

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8305118/prince_raspberry_beret/

Adore: One Nite Alone. Just him and a Piano. Jesus. 

iframe>http://video.naij.com/view=yy3w4s7e&ref=search_redirect&autoplay=1

Wanna be your lover

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15zj5c_prince-i-wanna-be-your-lover-official-video_music

15 hours ago, JiF said:

Question his guitar playing chops?  3:35 on...just simply ridiculous.

I was going to post this if nobody else did. This is considered probably the greatest musical moment in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction history. It is something that a song written by a great songwriter like George Harrison, a solo recorded in studio by Eric Clapton, could be improved upon, and Prince did that by a country mile. Then he throws the f##king guitar up into the air and it disappears like magic, WTF!!!

9 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

For the longest time one of my biggest musical regrets was that I would never be able to see Prince before his Jehovah's Witness era, because I figured that I never would hear Darling Nikki or Little Red Corvette. Well, on August 19th 2004, my Mother surprised me with a floor seat (the kind they fold out and place feet from the stage) ticket to see one of my idols, instead of attending orientation to my Freshman year of college and I witnessed the single greatest concert of my life...oh, and he played Little Red Corvette.

Whole Band

Musicology
Let's Go Crazy
I Would Die 4 U
When Doves Cry
Baby I'm a Star
Shhh
D.M.S.R.
A Love Bizarre - (Sheila E. cover) (Instrumental)
The Glamorous Life - (Sheila E. cover) (Instrumental)
I Feel for You
Controversy
What a Wonderful World 0 (Louis Armstrong cover)
Sometimes It Snows in April

Solo guitar set:
Little Red Corvette
Peach
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Cream
Alphabet St.
Raspberry Beret
Pop Life
Sign “☮” the Times
Whole Lotta Love 0 (Led Zeppelin cover)
Let's Work
Lopsy Lu - (Stanley Clarke cover)
U Got the Look
Life 'O' the Party
Knock on Wood - (Eddie Floyd cover)
Kiss
Take Me With U

Encore:
The Beautiful Ones
Nothing Compares 2 U
Purple Rain

What a fukkin' set list.  Artists work their whole careers to have maybe one or two of those hits.  Prince had them in bushels.  I got goose bumps reading "The Beautiful Ones" was one of the encore songs.

So, I was watching, I cant remember what...might have been NLFN last night and they were  covering the Prince SB Half Time show and I cant find this anywhere but apparently his post game presser was just pure genius.  

He had the whole band on a stage at the press conference and opened up with something like "I never do this but I'm going to allow you all to ask questions".  And then the second someone from the press asked a question, he turned to his drummer and start playing a song.  lmfao.  And apparently instead of actually doing a press conference he played a longer set than he did at the Half Time show.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So, I was watching, I cant remember what...might have been NLFN last night and they were  covering the Prince SB Half Time show and I cant find this anywhere but apparently his post game presser was just pure genius.  

He had the whole band on a stage at the press conference and opened up with something like "I never do this but I'm going to allow you all to ask questions".  And then the second someone from the press asked a question, he turned to his drummer and start playing a song.  lmfao.  And apparently instead of actually doing a press conference he played a longer set than he did at the Half Time show.

Amazing

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Sucks if this is true.  Over the years, I had heard that he was in pain from chronic knee/ankle injuries and hip replacement surgery.

from dancing in high heels i believe.. who'd a thunk it

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

In my almost ten year history here, I've never neg-repped a single person, but you sir, can go f*ck yourself. 

This is the lounge my understanding is almost anything goes here this is a joke directed at Powpow. 

You GFY and I bet you will enjoy it.

Archived