BREAKING NEWS: Prince, 57, dies at Minnesota estate

LockeJET

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

In my almost ten year history here, I've never neg-repped a single person, but you sir, can go f*ck yourself. 

Earth takes Bowie and Prince from us and we have to still share the planet with this wet fart of a person. If there was any case to be made against the existence of a god I'd say this about does it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I never once said anything that would be considered over the line about a dead person. The post is based on Powpows mention of wearing purple. 

What the hell is up with you guys, go get laid. 

Only you could try to defend such an imbecilic rationalization.  :Ban:

20 hours ago, joebabyny said:

I was going to post this if nobody else did. This is considered probably the greatest musical moment in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction history. It is something that a song written by a great songwriter like George Harrison, a solo recorded in studio by Eric Clapton, could be improved upon, and Prince did that by a country mile. Then he throws the f##king guitar up into the air and it disappears like magic, WTF!!!

Wow thank u that was ****in Amazin!!!!

On 4/22/2016 at 6:28 AM, joebabyny said:

I was going to post this if nobody else did. This is considered probably the greatest musical moment in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction history. It is something that a song written by a great songwriter like George Harrison, a solo recorded in studio by Eric Clapton, could be improved upon, and Prince did that by a country mile. Then he throws the f##king guitar up into the air and it disappears like magic, WTF!!!

the look on the young kids face (looks just like george)  and pettys, tells it all

they are just so amazed and thrilled by what they are seeing they can only smile

21 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Amazing

TIGHT!

Never realized he was such an accomplished guitarist.

Never really followed Prince.... a little to "exotic" for my tastes.

For a freaking press conference no less! That just plain awesome. 4 song set...lol!

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

TIGHT!

For a fraking press conference no less! That just plain awesome.

There are tons of phenomenal Prince tunes and solos.  Go listen to the guitar break in "Let's Go Crazy" from Purple Rain.  Blistering, funky, and goose bump inducing.  A classic.

2:05 in the video below.  Enjoy.  I only wish the break was longer.

EDIT:  Oops.  Hang in for the guitar madness at the end of the song.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

There are tons of phenomenal Prince tunes and solos.  Go listen to the guitar break in "Let's Go Crazy" from Purple Rain.  Blistering, funky, and goose bump inducing.  A classic.

2:05 in the video below.  Enjoy.  I only wish the break was longer.

Appelonia is the only thing I found "GooseBump" inducing! I'll stick with Page, Townsend, Hendricks and the like. :D

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Appelonia is the only thing I found "GooseBump" inducing! I'll stick with Page, Townsend, Hendricks and the like. :D

lol  If you could design "my type", it would be her.  Those gorgeous dark looks and curves are breathtaking.  I made my wife (girlfriend at the time) crazy back then always talking about Appolonia.

You really don't dig that solo?    I put in an edit for you to listen to the outro.  Prince could play.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

lol  If you could design "my type", it would be her.  Those gorgeous dark looks and curves are breathtaking.  I made my wife (girlfriend at the time) crazy back then always talking about Appolonia.

You really don't dig that solo?    I put in an edit for you to listen to the outro.  Prince could play.

I am impressed by his talent. Love guitarists who don't have to look at their finger placements.... guys obviously a natural.

Just grew up with the heavy pounding thumpers/drug addicts. Prince came after my impressionable years. I can see why you like his style. A shame to lose these guys

Never realized he was a few years older than me. 

40 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I am impressed by his talent. Love guitarists who don't have to look at their finger placements.... guys obviously a natural.

Just grew up with the heavy pounding thumpers/drug addicts. Prince came after my impressionable years. I can see why you like his style. A shame to lose these guys

Never realized he was a few years older than me. 

Yeah, that's me, too.  I'm actually a few years older than Prince (oh, God why?).  My heroes are like yours; Page, Pete, Clapton, plus folks like Alvin Lee, Iommi, Leslie West, Duane, and a whole bunch more.  But, I will tell you that I heard a Prince song on the radio way back when (probably "Controversy") and was impressed with his guitar "gunslinger" ethic throughout his career.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, that's me, too.  I'm actually a few years older than Prince (oh, God why?).  My heroes are like yours; Page, Pete, Clapton, plus folks like Alvin Lee, Iommi, Leslie West, Duane, and a whole bunch more.  But, I will tell you that I heard a Prince song on the radio way back when (probably "Controversy") and was impressed with his guitar "gunslinger" ethic.

Alvin Lee.... that guy played "Violent" Saw the Allmann Bros a few times and Duane always impressed. He could pound it heavy or play a nice medley when needed.

Big Skynyrd fan as well. "They call me the Breeze" and "I know a Little" being a couple of their lesser known songs that have great guitar licks.

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This is the lounge my understanding is almost anything goes here this is a joke directed at Powpow. 

You GFY and I bet you will enjoy it.

Your understanding is completely wrong as usual. I deleted your garbage post. Consider this your last warning. Don't post garbage like that here.

51 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Your understanding is completely wrong as usual. I deleted your garbage post. Consider this your last warning. Don't post garbage like that here.

What the heck happened here?  Max, you got at least one thing over sooth: tolerance.  Don't think a "GFY" would have been met with similar reserve.  lol

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Prince 100% belongs up with any of those guys. Big difference between personal taste and objectively viewing something. I can't stand Rush for the life of me and think they're terrible as a group but I would never deny the fact that Geddy is a flat-out genius on the bass.

33 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Prince 100% belongs up with any of those guys. Big difference between personal taste and objectively viewing something. I can't stand Rush for the life of me and think they're terrible as a group but I would never deny the fact that Geddy is a flat-out genius on the bass.

I guess you missed the fact that I was very effusive in my praise of his talents. In the mid-to-late 70's in my teens Prince was in his late teens. Not a blip on the map at that time.

My musical tastes were being developed on Stones, Who, Zep, 10 Yrs. Hendrix and such. No knock on Prince,

I've never been a Top 40 guy. 

On 4/23/2016 at 11:22 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Alvin Lee.... that guy played "Violent" Saw the Allmann Bros a few times and Duane always impressed. He could pound it heavy or play a nice medley when needed.

Big Skynyrd fan as well. "They call me the Breeze" and "I know a Little" being a couple of their lesser known songs that have great guitar licks.

The Breeze is actually not theirs,JJ Cale wrote it. But yeah, some of their lesser known tunes absolutely rock.

On 4/23/2016 at 2:31 PM, munchmemory said:

What the heck happened here?  Max, you got at least one thing over sooth: tolerance.  Don't think a "GFY" would have been met with similar reserve.  lol

22 hours ago, JetPotato said:

One guy I forgot to mention among my absolute Favorites....

Stevie Ray Vaughan

• 2 weeks later...
On April 23, 2016 at 9:50 AM, 32EBoozer said:

TIGHT!

For a freaking press conference no less! That just plain awesome. 4 song set...lol!

You think that's tight, watch his clip at the 2004 tribute (as well as his own induction) R&R HOF performing THE SICKEST SOLO of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Hair-raising as he SHREDS & KILLS it.

We lost another one TOO early. Check out Prince, especially some of his earlier stuff where he was more guitar heavy. A TRUE MAESTRO.

PS - The guitar, magically, never landed. Look it up, it just flew into the sky and never came back. eery. 

23 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You think that's tight, watch his clip at the 2004 tribute (as well as his own induction) R&R HOF performing THE SICKEST SOLO of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Hair-raising as he SHREDS & KILLS it.

We lost another one TOO early. Check out Prince, especially some of his earlier stuff where he was more guitar heavy. A TRUE MAESTRO.

PS - The guitar, magically, never landed. Look it up, it just flew into the sky and never came back. eery. 

Yeah, I've seen that Harrison tribute.

Prince stole the show...Killed it!

On 5/7/2016 at 5:58 PM, Gas2No99 said:

That was very good. I haven't seen that one before!

Lots of "power blues" by Prince throughout  this clip.  Only other guitarists I have seen who could equally floor you with titanic string bends were Hendrix and Leslie West.  Just smokin' hot licks and two step bends (check out at around 2:08).

Archived