Casserly Mocks Eli Apple to Jets!! WTF?!

32EBoozer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Either he's sending up a smoke screen for his hand picked "Disciple" or he's out of his mind.

Why have the Jets take the 4th best CB when Treadwell (#1 WR) is on the board and the 3rd ranked QB?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/326001

He's senile.   Next thing you know he'll be endorsing Geno to start. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the jets draft a corner in the first I'm giving up sports altogether.

I already decided if the Jets pay Fitz $10MM and/or give him a contract for more than one year, I am taking the year off from the NFL.  Bull-fighting and the live Saturday cock fights when I am overseas will suffice.

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Lynch is there and we pass it means Fitz is as good as signed

What advantage to the jets gain by not signing fitz before the draft? They are drafting a QB regardless of whether they sign fitz or not, the jets know he's not part of their future 

This would legit depress me. I wouldn't mind if a stud like Hargreaves III somehow landed with us but we shouldn't be going CB. I'd rather live with the feint hope that Milliner can stay healthy and not suck. The secondary is decent as it is.

I'll be even more pissed of we go for a DL, unless it's geared solely toward pass rushing. We've invested our last seven first rounders on defensive linemen and defensive backs - Pryor the only non CB/DL. The line is strong even without Mo (although I'd prefer he stay and leave it dominant) and we have other more obvious needs which are blatantly hurting us. On the defensive side we only really need strengthening at LB, and the inside guys aren't really worth a first IMO.

QB is obviously our biggest need but I'm pretty sure Fitz is still the plan and will be signed - The priorities should be:

1. Offensive Tackle
  2. Outside Linebacker (Pass Rusher)
  3. Guard/Centre
  4. Inside Linebacker
  5. Speedy WR/RB 

That's the sort of draft I'm looking, in whatever order. The only QB I'd want is Lynch but we'll probably take another mid-rounder again. I'd rather just persist with Petty tbh. 

8 minutes ago, afosomf said:

it appears Hargreaves has character issues, may drop like a rock. He seems like a good kid. would be highway robbery at 20

He's a coaches kid. I've never heard anything other than what a hard worker he is and a team leader.

So much smoke going on right now.

Would love if Teams trade ahead of us for Lynch and Cook. 

Keeps dropping a top 15 player to us at #20

Archived