Casserly Mocks Eli Apple to Jets!! WTF?!

32EBoozer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jgb said:

If Lynch is there and we pass it means Fitz is as good as signed

One has nothing to do with the other. Lynch is another sit on the bench project, they'd want Fitz back whether they draft him or not. 

Also, if you put any credence in the wonderlic, Lynch is decidedly less intelligent than Geno. 

17 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Would not be thrilled if it fell that way but with Lee, Floyd, Conklin and Decker off the board maybe Apple is BPA, I think he will be a good pro

I think a team trades up to get Lynch before the Jets if SF and Cleveland pass on him

Hope Stanley fall to 11 so Chicago trade comes into play

I'm all for the BAP, and if it's a CB, so be it. Sure there are bigger needs, but despite Idzik spending first and third rounders on CBs, it's not like CB isn't still a need, too. Hard to find a position outside of DT that isn't a need. 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm all for the BAP, and if it's a CB, so be it. Sure there are bigger needs, but despite Idzik spending first and third rounders on CBs, it's not like CB isn't still a need, too. Hard to find a position outside of DT that isn't a need. 

Exactly, it sucks that we've spent past draft picks on CB's but the fact remains those picks haven't panned out.  If a CB is the BPA when our picks come up than I'm for it.  Drafting out of need more times than not is stupid and I think the Leonard Williams pick last year proves Mac agrees.  Not to mention, while CB isn't an immediate need it's going to be a need in the very near future.  Relying on Milliner and even Marcus Williams are huge risks.  This biggest problem I have with the mock is that Laquan Treadwell's still on the board and I think he's the guy to take in that spot.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'd agree.

I actually think we'll sign Fitz even if we draft Lynch.

Best case scenario.  Fitz plays while Lynch sits and learns without the need to play him when hes not ready.

11 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

If treadwell is there at 20 jets have to take him

I disagree. I don't think we need a WR, certainly of that mould. I doubt we've given up on Smith and the organisation seems to absolutely love Enunwa, understandably so as he has serious potential.

I prefer Coleman to Treadwell anyway. Think he's the surest thing at WR.

7 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Exactly, it sucks that we've spent past draft picks on CB's but the fact remains those picks haven't panned out.  If a CB is the BPA when our picks come up than I'm for it.  Drafting out of need more times than not is stupid and I think the Leonard Williams pick last year proves Mac agrees.  Not to mention, while CB isn't an immediate need it's going to be a need in the very near future.  Relying on Milliner and even Marcus Williams are huge risks.  This biggest problem I have with the mock is that Laquan Treadwell's still on the board and I think he's the guy to take in that spot.

Plus it wasnt this front office that picked CBs who fell short.  Macc cant stay away from a player he thinks is BPA just because Tanny or Idzik screwed up with the corners they drafted

all these dudes will do at least one more mock, they have to leave room for changes. 

a month ago some guy on NFLN had a safety going #1, but that was his "silly season" mock.

its all just news cycle fodder

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Either he's sending up a smoke screen for his hand picked "Disciple" or he's out of his mind.

Why have the Jets take the 4th best CB when Treadwell (#1 WR) is on the board and the 3rd ranked QB?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/326001

He's nuts.  If Treadwell and Lynch are both there, there is no way Apple is the pick.  Treadwell being there, IMO, makes him BPA by a country mile.  After him would be A'Shawn as my BPA (but that pick would send everyone here off the deep end, I know that).  Marshall only has 2 years left at most.  I'm not a Lynch fan, but I would certainly not complain if Mac picked him at 20.  I think it would be a reach, but then again I think Goff and Wentz are incredible reaches for 1-2 as well.

I'd be thrilled if Treadwell was the pick!!!

19056263-mmmain.jpg

44 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I disagree. I don't think we need a WR, certainly of that mould. I doubt we've given up on Smith and the organisation seems to absolutely love Enunwa, understandably so as he has serious potential.

We absolutely need a wide receiver. Who knows when Marshall will fall off a cliff? It would be great to have a guy whom is a strong possession receiver to fill marshalls role when he's done considering treadwell is a dez, Marshall clone.

i agree on enunwa, if he sites up his hands he could be a great receiver, but he isn't the guy I would want the jets to step up if Marshall or decker went down because as of right now he has stone hands

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

If Marshall or Decker gets hurt, are you confident in Smith and Enunwa? 

14 hours ago, flgreen said:

My prediction for #20 is, if there's any way the Jets can trade out of the first round, for 2nd round picks, they'll do it

If one of the top OL or Lynch is no longer on the board then I would agree with this. There seems to be a lot of talent in the late 1st through early 3rd round or so I am hearing.

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Either he's sending up a smoke screen for his hand picked "Disciple" or he's out of his mind.

Why have the Jets take the 4th best CB when Treadwell (#1 WR) is on the board and the 3rd ranked QB?

Makes no sense to me at all. If Lynch is there the Jets are going to RUN to the podium. Casserly lost his mind momentarily.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

neither Smith nor Enunwa are on track to be a #1 WR though 

in fact, Devin Smith might not actually be able to catch a football. 

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

If one of the top OL or Lynch is no longer on the board then I would agree with this. There seems to be a lot of talent in the late 1st through early 3rd round or so I am hearing.

I'm not sold on Lynch, but Macc certainly may be.

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

neither Smith nor Enunwa are on track to be a #1 WR though 

in fact, Devin Smith might not actually be able to catch a football. 

Even if he is capable of catching a football, odds are fair he won't be ready to play opening day, and winds up  on partical season IR

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Apples Agent must have given Casserly some bonus money to mock Apple in the 1st instead of in the 2nd where he belongs.

Archived