When the oncologist - EDITED

Maxman

Original Post: When the oncologist calls and says this isn't cancer, yeah that is a good phone call! Nothing else that I have experienced on earth makes me happier than hearing that!

That is all, have a good day. :)

Update 05/12/16:  

Well after numerous tests and weeks and weeks of waiting it turns out that the first opinion was wrong. Lauren got her own 2nd opinion and they were able to do a biopsy this time. The biopsy failed the first time because of the location it was hard to get a sample. Unfortunately the biopsy came back confirming what we didn't want to hear. 

It is cancer.

Surgery in two weeks. A few imaging tests next week. As of right now we don't know what the treatment plan will be, or even what kind of cancer it is. So we wait and we pray.

She beat cancer in 2014 and we were really hoping to never have to worry about this again. She is strong and will fight and beat this, there is no doubt. We were just hoping to keep cancer in the rear view mirror but thank God for second opinions. Catching these things early is so critical.

Thanks for listening.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is a good phone call! Nothing else that I have experienced on earth makes me happier than hearing that!

Virtual high five!!!!!

Nothing makes me happier than when I hear someone is kicking Cancer's ass.

I really appreciate all the kind words. Lauren is going through the process of getting a 2nd opinion. But we really liked the end result of the first opinion. Just want to be really safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after numerous tests and weeks and weeks of waiting it turns out that the first opinion was wrong. Lauren got her own 2nd opinion and they were able to do a biopsy this time. The biopsy failed the first time because of the location it was hard to get a sample. Unfortunately the biopsy came back confirming what we didn't want to hear. 

It is cancer.

Surgery in two weeks. A few imaging tests next week. As of right now we don't know what the treatment plan will be, or even what kind of cancer it is. So we wait and we pray.

She beat cancer in 2014 and we were really hoping to never have to worry about this again. She is strong and will fight and beat this, there is no doubt. We were just hoping to keep cancer in the rear view mirror but thank God for second opinions. Catching these things early is so critical.

Thanks for listening.

On April 27, 2016 at 0:11 AM, Maxman said:

Original Post: When the oncologist calls and says this isn't cancer, yeah that is a good phone call! Nothing else that I have experienced on earth makes me happier than hearing that!

Update 05/12/16:  

It is cancer.

Thanks for listening.

She'll kick its ass again, Phil. Prayers 

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is cancer.

Thanks for listening.

So sorry to hear that, but as you said, it's at least better to know as early as possible, even when it is absolutely not what you want to hear.  Thoughts and prayers with your whole family.

On April 27, 2016 at 0:11 AM, Maxman said:

Update 05/12/16:  

It is cancer.

Thanks for listening.

Great news.

I have another one, when the oncologist tells you your latest scan shows that your cancer is totally gone, thats also a great day and leaves you speechless.   My personal best day

Happy for you and your family.

Max, your wife is a rock star.  Took it upon herself to get re-tested instead of accepting a flawed result.  That takes intellect, intuition and a whole lot of courage to go with your gut.  

Wishing her a positive outcome with many more years of health which you both can spend together.

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is cancer.

Thanks for listening.

Plenty of medical advancements in the past two years, if she beat it then she can beat it again. Wish you guys nothing but the best of luck you will be in my prayers :)

So sorry to hear this.   My close friend is battling stage 3 breast cancer (she's had it for 5 yearsyears,  but went undiagnosed because of dense breast tissue)   She's had chemo #5 and will have the final one soon and surgery in July.   Needless to say,  the prognosis was guarded.   This was the strongest chemo known and so far so good. 

Phil,  I know your wife is going to beat this.   My sincerest hopes for a full recovery!! 

Archived