When the oncologist - EDITED

Maxman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Sending good vibes your way!  Hoping for the best and that it is found at a very early stage!

First time it was stage two. Regular screenings ever since so we hope this is early and treatable as well.

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

First time it was stage two. Regular screenings ever since so we hope this is early and treatable as well.

When will you know what type of cancer it is? Sorry to hear, what a downer reality to have to deal with again. 

Have you considered a third opinion between now and the scheduled surgery?   

Sorry to hear.  Good luck and best wishes.  Been through the same recently with a family member.  Sucks to say the least.

Seems everyone will be affected by cancer multiple times throughout life.  Almost like a fact of life nowadays.  Whether it's family, friends or themselves.

Remember thinking plenty of times I would've been lucky if it was me who had to deal with cancer instead of witnessing a loved one go through it.

Hope it turns out well.

12 hours ago, Tinstar said:

At times like these, words are hard to come by and can sometimes appear empty.  All I have for you beloved is Proverbs 3 vs 5-7 . 

And if I might also add an encouraging thought. We prayed in 2014 and experienced victory, and we will do so again!

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 

James 5:16Living Bible (TLB)

16 Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well after numerous tests and weeks and weeks of waiting it turns out that the first opinion was wrong. Lauren got her own 2nd opinion and they were able to do a biopsy this time. The biopsy failed the first time because of the location it was hard to get a sample. Unfortunately the biopsy came back confirming what we didn't want to hear. 

It is cancer.

Surgery in two weeks. A few imaging tests next week. As of right now we don't know what the treatment plan will be, or even what kind of cancer it is. So we wait and we pray.

She beat cancer in 2014 and we were really hoping to never have to worry about this again. She is strong and will fight and beat this, there is no doubt. We were just hoping to keep cancer in the rear view mirror but thank God for second opinions. Catching these things early is so critical.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear that, man, that sucks. I wish you, her, and the family all the best.

Max -  prayers and best wishes for you, your wife and family. As someone who has personally been down this path multiple times I know the emotional toll these diagnoses can be. Keep a positive outlook , stay strong and never be afraid to ask for help.  

On 4/27/2016 at 0:11 AM, Maxman said:

Original Post: When the oncologist calls and says this isn't cancer, yeah that is a good phone call! Nothing else that I have experienced on earth makes me happier than hearing that!

That is all, have a good day. :)

Update 05/12/16:  

Well after numerous tests and weeks and weeks of waiting it turns out that the first opinion was wrong. Lauren got her own 2nd opinion and they were able to do a biopsy this time. The biopsy failed the first time because of the location it was hard to get a sample. Unfortunately the biopsy came back confirming what we didn't want to hear. 

It is cancer.

Surgery in two weeks. A few imaging tests next week. As of right now we don't know what the treatment plan will be, or even what kind of cancer it is. So we wait and we pray.

She beat cancer in 2014 and we were really hoping to never have to worry about this again. She is strong and will fight and beat this, there is no doubt. We were just hoping to keep cancer in the rear view mirror but thank God for second opinions. Catching these things early is so critical.

Thanks for listening.

My sister-in-law had two battles, ten years apart.  Hard fought but successful.  Positive attitude is huge.  Will be sending positive energy your way.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is cancer.

Thanks for listening.

I will keep her in my prayers!!!

37 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

My sister-in-law had two battles, ten years apart.  Hard fought but successful.  Positive attitude is huge.  Will be sending positive energy your way.

Tell the kid with the Rooster to put down the cigarette!

Cigarettes kill.

14 hours ago, jetrider said:

When will you know what type of cancer it is? Sorry to hear, what a downer reality to have to deal with again. 

Have you considered a third opinion between now and the scheduled surgery?   

We really don't need a 3rd opinion right now because all we know right now is that it is cancer. She has surgery in two weeks, then she will get a full pathology report. After that comes the treatment plan. If there are concerns there then obviously another opinion would come in to play. But we did a lot of work the first time around and pulled a lot of strings, so we are pretty happy with the Oncologist in charge. Just hoping for good news more than anything else as to what the treatment plan will entail.

5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Race for the Cure tomorrow in Columbus

http://columbus.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=CLM_2016_TR_aboutevent

We try to go every year, but have soccer tournaments this weekend... 

There are other ways to participate and help find a cure, maybe next year we can have a JetNation team?

That seems like a great organization. I think a JetNation team next year sounds great, thanks!

We really don't need a 3rd opinion right now because all we know right now is that it is cancer. She has surgery in two weeks, then she will get a full pathology report. After that comes the treatment plan. If there are concerns there then obviously another opinion would come in to play. But we did a lot of work the first time around and pulled a lot of strings, so we are pretty happy with the Oncologist in charge. Just hoping for good news more than anything else as to what the treatment plan will entail.

Sounds like you have a great medical team.

They have made huge progress in treatment over the last 10 years.

There are no Pats fans and Jets fans in situations like this, just one united group hoping for the best for both you and Lauren.

Hang in there my friend!

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Sounds like you have a great medical team.

They have made huge progress in treatment over the last 10 years.

There are no Pats fans and Jets fans in situations like this, just one united group hoping for the best for both you and Lauren.

Hang in there my friend!

Thanks. This is kind of random but things like this do change your perspective. I have been on this kick to redo our patio outside. We have a raised patio that I did over 10 years ago and the wall needs to be redone, the pavers need to be redone. I wouldn't put out the outdoor chairs because I was like I am doing this. It was all I was reading about and getting quotes on (it was expensive to have someone do it).

The day after we found out about Lauren's cancer we were in Lowe's. Bought an outdoor carpet that covers a lot of the patio.

Uneven pavers and some weeds no longer really occupy any time in my brain. Saved a lot of money in the process $120 carpet is cheaper than a $10,000 project LOL.

Sorry to hear that your wife, you and your loved ones have to endure this again.

I feel sorrier for cancer that it picked another fight it's going to lose. No I don't. **** cancer. **** it to hell.

Rooting and praying for you all.

Just now, Maxman said:

Lauren used to post here way back in the day. But I am pretty sure a lot of you scared her off. What can I say, she is a lot smarter than I am, haha.

@JetFanByMarriage

hah you wife is smart- she will fight through this with all your family and jetnation support

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Thanks. This is kind of random but things like this do change your perspective. I have been on this kick to redo our patio outside. We have a raised patio that I did over 10 years ago and the wall needs to be redone, the pavers need to be redone. I wouldn't put out the outdoor chairs because I was like I am doing this. It was all I was reading about and getting quotes on (it was expensive to have someone do it).

The day after we found out about Lauren's cancer we were in Lowe's. Bought an outdoor carpet that covers a lot of the patio.

Uneven pavers and some weeds no longer really occupy any time in my brain. Saved a lot of money in the process $120 carpet is cheaper than a $10,000 project LOL.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife got the bad news again. As one who has just recently  got " the news" himself,  i know first hand what you guys are going through; you know what it is, but you don't know just exactly what sort it is yet, and what grade it is. I hope you dont need to wait too long for the surgery.  While you wait, All you can do is to rely on the knowledge and expertise of your medical team. They' ll pull you guys through this ordeal, i'm sure!

my positive thoughts and positive energy are with you both.

You guys kicked it once, you can do it twice!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Lauren used to post here way back in the day. But I am pretty sure a lot of you scared her off. What can I say, she is a lot smarter than I am, haha.

@JetFanByMarriage

That goes without saying.

Thoughts an prayers to you and your family!

Good and healing thoughts to your wife Max.

Thankfully there have been so many advances in the battle, so many many reasons (apart from the obvious family ones) to believe strongly that this is one you are going to win. Here's to winning (Charlie Sheen, why are you in my head?)

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I'm sorry to hear that your wife got the bad news again. As one who has just recently  got " the news" himself,  i know first hand what you guys are going through; you know what it is, but you don't know just exactly what sort it is yet, and what grade it is. I hope you dont need to wait too long for the surgery.  While you wait, All you can do is to rely on the knowledge and expertise of your medical team. They' ll pull you guys through this ordeal, i'm sure!

my positive thoughts and positive energy are with you both.

You guys kicked it once, you can do it twice!

Thank you. How are you doing? Sorry to hear that you are going through this!

Archived