When the oncologist - EDITED

Maxman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you. How are you doing? Sorry to hear that you are going through this!

It's been 5 weeks since my diagnosis was confirmed. Non hogkins lymphoma.  thankfully,  low grade. I show no symptoms ,so I'm considered a "watch and wait" case. ( no treatment necessary )

I just saw my doc yesterday for a follow up, and nothing has changed... IE; worsened. So, I'm grateful for that. In a span of  a month, I had a pet scan, a ct scan,  a bone marrow biopsy and a surgical biopsy performed. All bases were covered and I then got " the news"

The waiting for a confirmed diagnosis was the worst... I aged 20 years. Now I know what I have, and my doctors have an action plan in place should my condition ever worsen. That helps me get through the day to day roller coaster ride of emotions.

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I'm sorry to hear that your wife got the bad news again. As one who has just recently  got " the news" himself,  i know first hand what you guys are going through; you know what it is, but you don't know just exactly what sort it is yet, and what grade it is. I hope you dont need to wait too long for the surgery.  While you wait, All you can do is to rely on the knowledge and expertise of your medical team. They' ll pull you guys through this ordeal, i'm sure!

my positive thoughts and positive energy are with you both.

You guys kicked it once, you can do it twice!

Ugh. Damn man...

Rooting and praying for you too.

**** cancer.

Well I am very sorry to hear this Phil. My son is cancer free for almost a year now and your lovely wife will be too. Families that have to deal with health issues realize how everything else (money problems, etc.) is just BS. I will pray for you and your family Phil. Stay positive and take it 1 day at a time. God is with you.

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

And if I might also add an encouraging thought. We prayed in 2014 and experienced victory, and we will do so again!

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 

James 5:16Living Bible (TLB)

16 Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results.

Amen Beloved . I have to admit that I know only 1 way to pray and that be that the will of God be done.   Sometimes His will and our will do not align, but I ask that a testimony be given to this family that they may know the awesome power of God.  

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It's been 5 weeks since my diagnosis was confirmed. Non hogkins lymphoma.  thankfully,  low grade. I show no symptoms ,so I'm considered a "watch and wait" case. ( no treatment necessary )

I just saw my doc yesterday for a follow up, and nothing has changed... IE; worsened. So, I'm grateful for that. In a span of  a month, I had a pet scan, a ct scan,  a bone marrow biopsy and a surgical biopsy performed. All bases were covered and I then got " the news"

The waiting for a confirmed diagnosis was the worst... I aged 20 years. Now I know what I have, and my doctors have an action plan in place should my condition ever worsen. That helps me get through the day to day roller coaster ride of emotions.

Such a roller coaster ride, you summed it up perfectly. I am glad there are no symptoms and it is being monitored. That is great to hear, God Bless!

9 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I'm sorry to hear that your wife got the bad news again. As one who has just recently  got " the news" himself,  i know first hand what you guys are going through; you know what it is, but you don't know just exactly what sort it is yet, and what grade it is. I hope you dont need to wait too long for the surgery.  While you wait, All you can do is to rely on the knowledge and expertise of your medical team. They' ll pull you guys through this ordeal, i'm sure!

my positive thoughts and positive energy are with you both.

You guys kicked it once, you can do it twice!

Sorry to hear about the news for you, will be praying for you as well.  

I've gotten the bad news myself when I was a kid, and it really puts things into perspective sometimes.  It's terrible to hear the news, but sometimes it's also very lucky to catch it early.  Atleast for me, I had no symptoms whatsoever, and the only reason they found it was a hunch the doctor got while in the middle of a biopsy.  

I hope you have a good support system around you, as your family really helps in situations like this.  I know Max will be there for Lauren as they beat this.  

I hope you and Lauren beat cancer.  

Fckin cancer... Lost my mother way too young. She never even got to meet my own children. That's some cold sh*t when your own mother doesn't get to hold your first born...  

You just don't know until it's your family/life. If everyone had a family member or someone close effected by this curse, we'd all drop the bullsh*t overseas and win this war first.

Its the worst. 

Thoughts and prayers. You guys will get through this. You're on it fast and furious and that makes all the difference.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Such a roller coaster ride, you summed it up perfectly. I am glad there are no symptoms and it is being monitored. That is great to hear, God Bless!

6 hours ago, win4ever said:

Sorry to hear about the news for you, will be praying for you as well.  

I've gotten the bad news myself when I was a kid, and it really puts things into perspective sometimes.  It's terrible to hear the news, but sometimes it's also very lucky to catch it early.  Atleast for me, I had no symptoms whatsoever, and the only reason they found it was a hunch the doctor got while in the middle of a biopsy.  

I hope you have a good support system around you, as your family really helps in situations like this.  I know Max will be there for Lauren as they beat this.  

I hope you and Lauren beat cancer.  

Thanks for the kind words fellow Jet Fans!

On 5/13/2016 at 7:56 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

Hodgkins lymphoma survivor here....i was extremely late stage pretty much full blown. They had to do my bone marrow biopsy awake without anesthesia, they were afraid the huge mass compressing my trachea would close up and not be able to get a tube down there in an emergency. So 6 orderlies held me down, they jammed the spike into my thigh a few times but couldn't break the bone with my muscles pushing it out, finally went into the back of the pelvis, with the doc up on the table for leverage. IT was like someone kept shooting me with a gun, good times!!

Anyway, good luck to you my friend, and welcome to the club. You caught it early, that is great. Just enjoy every day, lots of steaks and lapdances!

My goal is not to tell you what to do. That said, we are a family. As i would do for anyone else in my family, I do for you. I just want to provide you with the best of what I know, which are alternative ways to consider how to address your issues, based on what I have learned from my own research and that of a friend who ran a global Bioceutical company. As with anything, I present this as a beginning to your own research about these plant based alternatives.

I was misdiagnosed 8 years ago with a a supposedly fairly aggressive sarcoma. After my surgery, my surgeon informed me that the mass he took out was benign. Immediately afterwards, I changed my diet and became a vegetarian.  The research I did at that time taught me that a plant based diet would be healthier and would avoid the carcinogenic properties of modern meat. I have also learned several other key things to fight this wicked disease. These articles explain this way better than I ever could:

1. Avoid Sugar:

Step away from that soda: Sugary drinks raise cancer risk for women, study finds - NBC News
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/step-away-soda-sugary-drinks-raise-cancer-risk-women-study-2D11641447

Anticancer: A New Way Of Life - David Servan-Schreiber
http://www.anticancerbook.com/

An Old Idea, Revived: Starve Cancer to Death - The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/magazine/warburg-effect-an-old-idea-revived-starve-cancer-to-death.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-0&action=click&contentCollection=Magazine&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article&_r=0

2. Resveratrol and Circumin are powerful Anti- carcinogens

A friend who used turned me on to this stuff 10 years ago. I have been taking it ever since. It helps fight most things and assists with overall energy production. When my aunt came down with colon cancer a couple of years back this is the advice  and  studies that he sent to me. The studies are dense but the main thrust is that this stuff helps kill those bad cells. The combination of Circumin ( a derivative of the spice Tumeric ) and resveratrol provides a synergistic method which is even more powerful. He knew of a Doctor who had pancreatic cancer who arrested his cancer using this formula. he was taking roughly 2 grams a day of each, with his dosing spread out evenly throughout the day.

"Studies have indicated that resveratrol not only has an affinity for the colon but that it also seems to make colon cancer cells very uncomfortable.  Some studies have  shown that it induces cancer cell apoptosis (Cell suicide) which is the best you can hope for when you have the threat of cancer spreading.

Below are a few of the studies found in the literature.. "

http://www.jbc.org/content/278/42/41482.short

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/8/2197.short

http://carcin.oxfordjournals.org/content/28/5/922.abstract

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cdt/2006/00000007/00000004/art00005

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3706856/

http://stemcellres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/scrt506

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/can-turmeric-prevent-bowel-cancer

I truly hope this helps.....

sincerely. OC_JET..........

Archived