Post your BIG BOARD for round 1!

Paradis

The GM game: it's the ROUND 1... what does your Big Board say? 

BIG BOARD (range pick #10 to #30)

1 -- QB Paxton Lynch; ....obvious reasons, we need a fcking QB to win superbowls
2 -- WR Corey Coleman; ....best weapon in the draft not named Elliot
3 -- LB Myles Jack; ....this seemed crazy about a week and half ago... but now, maybe?
4 -- OLB Noah Spence; ....this is where things get tough. If the above 3 are gone, TRADE BACK! 
5 -- OT Taylor Decker; ....i don't love taking a RT in the first, but the value's there for a need

Who you got? 

(See below if you're a loser like me)

for those are maybe more up the draft-nerd scale, you can post your rnd 2 and 3 top 5s

Round 2
1- OT Jason Spriggs 
2- OLB Yannick Ngakoue
3- WR Tyler Boyd
4- OLB Kyle Fackrell
5- S/LB - Su'a Cravens

Round 3
1- QB Brandon Allen
2- DE Bronson Kaufusi
3- OT Willie Beavers
4- CB Xavier Howard
5- OT Joe Dahl

I'm going to start at the top and stop wherever.

1. Goff
  2. Jack
  3. Ramsey
  4. Bosa
  5. Tunsil
  6. Buckner
  7. Hargreaves
  8. Stanley
  9. Elliott
  10. Treadwell
  11. Lee
  12. Lawson
  13. Doctson
  14. Conklin
  15. Coleman
  16. Decker

Shouldn't have to go any deeper than that. Order is kind of fuzzy. Inside the top ten is academic and outside the values kind of run together. Treadwell, Lee, Doctson all seem pretty safe. At 20 you're just looking to stick the landing.

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm going to start at the top and stop wherever.

1. Goff
  2. Jack
  3. Ramsey
  4. Bosa
  5. Tunsil
  6. Buckner
  7. Hargreaves
  8. Stanley
  9. Elliott
  10. Treadwell
  11. Lee
  12. Lawson
  13. Doctson
  14. Conklin
  15. Coleman
  16. Decker

Shouldn't have to go any deeper than that. Order is kind of fuzzy. Inside the top ten is academic and outside the values kind of run together. Treadwell, Lee, Doctson all seem pretty safe. At 20 you're just looking to stick the landing.

Not sure if you posted your thoughts yet, but do you like Lynch enough to trade up for him?

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

The GM game: it's the ROUND 1... what does your Big Board say? 

BIG BOARD (range pick #10 to #30)

1 -- QB Paxton Lynch; ....obvious reasons, we need a fcking QB to win superbowls
2 -- WR Corey Coleman; ....best weapon in the draft not named Elliot
3 -- LB Myles Jack; ....this seemed crazy about a week and half ago... but now, maybe?
4 -- OLB Noah Spence; ....this is where things get tough. If the above 3 are gone, TRADE BACK! 
5 -- OT Taylor Decker; ....i don't love taking a RT in the first, but the value's there for a need

Who you got? 

(See below if you're a loser like me)

for those are maybe more up the draft-nerd scale, you can post your rnd 2 and 3 top 5s

Round 2
1- OT Jason Spriggs 
2- OLB Yannick Ngakoue
3- WR Tyler Boyd
4- OLB Kyle Fackrell
5- S/LB - Su'a Cravens

Round 3
1- QB Brandon Allen
2- DE Bronson Kaufusi
3- OT Willie Beavers
4- CB Xavier Howard
5- OT Joe Dahl

I think I agree with this as far as rounds one and two go. They have to come out of this with 1. QB, 2. Edge rusher, 2a. Guy who can score TDs by himself. After that, it's OT, and speed guys on defense.

Conklin's my favourite guy in the draft. If we end up moving up after a Mo trade then he'd be the guy I'd go for. Think he'll be the best OT in the draft.

Round One

1. Taylor Decker - OT - Can be a good starter at RT right away and think he can develop into a franchise LT in time. Great value at 20.

2. Paxton Lynch - QB - Potential franchise QB, nothing else really needs to be said. Not sure he'll be as overwhelmed as people think if he had to play immediately (although I'd want him to sit). Will always have his physical talent to fall back on.

3. Noah Spence - OLB - I'd probably have him top of this if he wasn't such a suspension risk, although then there'd be no chance of him being around at 20. Immensely talented but I don't think there's too much of a drop off into the guys ranked below him, Ogbah in particular. 

4. Corey Coleman - WR - Best WR in the draft IMO and would give us the dynamic threat we've lacked on offence for years. Unbelievable explosion and can see him being a YAC machine in a short passing game. Elite returner from day one.

5. Darron Lee - ILB - Need speed on defence and this guy would be the perfect compliment to Harris and our defensive line. Would be the next best thing to a dynamic pass rusher, should be outstanding in coverage which is an area that's killed us for years.

The later rounds really depend on who we have on the board and who's fallen. There's always some surprises. I'll do round two for the hell of it but it wouldn't shock me if all these guys are gone and some of the guys above are still there. 

1. Emmanuel Ogbah - OLB

2. Jason Spriggs - OT

3. Hunter Henry - TE

4. Ryan Kelly - C

5. Cody Whitehair - G

Obviously I want us to address the offensive line above anything else. It's been neglected for too long and it's showing. A few potentially elite skill players would be difficult to pass up - Henry as probably the best hands in the draft and is being compared to Witten. I still hold out hope for Amaro but he looks too good to pass up.

If Lynch is there it will be difficult to resist. I also wouldn't rule us out drafting Cook or Hackenberg in either of the first two rounds, which I wouldn't imagine being very popular.

Our defence was Top 10 last season but will fall off without Snacks and Mo. If he's traded I suspect we'll focus more on defence and maybe even draft a replacement, which I would hate. If we are focusing on the defensive side of the ball the priority has to be pass rushing and speed.

No more CB's who can't locate the ball plz.

1. Lynch (In my view, if Lynch is on my board, as a potential franchise QB, he has to be #1)

2. Jack (Not buying into the reports of his dropping, but if he does and Lynch is gone, we need to grab him)

3. Decker (Safe pick, plug and play starter at a position of need)

4. Coleman (Adds an element to our offense that is missing, the guy who can turn the 8 yard completion into the 60 yard TD)

5. Billings (Just for a change of pace & assumes Mo is gone.  Originally had Spence here but I didn't want the same 5 as Paradis.  Wanted to think out of the box.  If we hadn't gone DL for like the last 23 years in a row, more people would mock Billings as a NT replacement for Snacks).

Here is what i think will go down

Saints will trade with SF and take Lynch,  Jets will trade Mo to Bears for a 2017 #1 pick, Jets will take DT either Robinson Reed or Billings at 20.

Jets will have 2 #1's to trade up for Watson .  Have to pray Brownies do not get first pick in the draft.

1st round: Decker, Floyd, Treadwell, Lee, Spence

Tunsil, Stanley or Conklin - one will fall out of the top ten and Jets should be very interested

2st round: Cravens or Deion Jones 

Spence, Spriggs, Kelly - I don't think they drop to Jets 2nd but could change ranking

3rd round: Smith, Martin, Bell, Vannett, (this round needs more thought)

2 days before the draft and I still have no clue who I want based who I think will be available because I have no clue how this thing is going to go once we get past #10.

If Lynch falls, sure.

If Treadwell is there, sure but I dont hate Doctson or Coleman either.

If Jack or Hargreaves actually fall, duh.

If everyone is gone, maybe Spence?

Maybe Decker? (I kind of like Spriggs better in the 2nd).

1.  Lynch - self explanatory

2.  Conklin - these first two are worth a trade up IMO.

3.  Lawson - If Bowles thinks he has the athleticism to play OLB in the 3-4 and DE in the 4-3, I like this pick a lot more than Lloyd.

4.  Treadwell/Coleman/Doctson.  Depends on if they want an inside guy (Coleman) to groom to replace Decker or the others for Marshall.

5.  Jackson - I don't like Apple, Burns, or McKenkie at 20 but could live with this pick.

Sleeper - Butler.  Big enough to play the nose but athletic enough to eventually bring more to the table than Snacks.

Round 2:

we need a LT.  No guarantee that he stays healthy.  But guaranteed he is not on the roster after this season with a $10M cap hit. 

1. Spriggs would be perfect.

2. Clark or Coleman OTs

3.  Joseph SS WVU

4.  Whitehair - can play RT, both guards, and center or Martin, ND

5. Spence - I know he won't be here but with his background he's not worth the risk at 20.

3rd:

1. Fackrell

2. Hawkins OT LSU

3. Vannett

4. Ngakoue

5. Jenkins OLB

37 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Here is what i think will go down

Saints will trade with SF and take Lynch,  Jets will trade Mo to Bears for a 2017 #1 pick, Jets will take DT either Robinson Reed or Billings at 20.

Jets will have 2 #1's to trade up for Watson .  Have to pray Brownies do not get first pick in the draft.

LOL. DT? Stop it.

I'm surprised that some of these guys didn't name a Qb for every pick. All six. I think we'd have to trade up to get Floyd or one of the top two OLs like Decker or Conklin and if they are still around at 15 Mac might do it. But one guy who I think they could draft is A'shwan Robinson. And maybe Nick Martin with the 2nd pick. Then Scoobie Wright in the 3rd round. My Qb would be Vernon Adams at 4. One of the punters at 7 maybe Riley Dixon. BAP with the other 7th round pick. The wildcard for a trade down to me would be Ryan Kelly. If Lynch is still there at 20 trade the pick and take Kelly later in the 1st round. And maybe Robinson if he's still on the board in the early 2nd round via a trade. So ideally Kelly and Robinson with the first two picks, then Scoobie Wright, Vernon Adams, a punter and BAP.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm surprised that some of these guys didn't name a Qb for every pick. All six. I think we'd have to trade up to get Floyd or one of the top two OLs like Decker or Conklin and if they are still around at 15 Mac might do it. But one guy who I think they could draft is A'shwan Robinson. Maybe Scoobie Wright in the 3rd round. 

If we don't get a QB that has a reasonable chance to be an excellent starter in the league (Goff, Wentz, or Lynch) don't waste a pick on any of the others.  We have wasted more than a few picks on 2nd and third tier garbage.  We need to go all in or fold.  

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

If we don't get a QB that has a reasonable chance to be an excellent starter in the league (Goff, Wentz, or Lynch) don't waste a pick on any of the others.  We have wasted more than a few picks on 2nd and third tier garbage.  We need to go all in or fold.  

We're not getting those guys unless they take Lynch but you make a good point. But there are plenty of ?s with all of them. So the long shot I'd take is Vernon Adams. I added him to my list just a minute ago and put him down as our 4th round pick. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think I agree with this as far as rounds one and two go. They have to come out of this with 1. QB, 2. Edge rusher, 2a. Guy who can score TDs by himself. After that, it's OT, and speed guys on defense.

Agree with the list. I'd suggest a CB over the "TD by himself" guy, unless those can be the same guy. 

I also consider it a requirement  of every draft to add a pick the following year somehow. Good practice.

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

and snacks is gone

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

Ummmm Mo will be gone mon, they will not take fuller

They've already replaced Mo with Leonard Williams and replaced Snacks with the two free agent signings and I think they like Simon. Not a chance they go DT.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They've already replaced Mo with Leonard Williams and replaced Snacks with the two free agent signings and I think they like Simon. Not a chance they go DT.

the BAP are DT's and you never draft on need, LW could get hurt as well, you can never have enough good Dt's

1 - Carson Wentz

2 - Jared Goff

3 - Ezekiel Elliot

4 - Jalen Ramsey

5 - Laremy Tunsil

6 - Joey Bosa

7 - DeForest Buckner

8 - Vernon Hargraves

9 - Myles Jack

10 - Paxton Lynch

11 - Ronnie Stanley

12 - A'Shawn Robinson

13 - Josh Doctson

14 - Laquon Treadwell

15 - Andrew Billings

16 - Kevin Dodd

17 - Corey Coleman

18 - Jack Conklin

19 - William Jackson

20 - Noah Spence

21 - Leonard Floyd

22 - Darron Lee

23 - Reggie Ragland

24 - Taylor Decker

25 - Karl Joseph

26 - Eli Apple

27 - Sheldon Rankins

28 - Ryan Kelly

29 - Shaq Lawson

30 - Jason Spriggs

31 - Hunter Henry

Jets picks I'd be comfortable with at 20:  Doctson, Treadwell, Lynch, Stanley, Billings, Conklin.

2nd round considerations for the Jets:  Sterling Shepard, Shilique Calhoun, Germain Ifedi, Kamalei Correa, Tyler Boyd

1 - Carson Wentz

2 - Jared Goff

3 - Ezekiel Elliot

4 - Jalen Ramsey

5 - Laremy Tunsil

6 - Joey Bosa

7 - DeForest Buckner

8 - Vernon Hargraves

9 - Myles Jack

10 - Paxton Lynch

11 - Ronnie Stanley

12 - A'Shawn Robinson

13 - Josh Doctson

14 - Laquon Treadwell

15 - Andrew Billings

16 - Kevin Dodd

17 - Corey Coleman

18 - Jack Conklin

19 - William Jackson

20 - Noah Spence

21 - Leonard Floyd

22 - Darron Lee

23 - Reggie Ragland

24 - Taylor Decker

25 - Karl Joseph

26 - Eli Apple

27 - Sheldon Rankins

28 - Ryan Kelly

29 - Shaq Lawson

30 - Jason Spriggs

31 - Hunter Henry

Jets picks I'd be comfortable with at 20:  Doctson, Treadwell, Lynch, Stanley, Billings, Conklin.

2nd round considerations for the Jets:  Sterling Shepard, Shilique Calhoun, Germain Ifedi, Kamalei Correa, Tyler Boyd

Sorry for the huge quote; can you explain why you have Doctson so high, even above the other two.

First-

Hargreaves- seems like these idiots are buying into combine numbers too much and he may fall.

Conklin- might be falling also

Lee- love him, next Shazier

Treadwell- don't need him, but love him also.

Apple- another one of my favorites

Second

Spriggs- looks like we may have to move up to get him.

Cravens- another Shazier clone

Spence and Nkemdiche- u never know, they might fall

Fuller- CB

Third

Hackenberg- would've been a first rounder with obrien

J. Smith- worth the gamble in the third

C Jones- third round is my lottery ticket round, get two solid players in the first 2, then take a shot at hitting big here.

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sorry for the huge quote; can you explain why you have Doctson so high, even above the other two.

I simply think he is the most well rounded receiver of the top tier, there is very little between them in the end an certainly not enough to hate one pick or love the other for me. 

Here's mine, crossing off the ones which will almost definitely be gone by our pick, whether we trade up or not.

1.  QB Jared Goff, Cal

2.  Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.

3.  OT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss

4.  OLB Myles Jack, UCLA

5.  DE Joey Bosa, Ohio St.

6.  OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame

7.  WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss

8.  QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis

9.  DE DeForest Buckner, Oregon

10.  DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson

11.  DT A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama

12.  OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia

13.  ILB Reggie Ragland, Alabama

14.  DT Jarran Reed, Alabama

15.  DT Sheldon Rankins, Louisville

16.  RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio St.

17.  CB Vernon Hargreaves, Florida

18.  CB Eli Apple, Ole Miss

19.  OLB Darron Lee, Ohio St.

20.  OT Jack Conklin, Michigan St.

21.  OT Jason Spriggs, Indiana

22.  OT Taylor Decker, Ohio St.

23.  S Karl Joseph, West Virginia (not a need at all but I'm convinced this kid will be reeeeally good)

24.  OLB Deion Jones, LSU

25.  OLB Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Here's mine, crossing off the ones which will almost definitely be gone by our pick, whether we trade up or not.

1.  QB Jared Goff, Cal

2.  Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St.

3.  OT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss

4.  OLB Myles Jack, UCLA

5.  DE Joey Bosa, Ohio St.

6.  OT Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame

7.  WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss

8.  QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis

9.  DE DeForest Buckner, Oregon

10.  DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson

11.  DT A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama

12.  OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia

13.  ILB Reggie Ragland, Alabama

14.  DT Jarran Reed, Alabama

15.  DT Sheldon Rankins, Louisville

16.  RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio St.

17.  CB Vernon Hargreaves, Florida

18.  CB Eli Apple, Ole Miss

19.  OLB Darron Lee, Ohio St.

20.  OT Jack Conklin, Michigan St.

21.  OT Jason Spriggs, Indiana

22.  OT Taylor Decker, Ohio St.

23.  S Karl Joseph, West Virginia (not a need at all but I'm convinced this kid will be reeeeally good)

24.  OLB Deion Jones, LSU

25.  OLB Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky

Oh so now, Leonard Floyd is going to be there and we dont need to trade Mo Wilk for him?

ih8u

Just now, JiF said:

Oh so now, Leonard Floyd is going to be there and we dont need to trade Mo Wilk for him?

ih8u

Honestly don't think Treadwell or Lynch will be there unless we trade up significantly.  But I'm not crossing them off either.  Just the super obvious ones we'd never have a prayer of landing.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly don't think Treadwell or Lynch will be there unless we trade up significantly.  But I'm not crossing them off either.  Just the super obvious ones we'd never have a prayer of landing.

Dont try making up.  Its over between you and I. 

23 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Lynch is a hard pass. Very very hard to imagine trading up. Probably Bosa only. Feature the optics if it's Buckner or CB or OT even though I think these guys are a cut above.

Is it the meathead factor with Lynch?

I think I'd have a stroke if they traded up for DL, particularly if they dealt Mo to do it.

23 hours ago, afosomf said:

the BAP are DT's and you never draft on need, LW could get hurt as well, you can never have enough good Dt's

You do sometimes not-draft for not-need. You don't blindly draft BAP. Or anyway, the team's board would already take extreme need and extreme not-need into consideration. Not rigidly drafting the highest rated prospect doesn't necessarily mean a team is reaching due to need. Neither is a smart practice: the highest player of need may be a 20-slot reach, and the BAP may not be that much higher than the next-best BAP. 

It's one thing to take Williams at #6 last year. It's mindlessness to do it again a year later, just because a DT is a little better prospect than another prospect at a position of far greater need, that will be far harder to find later far more costly to fill in FA. The next-best prospect on his board would have to be at least half a round lower on his board to justify such a pick, and that's not likely to be the case. If it is, then he should trade back (or it means he should have traded up).

Maccagnan would deserve to be fired if he drafts a DL who doesn't translate to OLB. I like (or want) to believe he isn't that rigid of a thinker. It would be like the Colts drafting Paxton Lynch if he fell to them at #18 if he's technically the highest-rated prospect on their board. 

Archived