Make three predictions re the Jets draft....

Beerfish

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only say what I think they should do. That is the following:

1) Trade Mo. This is there last chance at trading him for some real value picks. And don't let me hear some crap like getting a 3rd round compensatory pick from the league is getting something great in return. Mo is worth a lot more than a measly 3rd rounder.

2) Trade down at some point. The team has a lot of needs right now. As it currently stands, even with Fitz, I can't see the team winning 6 games in 2016. They have that many holes and they face MUCH stiffer competition in 2016. Trading down would allow them to grab a lot more players and possibly better equip this team for the 2016 schedule. 

I agree that we don't trade up in the first. I don't want any extra 5th 6th or 7th round picks though. 

We may trade Mo for a 2nd and a 3rd, or a 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

Lots of depth in this draft in the 2nd, and 3rd rounds. We draft a center/guard, and a tackle/guard in the 2nd, and 3rd rounds. 

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- They will stay at 20 and make a pick there.

- Mo Wilkerson will be traded Thursday night after the end of the 1st round.

- They will trade down in the 3rd round to get some later round picks.

- Muhammad Wilkerson will not be traded- play under franchise tag for 2016.

- Jets will trade down in the second round( need more picks) 

- Jets will trade Jace Amaro for draft picks( new regime isn't a fan of player or a fit what they are looking for).

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Damn, those are good ones.

1) Jets pick TWICE on thursday.

2) Richardson is the surprise trade, not Wilkerson (technically we haven't picked up his 5th year option yet)

3) Jets take Demarcus Robinson. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Jets trade Mo Wilk to move up and take another DL player.  

The Jets miss their 2nd round pick because they dont get to the podium in time.

The Jets trade the rest of their draft for Jaylon Smith.

I thought this was funny.  Maybe not.

Real predictions:

Jets draft a DT with the 20th pick.  Not sure who...maybe Robinson.

Jets trade out of the 2nd.

Jets pick Dak Prescott at some point. 

1) First round we either draft a CB or move down and take TE.

2) Im going to go real bold here...Jets use a second they acquire for trading Wilkerson to draft Treadwell.

3) Rex Ryan spite drafts Paxton Lynch so we cant have him (and ruins paxtons career)

1.  They will not trade down in the 1st.  90% of the board will bitch and moan about not trading down.

2.  90% of the board will bitch and moan about their pics.

3.  They will trade Mo for a 2, or maybe a 2 and something next year.  90% of the board will bitch about the trade

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

-they stay at 20 

-they take a guy who was rated as a solid first rounder or fell from top 15

-Shaq Lawson 

I like these a lot.

Three semi-original ones (sorry you're stuck associating me bitonti)

1. Jets draft a coverage LB who has some experience playing safety - Jayron Kearse is a name

2. Jets don't go 100 picks between making selections at any point (right now the 4th pick - 4th rounder - is 118 and the 5th pick - first of the two 7th rounders - is 235, think something has to happen there)

3. Jets take a small-school developmental OL late day 2 or day 3

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  Paxton Lynch will not be available when we pick, wherever that ends up being.

2.  We will end up drafting defense.

3.  @RutgersJetFan will be among the most unhappy about # 2.

Over the past 9 drafts, the Jets have had 11 first round draft picks. 8 of those have been used on corners and defensive linemen.

If they make it 9 for 12 in 10 years, I am going to stab myself in the eyes with a stale McRib sandwich.

And so help me god if some jagaloon starts lecturing me about how Macaggnan is a genius for doing so because of BAP sh*t.

1. Jets make their pick at 20. They do not select a QB with this pick, probably OL, WR, OLB or CB.

2. After the first round is in the books, and teams have established what needs they filled and/or still have, the Jets trade Mo Wilk for a 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st rounder next year—or some package that involves multiple picks that total out to late 1st round value for 2016. With multiple selections in the 2nd round, the Jets select a QB (Cook or Hackenberg) and an OLB/pass rusher or OL.

3. After Mo is traded, the Jets re-sign Fitz. No matter how high they are on the rookie QB or Petty, the Jets coaching staff doesn't like to start rookie QBs. Fitz's contract will protect us from him losing his job by next season.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Over the past 9 drafts, the Jets have had 11 first round draft picks. 8 of those have been used on corners and defensive linemen.

If they make it 9 for 12 in 10 years, I am going to stab myself in the eyes with a stale McRib sandwich.

And so help me god if some jagaloon starts lecturing me about how Macaggnan is a genius for doing so because of BAP sh*t.

I think this is the year we have to find a way to trade up or down depending on where the offensive players we're targeting fall.  Moving up for Lynch or moving down to grab an OT are highly preferable results. 

It's hard to find trade partners, but with so many talented D-Line players out there, its very possible a team who had a top 10/12 pick and missed out on one they wanted could move up into the 1st.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think this is the year we have to find a way to trade up or down depending on where the offensive players we're targeting fall.  Moving up for Lynch or moving down to grab an OT are highly preferable results. 

It's hard to find trade partners, but with so many talented D-Line players out there, its very possible a team who had a top 10/12 pick and missed out on one they wanted could move up into the 1st.

This draft has to be focused on laying some sort of foundation for an offense in the future. I've come to grips with the fact that the QB position isn't going to be solved, but in the meantime we have nothing working in the long term for WR and the OL. This is stuff that they have to start working on now, this year, otherwise we are seriously screwed in a couple years.

(I still hate the newer draft format of three days, sucks.)

One used to be able to have a legit draft bash when the 1st three rounds were on a Sat and the rest on sunday.

Couldn't agree more.  I hate the new (ish) format.

Archived