Paxton Lynch to Bills rumors

AFJF

8 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

I would have taken Gurley at 6 last year, Mac blew it, Shane Ray would have been my second choice, and we could have traded back to get them

now if we want Zeke, we pay big with extra picks, starting to really lose confidence in Mac, hopefully things change fast, but I think he's very average

and really last year proves he really isn't an elite evaluator of talent.  The Broncos on the other hand.....

The Jets are not drafting a RB in round 1, nor are they looking to do so. The only way it happens is if Elliot fell to the bottom half of the teens, or to our natural pick at #20 outright. Neither seems too likely.

13 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

I would have taken Gurley at 6 last year, Mac blew it, Shane Ray would have been my second choice, and we could have traded back to get them

now if we want Zeke, we pay big with extra picks, starting to really lose confidence in Mac, hopefully things change fast, but I think he's very average

and really last year proves he really isn't an elite evaluator of talent.  The Broncos on the other hand.....

Mac blew it last year by taking the best player in the draft instead of a positoin that is completely devalued in today's game?  

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mac blew it last year by taking the best player in the draft instead of a positoin that is completely devalued in today's game?  

Gurely is not just a run of the mill RB.  That kid is special, like AD special.  He is a game changer and would have been worth the risk.  We were loaded at DL.  Williams was not needed and a total luxury. I don't care if he was best player in the draft then why did he fall to 6?  Sometimes you go with need over BPA like the 5 other teams did before taking Williams.  The difference in talent isn't that far of a stretch.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Kind of yes. Nothing against Williams, but do you think the RAMS would take Elliot again this year if he was the BPA available (if they were picking at 15 still)...

No.. cause it's unnecessary. 

I stand by what i said last year, this year, and next year. Gurley should have been the pick. We would have been in the playoffs. 

I think I need to go back to last years draft discussions to see the legion of people hollering for us to take gurley at 6 last year becasue they are sure coming out of the wood work now after he overcame a serious knee injury and had a good year.  I simply don't recall a hoard of people blasting the jets for taking Williams instead of gurley around this time last year.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think I need to go back to last years draft discussions to see the legion of people hollering for us to take gurley at 6 last year becasue they are sure coming out of the wood work now after he overcame a serious knee injury and had a good year.  I simply don't recall a hoard of people blasting the jets for taking Williams instead of gurley around this time last year.

For me it's just that, despite anyone's talent, RB is such a high-injury + shorter-career position that it's so rarely the building block that warrants a 1st round pick. There are a couple of guys like that around (Peterson being the best example in the past decade), and Gurley may prove to be one of them in time. But when a high injury position is already coming into the league with injury concerns, it's tough to burn a #6 overall pick on a could-be-if-he-stays-healthy who's expected by many to go several picks later, and pass on a "sure thing" that fell into our lap, who was expected to go in the top 3-4 (and it seems he would have gone higher if not for the brownie points all QB prospects get).

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dude haven't you been following the Wilkerson debate?

Defensive Line is a nothing position. Worthless. 

Pass Rushers and Quarterbacks. Everything else is a myth.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Kind of yes. Nothing against Williams, but do you think the RAMS would take Elliot again this year if he was the BPA available (if they were picking at 15 still)...

I stand by what i said last year, this year, and next year. Gurley should have been the pick. We would have been in the playoffs. 

Someone gets it! ^_^

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Gurley is special, very special, he would have been an awesome Jet.  We will see him with the Rams this year in LA I think.

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Gurely is not just a run of the mill RB.  That kid is special, like AD special.  He is a game changer and would have been worth the risk.  We were loaded at DL.  Williams was not needed and a total luxury. I don't care if he was best player in the draft then why did he fall to 6?  Sometimes you go with need over BPA like the 5 other teams did before taking Williams.  The difference in talent isn't that far of a stretch.  

No way Williams was BPA, just because some idiot says he is, is BS, Gurley was BPA, time will prove that.

No.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Gurley gets us in the playoffs last year and you fcking know it. So deal with it.

Or don't. IDGAF

You were about the only one consistently lobbying for Gurley last year so you get your due on that one, unlike some of the others only now making these claims.

3 hours ago, Powpow said:

I wouldn't touch Zeke at 8.  There are other RB's in this draft that are special. Browns are such a mess they really should trade back and get more picks and totally revamp their roster.  They've already traded numerous starters.  They have to replace those positions from the housecleaning. 

He's going 4 unless the Cowboys trade back.

I've seen several mocks and analysts say that the Jets will have to jump over the Bills if they want Lynch because the will snag him at 19.

How does this make any sense if Rex and Whaley have been given an ultimatum to make the post-season this year or they're out? A project QB who needs a year or two of seasoning is going to be picked by a team who has to make the playoffs this season?

Am I off base in thinking that's insane?

Its actually a perfect fit, Shlt for brains QB for a Shlt for brains coach

I've seen several mocks and analysts say that the Jets will have to jump over the Bills if they want Lynch because the will snag him at 19.

How does this make any sense if Rex and Whaley have been given an ultimatum to make the post-season this year or they're out? A project QB who needs a year or two of seasoning is going to be picked by a team who has to make the playoffs this season?

Am I off base in thinking that's insane?

Its actually a perfect fit, Shlt for brains QB for a Shlt for brains coach

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

He made the Rams, sooooooo much better.

thats irrelevant. I can't wait to see Gurley in Los Angeles, he would be like getting John Riggens, a player that changes the dynamic of the

offense, to me Leo is not as good Shane Ray, who went at 20,  I dont see Leo as a real game changer yet, he will be though.

Gurley gets us in the playoffs last year and you fcking know it. So deal with it.

Or don't. IDGAF

It's not irrelevant, what is irrelevant is a RB.   7 RB's went north of 1,000.  6 of those teams, didnt make the playoffs.  Rams and Jets are included in that conversation.  

The Rams were 29 in points and 32 in yards on offense.  Gurley did nothing for that team other than provide some highlights.  

Lorenzo Maudlin had as many sacks as Shane Ray on 100 less snaps. 

Taking a RB in the top 10 is not a good investment, especially one coming off surgery.  

Who was the last elite RB to win anything?  Terrell Davis?  Emmitt Smith?  That was a long time ago.

You know what type of teams spend high draft picks on RB's?  sh*tty ones.  

Archived