Chad Pennington on Mike & Mike

Mainejet

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Long passes from chad were very much the exception.  50 yards is not a long throw btw.  Brady (and others) can heave it 70+ yards in the air.  

Yes all QBs need help but I think you know what I meant.  Trent Dilfer won a SB but needed an inordinate amount of help.  Chad was the same way.  Nearly every scoring drive was 13 plays of pulling teeth.  

to say all he did was dump off is incorrect though.

Trent Dilfer was vital to that Ravens SB run, obviously they won with D first but w/o him they don't win.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

to say all he did was dump off is incorrect though.

Trent Dilfer was vital to that Ravens SB run, obviously they won with D first but w/o him they don't win.

You're probably right.  I apologize to Dilfer for criticizing him like that (by comparing him to Chad).  

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Used to know some people who did some work at their house. You ever see Overboard? They're like that: really obnoxious & high-tempered snobs. Don't let the aw shucks looks & drawl fool you.

I don't buy it, I have been around him numerous times and he is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

I don't buy it, I have been around him numerous times and he is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met.  

Then don't buy it. After all, you did meet him at practice signing autographs. How on earth could he & the Mrs. be like any different than what you experienced, right?

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He really isn't. 

Yeah, there really is no evidence that points to him being one.  Between situations like the privilege rant, him patting himself on the back for his alleged "discount" (which, at the time, made him the highest paid QB), and being the absolute mopiest when benched for Clemens, I never got where this came from.  He's far from the worst of people, but nothing seems all that great about him either.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Then don't buy it. After all, you did meet him at practice signing autographs. How on earth could he & the Mrs. be like any different than what you experienced, right?

Not at any practice signings, not in public.  You don't have to believe me, believe what your friend says and bash him.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, there really is no evidence that points to him being one.  Between situations like the privilege rant, him patting himself on the back for his alleged "discount" (which, at the time, made him the highest paid QB), and being the absolute mopiest when benched for Clemens, I never got where this came from.  He's far from the worst of people, but nothing seems all that great about him either.

so b/c he had a bad day when he was frustrated w/ the media that makes him a bad guy?  One bad moment in all the years he was here and Jet fans hold it against him.  Our fanbase is the absolute worst.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so b/c he had a bad day when he was frustrated w/ the media that makes him a bad guy?  One bad moment in all the years he was here and Jet fans hold it against him.  Our fanbase is the absolute worst.

No, it's many bad moments being enough to suggest that he might not be the GREAT guy that has been baselessly claimed.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Not at any practice signings, not in public.  You don't have to believe me, believe what your friend says and bash him.

OK fine, then someplace else where he was a "featured guest" or something. Or were you two in the same knitting class?

But perhaps you're right. I'll just instead believe someone I don't know, who wasn't there, because the celebrity he looks up to could never put on a different face behind closed doors.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

No, it's many bad moments being enough to suggest that he might not be the GREAT guy that has been baselessly claimed.

please list these "many" bad moments

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK fine, then someplace else where he was a "featured guest" or something. Or were you two in the same knitting class?

But perhaps you're right. I'll just instead believe someone I don't know, who wasn't there, because the celebrity he looks up to could never put on a different face behind closed doors.

yes, we were in knitting class together.  You don't have to believe me, I don't care.  either way you haven't met the man and are believing second hand stories.

For the record, I don't look up to celebrities in any way, I am not in awe of any of them.  I am lucky enough to interact w/ many w/ regards to what I do for a living.  Some I really like, some I really dislike- I am in awe of none of them.

49 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Used to know some people who did some work at their house. You ever see Overboard? They're like that: really obnoxious & high-tempered snobs. Don't let the aw shucks looks & drawl fool you.

Sad to hear. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I already did in the very post to which you originally replied.  You opting to ignore things that don't suit your agenda doesn't change that.

I saw some made up things but you can view him however you like.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I saw some made up things but you can view him however you like.

The funny thing is how upset you're getting over the fact that I made the point that he's hardly the worst of pepole, but doesn't deserve the sad degree of love and emotion some feel the need to give to a normal dude who has repeatedly shown he can be kind of a douche at times.  Sorry if real life events that actually occurred for all the world to see need to be pointlessly deemed as fake in your mind to justify such an infatuation.

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well said fellow idiot who also likes to argue about all sorts of sh*t... on a message board.  That last part speaks to absolutely everyone on here, with absolutely no exceptions.

dude you know this has been beat to death it just needs to go away

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The funny thing is how upset you're getting over the fact that I made the point that he's hardly the worst of pepole, but doesn't deserve the sad degree of love and emotion some feel the need to give to a normal dude who has repeatedly shown he can be kind of a douche at times.  Sorry if real life events that actually occurred for all the world to see need to be pointlessly deemed as fake in your mind to justify such an infatuation.

I am not upset, I know the truth and understand what comes w/ celebrity in this Country.

the only real life event you have proof of is the scolding the reporters that day.  the other stuff is made up in your head.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How could someone who lectured the lowly media on what an honor and privilege it was for them to be around him and his god like peers not be an egomaniacal snob? Lol. Still amazed that people bought into this Chad's a great guy nonsense

Personally I think it is a privilege to call him a douche.

Good or bad person aside he was the worst thing that could have happened to the Jets and set the franchise starving for a championship back way too many years.  Horrible QB with a noodle arm that crapped his pants under any kind of pressure.  Even worse are the dumb fans that defend him.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

How could someone who lectured the lowly media on what an honor and privilege it was for them to be around him and his god like peers not be an egomaniacal snob? Lol. Still amazed that people bought into this Chad's a great guy nonsense

what's funny is fans are always complaining about the media but Chad has one bad moment toward the media(which he apologized for by the way) and it's held against him forever.  Just amazing.

Archived