Jaylon Smith Opinion

Mo Lew

If given the chance where you draft him or would you pass regardless?   Personally I think he is going to be star in 2-3 years. If he's available at the bottom of the 2nd or top of the 3rd I'd put a package together and pull the trigger.

If the jets were sitting there with 10 picks I'd be more for taking this type of chance, with only 6 as it is now not so much.  Some team with comp picks will take him or some team will be ballsy and draft him earlier.  I'd certainly not put a package together to go get him.  In the end his fate as far as teams drafting him falls 100% on their medical teams shoulders.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets were sitting there with 10 picks I'd be more for taking this type of chance, with only 6 as it is now not so much.  Some team with comp picks will take him or some team will be ballsy and draft him earlier.  I'd certainly not put a package together to go get him.  In the end his fate as far as teams drafting him falls 100% on their medical teams shoulders.

I'd be shocked if the Jets only come out of this draft with 6 players.  I expect a trade back or two, and if they manage to trade Mo, you're looking at 9 or 10 picks. 

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I'd be shocked if the Jets only come out of this draft with 6 players.  I expect a trade back or two, and if they manage to trade Mo, you're looking at 9 or 10 picks. 

I agree, they will get more picks one way or the other.  I just don't think we will use one on Smith too early and that someone else will pick him earlier than we are prepared to.

Given the Jets lack of picks, he isn't really an option for them unless they drop back in the 1st and get some extra picks. But he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd round easily, probably to a team that can wait and has extra picks in other rounds. If you can get a top 5 talent in the 3rd round, it's a win. Some team is going to look brilliant in two years.

Archived