If Mo is not traded today.....

varjet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We aren't moving Mo today, I think its logistically impossible at this point.  Fitz will take the offer we originally proposed or we roll with Geno for at least this year.

Why is it impossible at this point?

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

He's not.  We're not cutting Giacomini with DBrick retiring, regardless of who we draft at OL.  So he's either going with Geno or he's rescinding the tag.  

Breno should be cut no matter what. Marshall and Mangold can both be re-worked. There is money to be made available. It just helps a lot if Mo is sent on his way.

Also, this team is never going with Geno. If that hasn't been made abundantly apparent to people by now, you might want to invest your time in something else.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Breno should be cut no matter what. Marshall and Mangold can both be re-worked. There is money to be made available. It just helps a lot if Mo is sent on his way.

Also, this team is never going with Geno. If that hasn't been made abundantly apparent to people by now, you might want to invest your time in something else.

I'm not advocating Geno by no means but Macc has backed himself into a corner.  I mean basically his only options right now to start at QB are Fitz and Hoyer.  And we can't afford either right now.  Let that sink in for a few.   

Am we're not talking about a $100M extensions like several other teams for their franchise QBs.  For talking mega millions for one year stop gap QBs.  

11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

He's not.  We're not cutting Giacomini with DBrick retiring, regardless of who we draft at OL.  So he's either going with Geno or he's rescinding the tag.  

Why not? Giacomini is not good, and his $5M would help make a serious dent in a contract for Fitzpatrick, who they want to bring back.

Whether or not we like it, there's probably just as good of a chance (if not better) for Wilkerson to get traded tomorrow as there is today.  There would certainly be more teams interested at a loser cost, plus have additional interest caused by how tonight goes, such as a team with a hole on the DL not addressing as they may have planned, or at least strongly considered, coming into tonight.

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

He can be traded tomorrow.

would anybody be all that upset if we got SF's second-rounder (#37), RT Anthony Davis, and some late round fodder?

Nobody is going to take him and give up a high value pick with no contract in place.  Where do people keep thinking we are going to move Mo overnight when we couldn't get a contract together in 2+ yrs with him and with 1 of those years being where we were required to spend 10's of millions of dollars.  I just don't see it getting done during the draft, if it does I'll once again tip my hat to Macc as etching another notch in his GM belt and being one of the best GMs in the business.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I thought Brick retiring already freed up the money for Fitz.  

What happened to that money?

Clady got most of it.  

On Breno, regardless of his suckage, if (when) Clady misses time, it will be draft pick, Qvale, and Ijalana.  Which between the 3 have zero snaps career.  So yeah, Breno stays unless we use our first two picks on tackles.

Need $8-10 mil for Fitz

Need $5 mil for rookies

teams like to have around $5 mil in space for in-season moves.

Currently $3+ mil in cap space.

If Mo isn't dealt, Mac's gonna be busy as hell re-working deals.

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

would anybody be all that upset if we got SF's second-rounder (#37), RT Anthony Davis, and some late round fodder?

That's actually pretty good.  Add a conditional pick if Davis plays the retirement card again.

You guys have your priorities mixed up.  QB?  What to do about our stud DE eating 16mil under a franchise tag?...  all nonsense in comparison to when the LA Rams do a remake of this video?

This is what we've been missing w/o an LA team.

Watch "Ram IT (NFL Rams Football Team) Song" on YouTube

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Clady got most of it.  

On Breno, regardless of his suckage, if (when) Clady misses time, it will be draft pick, Qvale, and Ijalana.  Which between the 3 have zero snaps career.  So yeah, Breno stays unless we use our first two picks on tackles.

Clady has had 2 injuries in 8 years.  Where is this narrative that he is injury prone?  He had a fluke injury in training camp last year, played at a pro bowl level in 14 and had a ACL injury in 2013.  Prior to 2013 he played every game since 2008.  I'm not concerned with Clady missing any time this year.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Need $8-10 mil for Fitz

Need $5 mil for rookies

teams like to have around $5 mil in space for in-season moves.

Currently $3+ mil in cap space.

If Mo isn't dealt, Mac's gonna be busy as hell re-working deals.

Its not that hard honestly.  Breno restructure or cut, Mangold restructure, Marshall restructure, Decker and/or Skrine restructure.  You can probably free up about an extra 12-14 million.  8 million needed for FItz tops, but a large amount of it being signing bonus will have him on the cap for probably vet minimum.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

That's actually pretty good.  Add a conditional pick if Davis plays the retirement card again.

Plus a 4th this year, pulls the trigger, walks into the sunset with his coffee. 

Exec of the year, two years in a row. 

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Clady has had 2 injuries in 8 years.  Where is this narrative that he is injury prone?  He had a fluke injury in training camp last year, played at a pro bowl level in 14 and had a ACL injury in 2013.  Prior to 2013 he played every game since 2008.  I'm not concerned with Clady missing any time this year.

Ok.  We got lucky with Colon for a season.  Maybe.  But as a GM you sure as hell don't want to go into a season with Clady as your only experienced OT.  You can, but that's how you get fired.

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is a pretty enticing deal, if its a 3rd or 4th rounder I would probably take it.  San Fran is loaded iwth draft picks

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Ok.  We got lucky with Colon for a season.  Maybe.  But as a GM you sure as hell don't want to go into a season with Clady as your only experienced OT.  You can, but that's how you get fired.

The patriots didn't last year.  At some point the young guys have to play at these positions.  If the Jets really do feel high on Qvale taking RT, thats fantastic.

Archived