If Mo is not traded today.....

varjet

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I can't be as optimistic. Teams KNOW we have to move Mo to free up cap space. I don't think we'll get nearly as much of a haul as you think. Hope I'm wrong.

And that he wants a monster contract..

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My prediction is tomorrow, for multiple picks that amount to first round value.

After tonight, every team will know what they got out of the first round and what they still need. Jets will have a window of time to get Mo's contract right, and get the deal done.

I'm eyeing up those Titans second rounders. 3 of the first 14 picks in R2. I want two of them, and a 2017 conditional pick, or something like that.

Imagine if we haul something like this in just the first 2 rounds alone:

• Laquon Treadwell, WR (make believe he is BPA for the sake of argument)
  • Jason Spriggs or OT
  • Kyler Fackrell, or OLB
  • Hackenberg, or QB

that's as good as could be hoped for though i may nitpick on treadwell vs doctson

And they've been doing medical checks and negotiations how? Facetime?

Actually, telemedicine is a big thing nowadays...and he's recovering from a broken fibula not an ACL say...bones heal, and X-rays are easy to view remotely. What was proposed wasn't necessarily out of the realm of possibility.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Scary.  When I see "restructure", to me that means screw the future.  Cool when needed for a good player, but for Fitz?  Eh.

From the latest rumors today it sounds like Fitz would rather retire then get 8mil from the Jets.  So in that case, we have much less restructuring to do! :)

1 minute ago, 77DRAFT said:

Mo will be Jet for another year, not even sure we get the 3rd if we sign sign a top tier free agent our selves,

good work MAC, now go get us some more corners and DE's.

Your gonna be so mad when we win the Superbowl. So mad.

3 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Clady has had 2 injuries in 8 years.  Where is this narrative that he is injury prone?  He had a fluke injury in training camp last year, played at a pro bowl level in 14 and had a ACL injury in 2013.  Prior to 2013 he played every game since 2008.  I'm not concerned with Clady missing any time this year.

Clady didn't have a probowl season in 2014( made it off of reputation more). Clady hasn't been the same offense lineman since he had lis-franc surgery.

Clady was the best Lt option out there for the Jets, and if he can ever regain his form would be an actually steal for the Jets.   Can he, is the question only time will answer.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

then we should be happy keeping a guy who was voted by his peers onto the NFL top 100 B4 he had a bunch of sacks

only jets fans can't wait to get rid of the teams best young player

so ******* strange

Not so strange if you care about a future!!

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Not so strange if you care about a future!!

you need elite talent to win, and it is expensive.  the mistake the jets made was revis and skrine contracts and guy passed his prime and a browns scrub.  getting rid of mo after letting snacks walk on top of that is a disaster

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

you need elite talent to win, and it is expensive.  the mistake the jets made was revis and skrine contracts and guy passed his prime and a browns scrub.  getting rid of mo after letting snacks walk on top of that is a disaster

You need elite talent at certain positions to win. Run stuffing defensive end is not one of them. If getting rid of Mo nets the Jets an actual QB or an actual game changer on the edge, they do it. 

58 minutes ago, Larz said:

then we should be happy keeping a guy who was voted by his peers onto the NFL top 100 B4 he had a bunch of sacks

only jets fans can't wait to get rid of the teams best young player

so ******* strange

We want him, we just cant have him. I doubt anyone wants Wilk to be traded because we dont like him as a football player. We're just not so hung up on it. His replacement is already on the team and we havent made the playoffs since Wilk has been here and we need the money. Its time to restructure and re-evaluate. 

15 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

We wait till day 3 and draft Dak Prescott. Really believe this is the type of QB that our OC wants. Took a beating last year but has a lot of intangibles and athleticism. I think his ceiling is close to Russell Wilson

I havent looked at every Prescott video available, but Russell Wilson is some pretty big shoes to fill. You're that confident? 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You need elite talent at certain positions to win. Run stuffing defensive end is not one of them. If getting rid of Mo nets the Jets an actual QB or an actual game changer on the edge, they do it. 

no, snacks was the run stuffer.  try to keep up

Archived