Per Evan Silva on Twitter regarding Fitz

SR24

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Define interested?  They didn't bring him in, didn't interview him, just said they weren't interested after there was speculation that they would be interested. 

My understanding from reading various insider reports and NFL Network was that they were interested in talking to him but not at what he is asking for.  While I don't feel the Jets will meet his asking price (initially believed to be $18M per) I do feel they would pay him slightly more than other teams ($7-9M) because of his season last year and his comfort in Gaily's offense.

13 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I hope Hack doesn't wear 14, hopefully something like 12 or 18 which bring good luck

Agreed. Give him 12.

14 would put a lot of pressure on him as he'd draw comparisons to our record setting passer. 

Ah so now you all wanna sh*t on me huh? You wanna talk all that riff raffsh*t? Yeah I forgot Namath existed for a minute, yeah I did that yeah but I remember now, I remember big sexy, the fur coat wearer, the SB champion I love Namath

59 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Ah so now you all wanna sh*t on me huh? You wanna talk all that riff raffsh*t? Yeah I forgot Namath existed for a minute, yeah I did that yeah but I remember now, I remember big sexy, the fur coat wearer, the SB champion I love Namath

Who?

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

OK he must have changed to 6. Speaking of 18 it reminds me of Al Woodall, that's how far I go back.

he did, we got him in 1997 and he wore 18 and changed to 6 in 1998 and wore it the rest of his time here.

Woodall and Lucas are really the only notable jets to ever wear 18.

On April 28, 2016 at 3:46 PM, rldev said:

Just make a trade for Glennon. He is as good as any of the clowns we could be drafting and is ready to play now. Really it's no a brainier at this point. Give a second for Glennon who you know is definitely serviceable with good upside or draft another unknown in a weak QB class? 

Either that or just start Geno.

Fitz will be playing for less than half of what the jets are offering in 2017 if he takes the season off.

Archived