Per Evan Silva on Twitter regarding Fitz

SR24

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

What I thought all along. Guys like Fitz and Brick aren't in it full-heartedly they just want a 16 game season and vacation ... and it showed.

Agree about Fitz but putting Brick in that category is nuts imo.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate bashing the guy because I appreciate the year he had for us but this is obviously him playing the only leverage he has left.  Macc is playing this right, why bid against ourselves?  If he had a better offer he would've taken it right now.  Sorry Fitz you coming off a little desperate now.

If he simply wanted to retire for any of the number of good reasons NFL players have been doing so younger and younger these days, like Brick, I could certainly get and appreciate that.

If he really wants to play, but is just being pouty because he thinks he deserves more than absolutely anyone who actually pays the money thinks he does, then screw him, he can have fun watching from home.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Schefter just reported this on ESPN too. Polian responded with: "Well they better figure out something. Who else do they have? Geno Smith?? Holy moly!"

Who cares? 

Honestly people what the worst that can happen? We go 1-15 and we get a high draft pick.

Good. Thanks for last year but we're not winning a championship with you anyway, so lets save the cash for people who will help.

On that note, Mac could have easily have made room and paid him for a year and made his contract cap friendly and cut him after this year.

The fact that he didn't makes me think he has something up his sleeve...and its not Geno Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If he simply wanted to retire for any of the number of good reasons NFL players have been doing so younger and younger these days, like Brick, I could certainly get and appreciate that.

If he really wants to play, but is just being pouty because he thinks he deserves more than absolutely anyone who actually pays the money thinks he does, then screw him, he can have fun watching from home.

Agreed.  Especially because by all accounts, the Jets are the only one who even floated an offer.  

Beggers cant be choosers...but they can retire. 

3 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-05%20at%207.39.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-05%20at%207.42.1

The guy admitted he was losing it.  If anything that's extremely commendable vs some older vet living off reputation.

Brick is the definition of a franchise player we need more of.

Fitz is a journeyman ripoff artist we can do w/o.

Could it be a face saving move for him?  Knowing the Jets are going to take Lynch and their offer is going to be pulled...and no one else is going to sign him..

So instead of being disgraced as a guy that bluffed and lost...he simply retires and says it was because he didn't get the ridiculous amount he demanded?

25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Cimini was right, they raised the offer to 9-10m. Bottom line, if you don't want to play here, I don't want you here.

This!!

Fitz is being offered $10 Million Dollars to play football and acts like this is an INSULT!!! 

$10 MILLLION DOLLARS............

Insulted...

What a Joke!! 

I blame his agents.  Their job is to gauge the market and to get their client as much as they can without distorting his thought process.

EMMMMMBARRRRRRRRRRRASSING!!!!!

Good Grief!!!

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

The guy admitted he was losing it.  If anything that's extremely commendable vs some older vet living off reputation.

Brick is the definition of a franchise player we need more of.

Fitz is a journeyman ripoff artist we can do w/o.

LOL What?

46 minutes ago, SR24 said:

"From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "Rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer"   

Goodbye Fitzpatrick greatest Jets news I've heard all offseason. 

Geno Smith next man up. 

LETS DO THIS

Geno-Smith4.jpg

6a01a511621c4d970c01b8d0d9327f970c-800wi

Petty, Geno and 1 of... Hack, Cook, Prescott, Hogan or Brissett?

It is, what it is.

Fitz's strength was getting the ball out quick, leadership and knowing the offense. Not really anything else. Surely these skills aren't exclusive to him... 

LOL at people giving him sh*t for this.

Do people even watch Fitz play? I can fully understand the guy being reluctant to come back for anything less than he wants. I'll call it a bluff when we see it's a bluff. He doesn't strike me as someone who was stupid with his money, I don't blame him for putting a high price on his healthy.

That said, I fully support the Jets on this. He's not worth what he's asking for, especially with no long term solidity which he's admitting himself with the retirement stuff.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Goodbye Fitzpatrick greatest Jets news I've heard all offseason. 

Geno Smith next man up. 

LETS DO THIS

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Geno time, until Petty or the rook is ready. 

Yes. The Jets brought in Hoyer and took him out to dinner because it's Geno time. Come on guys. Let's get smart about this. If Geno was the man, why bring in Fitz last season?

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

LOL at people giving him sh*t for this.

Do people even watch Fitz play? I can fully understand the guy being reluctant to come back for anything less than he wants. I'll call it a bluff when we see it's a bluff. He doesn't strike me as someone who was stupid with his money, I don't blame him for putting a high price on his healthy.

That said, I fully support the Jets on this. He's not worth what he's asking for, especially with no long term solidity which he's admitting himself with the retirement stuff.

Do you think football is the only career that you may get injured doing?? 

Archived