Late whispers about TCU WR Josh Doctson

Morrissey

I've seen a few reports the Jets like Doctson, and now just hours away from draft time this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25570192/la-canforas-nfl-mock-draft-saints-wheel-and-deal-grab-paxton-lynch

Not really a big need, but Marshall and Decker arent young, and I love Doctson, think he's been overlooked this entire process. He's my #1 in this class. 

Well we have Devin Smith and hopefully he can turn it around this season. The coaching staff last year was never down on him. But a lot of analysts think that Doctson is the best receiver in this draft and won't last until 20. And that someone will probably trade up for him. I wouldn't do it but if he falls to 20 he'd be a solid pick,

I have not watched any film on WRs this year yet, but I am totally fine if the Jets draft one tonight.

For the record, I liked Amari Cooper, loved Kevin White, and hated Devin Smith last year.  Loved Brandin Cooks, was lukewarm on OBJ (oops), and hated Marquise Lee the year before.

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i like treadwill and coleman bettter but wouldnt hate this pick

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Treadwell 

= SLOW GARBAGE Leonte Carroo with all his issues will have a better pro career than Treadwell. 

38 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

= SLOW GARBAGE Leonte Carroo with all his issues will have a better pro career than Treadwell. 

he can run routes which is most important.  plenty of wr's have run in that range and are really good

23 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

Nah. Good size best hands in the draft and is a phenomenal blocker as well. He also runs solid routes I love the guy

There are 3 or 4 teams looking at WR in round one after the Jets pick. If the guys the Jets want are gone, let one of those WR hungry teams reach up and grab this guy. That way they can get some extra picks, save some money on the first rounder, and still be able to get a solid player. 

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There are 3 or 4 teams looking at WR in round one after the Jets pick. If the guys the Jets want are gone, let one of those WR hungry teams reach up and grab this guy. That way they can get some extra picks, save some money on the first rounder, and still be able to get a solid player. 

No way in hell we need to either make a trade and get a better pick or stay put at 20 and pick the BPA 

We need immediate impact players not 7-8 camp bodies or projects

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've seen a few reports the Jets like Doctson, and now just hours away from draft time this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25570192/la-canforas-nfl-mock-draft-saints-wheel-and-deal-grab-paxton-lynch

Not really a big need, but Marshall and Decker arent young, and I love Doctson, think he's been overlooked this entire process. He's my #1 in this class. 

Same here. I would love the pick.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell we need to either make a trade and get a better pick or stay put at 20 and pick the BPA 

We need immediate impact players not 7-8 camp bodies or projects

Moving down three or four spots and picking up an extra 4th rounder or more is not a bad idea. You can still take BPA. The Jets have more holes on the roster than just one player at 20. They need lots of bodies. If you remember, special teams wasn't good last season. That's a result of draft picks in later rounds not working out. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Moving down three or four spots and picking up an extra 4th rounder or more is not a bad idea. You can still take BPA. The Jets have more holes on the roster than just one player at 20. They need lots of bodies. If you remember, special teams wasn't good last season. That's a result of draft picks in later rounds not working out. 

We arent drafting for "special teams" players Carl we have holes to fill on offense and defense IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We arent drafting for "special teams" players Carl we have holes to fill on offense and defense IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been drinking already, haven't you?

The Jets can move down a few slots and still get an impact player at that slot on either side of the ball. Trading back allows them to pick up extra picks in later rounds for players who will contribute to special teams. I'm not sure what you're not understanding. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You've been drinking already, haven't you?

The Jets can move down a few slots and still get an impact player at that slot on either side of the ball. Trading back allows them to pick up extra picks in later rounds for players who will contribute to special teams. I'm not sure what you're not understanding. 

No Carl no drinking no drugs common sense football you should learn it. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

My thoughts exactly. Others have disagreed, but I think he's got the size and speed to be an impact WR who can spend his rookie year learning from Decker and Marshall

Archived