Cimini.... Mac has an affinity for Hackenberg

32EBoozer

4 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

ANYONE WHO WANTS HACKENBERG GO WATCH THE TEMPLE GAME.

25 for 47 with 2TDs and 5INTs. AWFUL game. Oh wait, that was Goff against Utah.

Yeah, yeah we know Hackenurg at PSU. No one knows more than a Penn State fan like myself. But there was something there as a freshmen that was destroyed thanks to awful coaching and a terrible offensive line thanks to sanctions. He is not Logan Thomas who never had it. This kid had it and was stripped of it. Big difference. Which team thinks they can build him back up like Denver will have to build up Lynch?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Hackenberg will be the best qb in this class.

As long as Franklin doesn't come with him

Bingo , if O'Brien stayed at PSU , we'd all be talking about Hackenburg along with Wentz and Goff. 

I'd much rather have him than Lynch or Connor Cook. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

25 for 47 with 2TDs and 5INTs. AWFUL game. Oh wait, that was Goff against Utah.

Yeah, yeah we know Hackenurg at PSU. No one knows more than a Penn State fan like myself. But there was something there as a freshmen that was destroyed thanks to awful coaching and a terrible offensive line thanks to sanctions. He is not Logan Thomas who never had it. This kid had it and was stripped of it. Big difference. Which team thinks they can build him back up like Denver will have to build up Lynch?

HACKENBERG =CEMENT SHOES

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

HACKENBERG =CEMENT SHOES

His 40 yard dash was faster than Vernon Adams/Lynch/Cook/Cardale/Sudfeld. But he will never try to convince anyway he is a mobile QB. He is not. If he takes off when a play breaks down he can eat up some yards, but guys like Flacco/elli/Peyton/Brady/ are all lead footed QBs. I'd settle for any of them. 

Geno has great feet, very fast. How'd that work out for us?

Ugh I can't think  of which is worse out of geno, hackenberg or kaepernick. I think I'd go hackenberg, geno then poop then a stray dog then a mailbox then maybe kaep, but I don't know how I feel if we draft hack. If Macc drafts him, I will officially believe in him and think he will be good, but as of now, since he hasn't, I think he sucks 

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

HACKENBERG =CEMENT SHOES

Did you see PSU's Oline the past two seasons - No - either did I , because it was a virtual turnstyle. 

Hackenburg will be a better pro than what he showed in a broken down program at PSU. 

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how anyone can watch Hackenberg's game tape and think, "NFL starter." At this stage, no other quarterback available is a better prospect than Petty was coming out (except Petty now has a season under his belt in this offense). 

Let's just get what is likely to be another mediocre season out of the way and maybe next year the Jets will make a play to trade up the draft and grab an elite qb prospect. 

11 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

All a smokescreen...Jets will be first team in history to draft a punter in the first round. It is definitely a top need....

I guess your not a history fan the Raiders have drafted both a punter Ray Guy and a KIcker Janakowski in the 1st rd..:)

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

"Kellen Clemens is the most prominent ready QB in this class" (or some sh*t like that)

-Ron Jaworski.

Any time an analyst is wrong about a player coming out if college, it's a clear sign that nothing they say for the next 3-5 decades means anything.  

Seems legit.

fwiw

51. New York Jets: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

The Jets are smart not to overpay Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's only a stopgap signal-caller at this point in his career, while the team's third quarterback, Bryce Petty, was just a fourth-rounder. General manager Mike Maccagnan worked with Bill O'Brien in Houston and heard O'Brien gush about Hackenberg. The Jets have done a ton of homework on Hackenberg this spring. New York needs a long-term franchise quarterback, and I think Hackenberg is the target here.

In 2015, Hackenberg completed 54 percent of his passes for 2,525 yards and 16 touchdowns with six interceptions. He needs to make big improvements to his accuracy and precision, but in almost every game of his career, he also made some great passes downfield that were dropped by his receivers. After being sacked over 80 times across the past two seasons, Hackenberg is a project and not an instant starter in the NFL.

Hackenberg completed 56 percent of his passes in 2014 for 2,677 yards with 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He played better than the numbers indicate as his supporting cast was a huge liability and the offensive line was awful. To end the season, Hackenberg led a huge overtime, comeback win over Boston College, completing 34-of-50 passes for 371 yards and four touchdowns.

Hackenberg (6-4, 223) was the star recruit for Bill O'Brien at Penn State and proved the hype wasn't misplaced during an impressive 2013 season that saw him named the Big Ten Freshman of the Year. Hackenberg completed 59 percent of his passes for 2,955 yards with 20 touchdowns and 10 interceptions that season. He also ran for four touchdowns. Hackenberg has good size and a strong arm. He showed better field vision while playing for O'Brien.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016charlieredraft_2.php

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

Gentlemen... i will not live through the night. I promise you - I can't... I just can't...  You know, had we not suffered through 15 years of ineptitude... but we did. We have... 

No... no no  no no... Hackenfck... I ffu..... no. 

He didn't regress because the coaching change led to a different offensive system. He regressed because he's an uncoachable douchebag to everybody.  

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Any time an analyst is wrong about a player coming out if college, it's a clear sign that nothing they say for the next 3-5 decades means anything.  

Seems legit.

His comments on Kaepernick weren't that long ago. Jaws has no idea what he's talking about.

38 minutes ago, C Mart said:

just curious. what is this based on?

Absolutely nothing. Anyone that claims that there is no correlation between the coaching/system change and Hackenberg regressing doesn't have a clue. Nevermind the fact that his O-Line the last 2 seasons made the '07 Jets look championship caliber.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Absolutely nothing. Anyone that claims that there is no correlation between the coaching/system change and Hackenberg regressing doesn't have a clue. Nevermind the fact that his O-Line the last 2 seasons made the '07 Jets look championship caliber.

Based solely on media interviews and some behind the scenes shows I've seen, Cook comes as the douchebag in this class.

Hackenberg kind of reminds me of Testeverde. He needs a clean pocket to pass in and he will need to be in the right system. I like him because has a huge arm and has all the natural abilities you look for in a QB - but he is not going to win the game by himself at this point. Vinny struggled in the west coast offense and struggled when rushers where at his feet very much the same way. Andrew Luck does too as a matter of fact. I am not saying Hackenberg will be great and its a guarantee - but he does have all the unteachable tools to be a very good NFL QB. It's much easier to teach footwork than it is arm strength and size.

21 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

All a smokescreen...Jets will be first team in history to draft a punter in the first round. It is definitely a top need....

Guess your attempt at being funny got in the way of history and your orbit about HOF punter Ray Guy. 

5 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

if WE TAKE HACKENsh*t IN THE SECOND AND SPRIGGS AND MICHAEL THOMAS AND TYLER BOYD ARE STILL ON THE BOARD IM GONNA ******* PUNCH MY WALL AND I AM NOT EVEN JOKING

Don't punch your wall. If you punch the wall and miss the stud then you have to repair the wall. If you hit it then you need to repair your hand.

Try the door frame. Nice, flat, and strong. Just don't do it to much or you start to damage your elbow. 

6 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

But I do have to say, Hackenberg would be a pretty face for new york, if he does good here (under 10 percent chance) He will definitely be the sexiest quarterback in New york since Namath.

christian-hackenberg-650.jpg

Look at that stud :wub:

Would you say he'd cleanse us of prior buildup, Colgateman?

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Don't punch your wall. If you punch the wall and miss the stud then you have to repair the wall. If you hit it then you need to repair your hand.

Try the door frame. Nice, flat, and strong. Just don't do it to much or you start to damage your elbow. 

I would not really punch my wall, do you know how much that sh*t cost up here to fix? **** that sh*t

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Would you say he'd cleanse us of prior buildup, Colgateman?

Idk about that but if he is decent (under 2 percent chance) he would cleanse us of sh*t QB play

Archived