**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You guys are straight up hilarious. Darron Lee is a BEAST.  Outside of Jack and Jaylon Smith, both of whom are injured, he is the best all around defensive player in this draft.  He is the fastest linebacker in this draft and can cover slot receivers, backs and TEs.    He has very good hands for a linebacker and is also a tremendous blitzer, either off the edge or up the middle. He also is a good against the run as well.  He needs to get a little stronger but Bowles is going to love this guy.  I believe he is going to suit up and be an impact player from DAY ONE. 

WTF is this sh*t. Take your level headed reasoning and gfy.

Just now, CaliforniaJet said:

How many QBs has Elway drafted that went on to be awesome? He signed Manning and the defense had to win the ring for him.Then he signed Sanchez.  How is Elway a QB draft guru now? 

Agreed. He doesn't know what the hell he's doing over there. That's why they stink.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

It's apparent our front office doesn't know where the league is going.  It's a passing league.  All about offense.  Rules give the advantage to the offense.  And after drafting defense in the first round every year this decade, we take a back up ILB with no QB worth anything on our roster.  

You entirely missed the point... We have been getting SHREDDED by the likes of Gronk and slot receivers for years.  We finally get a guy who can cover those types of players and you complain because we didn't take a project quarterback, smdh.   The draft has a few more rounds to go so why not just give the FO a chance?  Team just got better today. 

Sounds like a winner to me

WEAKNESSES

Smallish linebacker. Play strength doesn't come close to matching puffed up listed weight. Balance issues at point of attack could plague him over his NFL career. Has the body type of a big safety. Tape shows few authoritative tackles. Involved in too many arm and shoestring tackles. Comes flying in and fails to come to balance at times. Charged with 21 missed and five broken tackles over the last two seasons. Always at size disadvantage and will have to learn to slip more block

21 missed tackles do to size... Nice.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What is this based on, exactly

He was a great one. Won the sweepstakes for Manning (when many had him as a liability with the neck injury and age)  and signed the backup who played well enough to get a monster contract this offseason. Not a bad track record for the few hers he's been in charge over there. 

I also heard he read a big fat book about the position so there's that

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agreed. He doesn't know what the hell he's doing over there. That's why they stink.

They dont stink, I never said that. He has a great defense and he signed Manning. How hard was it to know that Manning was a good QB? My post was about drafting QBs, how many good ones has he drafted? Please stay on topic. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

We got a guy broadly projected in the top 15 at 20. That's a player dropping to us, like last year.

I have to say, but will only say this once, that I find your eternal optimism refreshing. Even when I disagree with you it's kinda nice. Like a york peppermint pattie. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Sounds like a winner to me

WEAKNESSES

Smallish linebacker. Play strength doesn't come close to matching puffed up listed weight. Balance issues at point of attack could plague him over his NFL career. Has the body type of a big safety. Tape shows few authoritative tackles. Involved in too many arm and shoestring tackles. Comes flying in and fails to come to balance at times. Charged with 21 missed and five broken tackles over the last two seasons. Always at size disadvantage and will have to learn to slip more block

21 missed tackles do to size... Nice.

Guess he has zero strengths. 

7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

It's apparent our front office doesn't know where the league is going.  It's a passing league.  All about offense.  Rules give the advantage to the offense.  And after drafting defense in the first round every year this decade, we take a back up ILB with no QB worth anything on our roster.  

See Denver Broncos playoffs and SB. MANNING just lit it up. Defense - speed kills.

Archived