Wow. The draft party...

sirlancemehlot

I was there for a little more than an hour with my little guy.  Locker room tour was cool.  Went up to the party and it was PACKED.  Food lines were too long for us so we sat outside for a while and watched a couple picks.  Came inside and got a cookie for him then found a spot to sit and eat it.  Then we took off (was late for him, I was hungry, and food lines were still way too long).

For me, last year was way better.  On the field with big slides and such for the kid.  Lots more elbow room and easier access to food.

This year, they had $5 beers which I'd have been all over had I not been there with the kid and have an interview tomorrow.

Jets reps were all over directing folks, which was nice.  I am glad they do these free events and love excuses to go to the stadium in the off season.  Movie night is in late June or July, I think.  Look forward to that.

That's because this year they're sharing the draft with both Jets and Giants season-ticket holders last year the Giants were in The Limited numbers going into the Timex training facility

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

That's because this year they're sharing the draft with both Jets and Giants season-ticket holders last year the Giants were in The Limited numbers going into the Timex training facility

Plus this year the actual field is off limits due to motocross

Plus this year the actual field is off limits due to motocross

You realize how effed up that really is. They schedule Motocross at the stadium when the Jets Giants organization owns the stadium.

Yeah right, the organization really cares about the season ticket holder...

15 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Name names.

Instead of naming the bad, I'll mention the good. 

Im buying two footballs for the youngsters with me when I look over at the free t shirt table and some big bearded guy gets behind the table to help hand them out. He's smirking as fan after clueless fan grab a shirt and hurry off to go get autographs or beer or whatever. I recognize the guy. And walk over with my footballs and get Trevor Reilly to sign them for the boys. Pretty funny. He had to be screwing with fans. Good guy. Mauldin  was also a gentleman and happy to sign and take pics. Two D backs were less approachable. Petty wasn't really signing but he was obviously apologetic about it as he was shuffled along by jets personnel. 

11 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Is horrendous. Overcrowded understaffed. Not enough venders. Nor enough room. Players refusing autographs. Epic failure.  Such a shame because I've gone every year and had a good time with my kids. 

So , the Jets will consider it a 'SUCCESS" .

Yeah I can't kill the team for the mess, they at least tried to put a good night together. The problem was the motocross set up taking up the field. They tried to pack everyone into the Chase Club which just wasn't big enough.  Bummer. But not the teams fault. 

Yes it was, they own the freakin Stadium!

Archived