Grade the Pick: Darron Lee

Sarge4Tide

Draft Grade  

141 members have voted

1. 1. I would give the Darron Lee pick a grade of......

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Except for free agency, the draft, and a few other unimportant things.

Eh?  I said the draft, that is why he is gone, if he had a great draft when we had 12 picks or whatever he might very well still be employed.  His Fa strat was just fine.  One could argue that the bowles, mac era got off to such a grand start because they were handed a team with not a lot of bad contracts and mountains of cap room.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be impossible to grade this pick until we see how Bowles uses him.  If he tries to get Lee to shed blocks and bang around in between the tackles, it'll be a poor grade.  If they put him out in space like Ohio State did, it could be a very good grade.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Eh?  I said the draft, that is why he is gone, if he had a great draft when we had 12 picks or whatever he might very well still be employed.  His Fa strat was just fine.  One could argue that the bowles, mac era got off to such a grand start because they were handed a team with not a lot of bad contracts and mountains of cap room.

He cut guys who already had contracts that were set up to be cut (Sanchez, Holmes, etc.).  He deserves no credit for that.

He also couldn't negotiate worth a damn and was a buffoon, in general.  His handling of the DRC situation was an abortion.

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

He cut guys who already had contracts that were set up to be cut (Sanchez, Holmes, etc.).  He deserves no credit for that.

He also couldn't negotiate worth a damn and was a buffoon, in general.  His handling of the DRC situation was an abortion.

And yet the previous GM handed out an extension to Sanchez.  Yeah he should have paid DRC whatever he wanted, the giants were last in pass defense last year, signed a high price new fa  in J jenkins and just drafted another CB at 10 overall.  That contract worked out well for them.

12 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It'll be impossible to grade this pick until we see how Bowles uses him.  If he tries to get Lee to shed blocks and bang around in between the tackles, it'll be a poor grade.  If they put him out in space like Ohio State did, it could be a very good grade.

We needed to get faster on defense and we did

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And yet the previous GM handed out an extension to Sanchez.  Yeah he should have paid DRC whatever he wanted, the giants were last in pass defense last year, signed a high price new fa  in J jenkins and just drafted another CB at 10 overall.  That contract worked out well for them.

The previous GM made Sanchez cuttable in 2014.  I have no idea how Idzik gets credit for that.

And that's not what happened with DRC and that's not the point.  You obviously have no idea what happened with DRC, but it's a perfect example of Idzik's buffoonery.

Idzik didn't pass on DRC.  He wanted DRC, but he bungled the situation.  So he gets no credit for "passing" on DRC.  He offered DRC 1 year/$6 million, thinking that DRC had no other suitors and thinking that he was a great negotiator.  He then went to Bridgewater's pro day, thinking he had DRC locked up.  He didn't realize that the Giants were seriously after DRC.  Once he realized that, he scrambled to up his offer to DRC.  The only problem was, he didn't call DRC's agent until AFTER DRC had signed with the Giants.  DRC even preferred the Jets.  John Idzik was a ******* moron.

By the way, DRC is still on the Giants.  He's not the problem with the Giants pass defense.

Also, the Jets secondary in 2014 was about as bad as it gets.  As a result, Mac had to spend $100 million dollars upgrading the secondary.  Good job, Idzik.

2 hours ago, nyjets782 said:

I too am furious that prior to training camp and 13 seconds after he was selected, we didn't just anoint him the starter like that idiot up in Buffalo used to do as soon as a guy was drafted.

I am so-so on the pick myself, but to call it a failure because Bowles didn't name him the starter over Henderson immediately after he was picked is insanely illogical.

Can you please name one other guy in the 1st round...ANY GUY....that was drafted where someone in the organization made any comments about him backing up a player ....particularly oneon hendersons level?

Its bizarre.......

Just now, HighPitch said:

Can you please name one other guy in the 1st round...ANY GUY....that was drafted where someone in the organization made any comments about him backing up a player ....particularly oneon hendersons level?

Its bizarre.......

Wentz, coples

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

We needed to get faster on defense and we did

don't you love the years of complaining about how slow our backers are, slowest in the league... (and this goes way back more than a decade...  remember "slo Mo"?), and now that we have a speedy LB that was rated a first round grade, everyone's complaining because we didn't reach for a project QB, a stupid one no less, who was projected to be a 2nd/3rd round talent at best.  

Got it.

F. In a vacuum the pick could turn out really well. But for a team that has b nothing at QB, to pass on a possible franchise QB with the tools Lynch has and not have to trade up is completely incompetent, especially for a nickel LB hybrid. 

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Im talking about last night.

Wentz is a qb, that's different hes also the #1 pick.

Do you think tonsil will back up anyone? Will hargaeves be a backup?

I don't think it's that big of a deal, Lee is coming into a defense that plays mostly 3-4 and nickel, I think Bowles is trying to take some pressure off the kid knowing there's going to be a bit of a transition and he will be worked into the starting lineup

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its bizarre.......

If you think it is commonplace for teams 1-32 to anoint their first round picks as starters (especially from 20-32) within 10 minutes of being selected, then your NFL viewing has been limited to the Rex Ryan era exclusively.  Show me the guy drafted after Lee that was named an instant starter by the team last night.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

yes how many rings did they win as a gm?

Where does the idea that Elway is some kind of Franchise QB finding bloodhound come from?
He signed Manning... Wow great find! He draftet Zac Dysert (who?), Trevor Siemian (who?), Brock Osweiler (Houston) and Paxton Lynch (who knows?).

Also, in his own words:

In December 2010, Elway expressed interest in working as the Broncos' top football executive, after having dinner with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. However, he expressed no interest in being a head coach or general manager after Josh McDaniels' firing, saying, "I'm not interested in being a head coach. I'm not interested in being a general manager. I don't have that kind of experience to be able to pick those players day in and day out and such."

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

F. In a vacuum the pick could turn out really well. But for a team that has b nothing at QB, to pass on a possible franchise QB with the tools Lynch has and not have to trade up is completely incompetent, especially for a nickel LB hybrid. 

LOL @ "the tools Lynch has".

12 minutes ago, CPH said:

Where does the idea that Elway is some kind of Franchise QB finding bloodhound come from?
He signed Manning... Wow great find! He draftet Zac Dysert (who?), Trevor Siemian (who?), Brock Osweiler (Houston) and Paxton Lynch (who knows?).

Also, in his own words:

In December 2010, Elway expressed interest in working as the Broncos' top football executive, after having dinner with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. However, he expressed no interest in being a head coach or general manager after Josh McDaniels' firing, saying, "I'm not interested in being a head coach. I'm not interested in being a general manager. I don't have that kind of experience to be able to pick those players day in and day out and such."

so you are questioning the ability of the gm that just won the superbowl and one that is a hall of  fame qb who clearly knows the position better than most

your 2010 quote is comical-did he agree to be the gm? and once he did he became great at it-his ring says so

11 minutes ago, CPH said:

Also, in his own words:

^^^THIS^^^

Yet a few people here are using Elway's decision to trade up as though it were conclusive evidence of Lynch's talent and potential.  Comical.  And its a few very seasoned posters who really know better or at least should know better.  This board got a lot dumber because of slome of these claims. It is just as likely that Elway made a major blunder here.  

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He's way too small to ever be a great linebacker. Goddell looked bigger when he congratulated Lee on stage. 6' 230lbs. He's gonna get rag dolled out there. 

You realize Bobby Wagner and LaVonte David are first-team all pro LBs, right?  You also realize they're the same size as Lee, right?

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He's way too small to ever be a great linebacker. Goddell looked bigger when he congratulated Lee on stage. 6' 230lbs. He's gonna get rag dolled out there. 

say hello to Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, and so many more studs that are the same height as Lee.

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so you are questioning the ability of the gm that just won the superbowl and one that is a hall of  fame qb who clearly knows the position better than most

your 2010 quote is comical-did he agree to be the gm? and once he did he became great at it-his ring says so

I'm questioning his alleged ability as the ultimate QB-finder and the practice of using suberbowl rings as proof thereof.

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^^^THIS^^^

Yet a few people here are using Elway's decision to trade up as though it were conclusive evidence of Lynch's talent and potential.  Comical.  And its a few very seasoned posters who really know better or at least should know better.  This board got a lot dumber because of slome of these claims. It is just as likely that Elway made a major blunder here.  

I know, it's weird! Elway knows QB's!!!!!

Archived