Potential 2nd Round Picks?

Sarge4Tide

Potential 2nd Round Picks  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following possible 2nd round picks would make you very happy?

• QB Conner Cook, Michigan St
    • QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State
    • RB Derrick Henry Alabama
    • WR Tyler Boyd Pitt
    • WR Michael Thomas Ohio State
    • WR Sterling Shepard Oklahoma
    • TE Hunter Henry Arkansas
    • OL Jason Spriggs Indiana
    • OL Le'Raven Clark Texas Tech
    • OL Shon Coleman Auburn
    • OL Cody Whitehair Kansas St
    • OL Christian Westerman Arizona St
    • DE Kevin Dodd Clemson
    • DE Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma St
    • DE/LB Noah Spence EKU
    • LB Kamalei Correa Boise St
    • CB Mackensie Alexander Clemson
    • DB Sean Davis Maryland
    • S TJ Green Clemson
    • S Vonn Bell Ohio State

I think the big ? of the 2nd round will be does anyone select Miles Jack. If he needs microfracture surgery teams might not want to have the responsibility of dealing with that medically. And the guy could maybe never play. I felt sorry for him he looked stunned at the draft last night so I hope he doesn't attend tonight. Just go home and watch it on TV. Would love to take him but not sure about how bad his knee is. Surprised Hunter Henry is still on the board probably he'll go early tonight. If still on worth considering for us.

I would have absolutely no qualms if the Jets landed Spence or Jack if they somehow fell to them. I wouldn't mind that it was two lbs in a row because it would transform our defense in a matter of 2 days 

This is a good exercise.  There are 19 picks before the Jets pick. There are 20 players listed.  We may not have much of a choice who we pick.

Could be anyone really.  I picked Correa, because I thought he could be available, and we still are short an EDGE player.

One of tackles could still be the call. 

Since we are dedicated to building this defense, if Spence drops or Jack as others have said you have to draft them. Spence would bring the much needed pressure off the edge and a tandem of Jack and Lee as lb's would be an amazing thing to witness in future years. That is if Jacks knee will survive a season or two.

I find this interesting.  Foxsports lists their top 15 players left on the board here:  http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/15-best-players-still-on-the-board-in-the-nfl-draft-042816

The top 8 are all defense, and 12 of the 15.  Michael Thomas, Derrick Henry and Conner Cook are the only offensive players.  Gil Brandt at nfl.com has a similar list. Top 6 remaining are defense, followed by Derrick Henry, Hunter Henry and Jason Spriggs.

I bring this up because we clearly should be looking at the offensive side of the ball this round and the pickings will probably be slim.  I'd expect DAL to take one of the QBs.  BUF could take the other if he doesn't go sooner.  I'd bet the farm that Derrick Henry is gone as well.  That leaves us with OL or WR most likely.

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Im hoping for Cook, Hackenberg (both of whom will be better than Lynch), Spence or Spriggs

If we draft hackensh*t I will punch a ******* wall, that guy ******* sucks. I would rather have cook, but since the Browns pick ahead of us we will be stuck with sackaberg most likely

17 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If Spence is there you have to take him

Agreed. As much as people will complain about another defensive player being taken, you can't pass up on that kind of talent at that spot in the draft.

There's a good chance Cook or Hackenberg may still be there in round 3. Or they can make a move for Glennon or Kaepernick at that point.

One guy I left off was Bama CB Cyrus Jones.  Good CB and punt returner

I'm a Bama homer, but our last Bama CB hasn't turned out so well, so maybe it's too soon to go back.  But the announcers were dropping his name at the end of round 1, so he might go in the 1st half of round 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

IMO Ogbah/Spence are the BAP's on the board.  I'd love for either to fall.

Next would be Correa. 

Wouldnt hate Spriggs or Alexander.  Talented players that fill a need. 

It'll be awesome here if we take another LBer.

Nevermind if it's a great value and pick. The "oh no more defense" reaction will be priceless.

Archived