Slash?

Integrity28

Could Chan Gailey's prior experience installing spread offenses for limited skill QBs like Tyler Thigpen—and more notably Kordell Stewart—make the Jets more likely to take mid-round QBs with skillsets like Dak Prescott? 

Prescott's got everything you could want in a QB from a leadership and intangibles standpoint. However, the offense he has played in leaves him as very under-developed in both mechanics and experience.

How viable is the idea that the Jets could take a guy that most teams would bury as a project, and build an offense around what that guy does well?

(Obviously, I'm posing a hypothetical topic for discussion - and realize that if they were willing to do this, they probably would have done it for Petty. Or still might.)

I'm happy someone started this thread. This is the QB prospect I am hoping for. And it's because of Chan Gailey. I don't think Gailey gets enough love from fans. He was a winner at Mississippi St. Got beat up last year from poor O line. Has intangibles and a physical skill set that looks perfect for Gailey O. Does anyone else feel he has similarities to Russel Wilson?

31 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I'm happy someone started this thread. This is the QB prospect I am hoping for. And it's because of Chan Gailey. I don't think Gailey gets enough love from fans. He was a winner at Mississippi St. Got beat up last year from poor O line. Has intangibles and a physical skill set that looks perfect for Gailey O. Does anyone else feel he has similarities to Russel Wilson?

I think Russell Wilson had much better mechanics and experience coming out. The reason he dropped was the ever-stupid "not tall enough" stigma. Dude could ball and it was obvious in college. Dak is similar in "presence" but not necessarily in readiness.

Well you'd have to think it would be a sad reflection on our current QB project.

I think the guy with the highest ceiling is Jones and wouldn't mind seeing us get him tomorrow if possible. I think we'd take Cook in the second if he falls, he's the pro-ready guy.

Archived